Honored Contributor

Re: 70's and 80's Beauty trip down memory lane

At one point in the 80s I decided that if I was living in Silicon Valley I should be working at a Silicon Valley company.  I secured a job and worked in a cleanroom where makeup and fragrance were verboten.  As it turns out I was the only female who adhered to the policy.  This was the era of Poison.  Forgive me if this is your signature fragrance, but to me the stuff smelled like Raid.

Dior

Raid

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Iconic 80s:

Giorgio

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Coty

Coty

Coty

Coty

Coty

Ring any bells?

Trusted Contributor

Oh my, I used to love these.  I wish they were still around.

Honored Contributor

Liz

Liz

Liz

Liz

Liz

No, I didn't carry a Liz Claiborne purse in the 80s (I got mine in the 90s), but I wore her giant eyeglass frames -- in every shape and color -- in the 80s.  I once went to a hair stylist that everyone recommended and she refused to cut my hair.  I clearly remember her saying:

"My cuts are my calling card.  I can't have my calling card wearing glasses that are so ridiculous."

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Aramis--my mother used to purchase a bottle every Christmas just to get the umbrella.

Respected Contributor

@TaylorBrown
OK that made me laugh! My Mom did the exact same thing!
"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

Hi Daisyk 

Yes I mentioned Lauren and I remember the Tuxedo perfume too . I also remember Lauren's print ads he had those beautiful models either in southwest styles or beautiful english country looks tweeds, boots their long hair flowing. I also remember Ultima II THE Nakeds I think Kevin AUcoin worked on that line it  had the most realistic natural colors  I am really enjoying this thread some much fun !

Respected Contributor