Honored Contributor

Re: 70's and 80's Beauty trip down memory lane

I found Prell to be very drying to the scalp and abandoned it. I also find that over time, many perfumes or eau de toilettes change chemically and that the scent changes due to that.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Clean Make-Up!   lol. covergirl always turned orange on me. i never wore foundation much for that reason...in college i wore a bit of eyeliner, mascara and on my lips Dr.Pepper lip smacker - in the big tube.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I used gallons of this stuff. Bonne Bell

And this was my fragrance along with Revlon Intimate

And Coty's Muguet des Bois

OMG .......   I LOVED Ten O Six!!!    Do they still make it?

Honored Contributor

Did anyone use any of these Dana fragrances?    Ambush was my favorite for a long time!!

Honored Contributor

A few years ago I found giant bottles of Tabu (marked down to almost nothing) at Walgreens.  I stocked up!  At the time I was working for a non-profit arts organization and a local filmmaker/actor walked into my office, stopped, closed his eyes and inhaled.  I'll never forget the dreamy look on his face (similar to the one my dog gets when there's a turkey roasting in the oven).  Turns out the love of his life wore Tabu

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

A few years ago I found giant bottles of Tabu (marked down to almost nothing) at Walgreens.  I stocked up!  At the time I was working for a non-profit arts organization and a local filmmaker/actor walked into my office, stopped, closed his eyes and inhaled.  I'll never forget the dreamy look on his face (similar to the one my dog gets when there's a turkey roasting in the oven).  Turns out the love of his life wore Tabu

I came across 3 bottles (unopened!) of White Shoulders Perfume at a yard sale and came home and put some on. DH's best friend came over and said "wow...you smell like my Aunt Edith"......he didn't add anything else so ???hmmmmmm lol!

Honored Contributor

When I was much younger, the neighbor's Basset Hound, Daisy, had a terrible crush on our dog and would often come over and spend the day with us.  She was one of those hounds with a distinct hound fragrance.  Her family meant well, and doused her with Evening in Paris.  A heady combination...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I will never forgive them for discontinuing Jovan Grass Oil for Women!

Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker was big for me as well as the pre-cursor for acne skin care, Clearasil!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 80s scents included Jontue.

Jontue

I was dating a guy named John and he gave me a bottle of Jontue almost immediately, emphasizing that "all his women wear Jontue."  The comment was odd, but I figured this was the fragrance he pushed off on all his former girlfriends.  I started wearing it -- I recall that it didn't turn to bear grease on me -- but once I discovered that his mother also wore it, the relationship came to an abrupt end.