Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Is there something you are using that is causing this dryness?   It would be best to see your doctor.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Did you find something that works for your facial skin?

Yes, @LTT1 . I make my own vitamin C serum and it contains a good dose of glycerin. So I actually use that as my daytime moisturizer. I also make a hydrating misting spray with two ingredients...glycerin and water...and I use that as a setting spay that hydrates, too. Sometimes I just use that spray to give my skin a boost of hydration all by itself. It's basic and easy to make.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  I've been reading that pure glycerin is great for the skin and really cheap to buy.  Can you share any simple recipes?  Please!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

She said argan oil dries her skin out. It does that to mine, too...and HA is even more drying on my face. I can't use either.

@SilleeMee  Guess what works for some....doesn't work for others...   when I mix my HA with oil is is not drying....and Argan oil works wonderfully for my skin. Everyone and their skin is different. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SilleeMee  I've been reading that pure glycerin is great for the skin and really cheap to buy.  Can you share any simple recipes?  Please!

Yes @Harvard99 .

Add about 1 tablespoon of glycerin in 4-oz misting spray bottle and fill with water. Shake it well and it will remain mixed, no need to keep shaking after that. If your skin feels sticky after using the spray, then you can pour a little off and add more water. It's very customizable and not rocket science. Smiley Happy

Or if you don't want to make your own then this product is very good...has glycerin and rosewater. Smells like fresh roses, light and fresh.

51rrupzbFvL._SY355_.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks so much.  I've been wondering how I can mix this and incorporate it into my skincare routine. I had no idea.  I'll check Amazon for pure glycerin.  I think I'll keep the spray in the fridge, in S. Florida I just love stuff like that in the summer.  Perfect.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone use derma e products?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Oh thank you so much!

I love this idea!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee

I have been buying my “chapstick” and helichrysum oil from Piping Rock...just wanted to let you know!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

You're welcome Woman Happy @LTT1 

I love their lip balm. It lasts a long time and I don't buy it very often because of that. 

The glycerin / water misting spray I make is really nice for the arms and legs...gives them a nice glow. If you make it, hope you find it helps your skin stay hydrated.