Frequent Contributor

Make sure you are getting enough healthy oils in your diet or taking Omega fish oils.After washing your face with tepid water,apply a gentle,alcohol free toner or essence,such as the rosewater pictured above.Just pat on your face with a cotton round or your fingers,do not rub.Do this 4 times,letting each layer absorb before applying the next,then apply a Sleeping mask before bed.Im currently using Elizabeth Arden Ceramide toner and Isomers Caviar Sleeping Mask as they are both very moisturizing.In summer I use lighter products.As for hyaluronic acid,it needs humidity in the air to work.If the climate is dry it will take the moisture from your skin,causing dryness

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Have you found anything that lightens dark spots on the face?

I’m pretty sure my dark spots are from Lichen Planus, so they are dark from something else besides melanin. 

However, maybe there is something that will lighten?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Do you use an electric face scrubber (like Clarisonic)? I started having a lot of problems with my facial skin 5 years ago....went to a dermatologist and after looking at my regimen, she told me to stay away from the Clarisonic, and to use Cerave for cleansing and moisturizer. That new regimen did the trick for me.

At 71, I've been using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Oil for about a year and absolutely love it! I'm also really happy with EA moisturizer with ceramide. I have sensitive skin, but her products work really well on my skin, especially keeping it moisturized.

Good luck to you!

Honored Contributor

Re: 68 yr.old skin issue

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Have you found anything that lightens dark spots on the face?

I’m pretty sure my dark spots are from Lichen Planus, so they are dark from something else besides melanin. 

However, maybe there is something that will lighten?

@LTT1 

I don't know the answer to your question. But I bet your doctor might know. Sounds to me like there might be post-inflammatory darkening similar to acne (a form of hyperpigmentation), and the spots will just become lighter over time...?? My derm does laser treatments for spots on the skin. That would be who I would consult with if the spots are bothering you. I know how you feel. I have many spots from scleroderma on my face and I get them laser treated occasionally to remove them.

Respected Contributor

I would seek the advice of your dermatologist. There may be an underlying condition that you may not be aware of. You will get so many responses here that it might become confusing. 

Super Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Thanks so much.  I've been wondering how I can mix this and incorporate it into my skincare routine. I had no idea.  I'll check Amazon for pure glycerin.  I think I'll keep the spray in the fridge, in S. Florida I just love stuff like that in the summer.  Perfect.

A month or so ago, I was posting about Glycerin as a very cheap

moisturizer.....I paid about $5 for  12ozs. on Amazon., but it's even cheaper

by the Gallon!

Along with that, I saw pure Hylaronic powder and other ingredients for DIY

skincare products for super low prices.

Along with the Glycerin, I bought Rose Witch Hazel Mist.

Although I have unopened products from decades of Shop TV, 

Ive been trying to give them away and pare down.

I don't have enough years of life yet to possibly make a dent in the

hundreds of tubes and jars! lol

(anyone from central Mass.?)

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Dry face,  thinking of natural skin moistuizer, not sure, i use cerave, and others ,but when my skin is this dry, it burns my face, i use oils, any ideas?

Me too, until I started using Josie's Reserve Oil, and Sleeping Necta. I also use Perricone which helped when my dry skin began with surgical menopause when I was 50, 61 now. I still use it and has helped so much, but last year added Josie, and got even better. So I'm good with those lines!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Super Contributor

Please share, what is "Cambridge"?

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Dry face,  thinking of natural skin moistuizer, not sure, i use cerave, and others ,but when my skin is this dry, it burns my face, i use oils, any ideas?

@goldensrbest I would suggest using an oil like Argan oil etc( or even a combination of oils you like...).  Mix  the oil  with a hyaluronic Acid serum.... many to choose from.

What I do  is put this combination on my face in the morning. I do not wash my skin in the morning, just at night and only once a day. 

Then in the morning, after your oil and hyaluronic acid combination... put on your face whatever else you need for the day makeup, other serums or whatever... and your sun screen.

I personally think people over wash their skin... upsetting the mantle... and the PH. That leads to dryness... etc.    Use a gentle cleanser...I use a creamy cleanser.... do not use rough  exfoliation  or scrubs on your face either.   It is not necessary and just damages your skin

Make sure your Water supply is NOT ordinary tap water.  Use a Water Filter or bottled water instead -- avoid the Chlorine (toxic) and all the other bad stuff in tap water, especially if you're in a dry climate.  Good luck.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I really love Peter Thomas Roth's pure Squalene, I alternate or even combine with JM Milk before adding moisturizer and/or Argan Oil.  CBD Oil is very healing too.  So glad I left the dry desert -- the Coast is cool and damp, good for skin & hair (not so much for arthritis tho).