Super Contributor

Re: 70 yrs old and 'drop dead gorgeous'

On 8/30/2014 KateChopin said:
On 8/30/2014 gazelle77 said: It is refreshing to see a woman just be herself at the age she is. Yes, Helen has jowls and lines and wrinkles...but she looks how a 70 year old looks without all the "stuff" done. She is attractive....but drop dead gorgeous? Nope. Angeline Jolie is drop dead gorgeous.

ITA. I think those who age naturally are so much more beautiful than those who have had their face lifted so that their eyes no longer open. There is a local woman who appears in commercials for her husband's car business here. Her face has been lifted so many times she appears unnatural and odd looking. They use so many filters on her in the commercial that she appears blurry, too. Helen has her beat by a mile!

Betty White is a good example of a natural beauty who just let age happen and looks great!

Angelina should be so lucky! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Betty White is so precious!~ And she is lovely for 90ish! Oh my gosh! I only hope I look as lovely as Betty when I am 90!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Harpa said:

I must have very different standards. Either that, or I just don't throw words around. I can't think of a single person, in the movies, on TV, or on a shopping channel that I think is DDG! Very few old-timers (Hollywood stars), too, for that matter.

Other descriptive words seem to just fit better: attractive, beautiful, pretty...

I agree there are few, but I think Josie Maren fits the bill. I think God was very generous with her physical self.

Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 8/31/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 8/31/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

It sounds rather disingenuous and makes me wonder what else Jamie is being disingenuous about. Hmm.... {#emotions_dlg.blink} I have never had any success with any of her "miracle" products either.

Her foundation is awesome.

I tried it and it stuck in lines, I didn't know I had.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

You might have applied it too heavily. It's made to apply very lightly. Please take that as just a suggestion, not a criticism.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}On 8/27/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 8/27/2014 sunshine45 said:

you mean she isnt 70 and drop dead gorgeous?

she is definitely a beautiful 70 year old woman!

She is 70, looks 70. Nothing wrong with that. Drop Dead Gorgeous???? That is stretching it a bit.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 8/27/2014 KKJ said:

ITA, and also cringe hearing JM's "Argan Oil! story over and over.

Super Contributor

Frequent Contributor

I agree that Helen is a lovely and attractive looking woman, but wouldn't say DDG. I will say that I always thinks she looks older as Jamie brushes on her products. Her crowsfeet and lines are much more pronounced in the after pics. She may look brighter, but she also looks older.