Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I agree with @Porcelain  about cleansers and exfoliation. It sounds like it might me that your skin's mantle has been compromised somehow, especially when you say it burns. Even using hot water on the skin can damage the skin's mantle and many derms recommend staying away from hot water to cleanse.

I buy the vitacost  brand,  been giving to my cambridge, perhaps back off of the retin a ,for a while.and like you argan oil makes mr dryer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Ohh! Hugs for your Cambridge. @goldensrbest 

Regular Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Dry face,  thinking of natural skin moistuizer, not sure, i use cerave, and others ,but when my skin is this dry, it burns my face, i use oils, any ideas?

I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost for extra dry skin.  I watch dermatologist Dr. Dray on You Tube.  She suggested this moisturizer and to use it on a wet face (let air dry) to lock in the moisture and to build up the moisture barrier.

I made sure I bought the Hydro Boost for Extra Dry skin and tried her suggestion.  It has really worked for me.  I also stopped using any products on my face without fragrance.  I think by doing these 2 things really has turned my skin around.

She also recommends the Cerave line but I can't recall which products.  I do use Cerave for a body lotion, applied to wet skin (then I air dry).  I can't tell you what a difference this has made.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @SilleeMee 

I’m experimenting with Sea Buckthorn oil.

Does anyone have experience with this?

It is colored bright orange and can stain fabrics, so when people use it all over their face, I wonder how they deal with the bright orange color?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@goldensrbest @SilleeMee 

I’m experimenting with Sea Buckthorn oil.

Does anyone have experience with this?

It is colored bright orange and can stain fabrics, so when people use it all over their face, I wonder how they deal with the bright orange color?

I bought that oil before @LTT1 . I used it as a spot treatment for some dark spots on my face, which didn't work btw.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Dry face,  thinking of natural skin moistuizer, not sure, i use cerave, and others ,but when my skin is this dry, it burns my face, i use oils, any ideas?

@goldensrbest I would suggest using an oil like Argan oil etc( or even a combination of oils you like...).  Mix  the oil  with a hyaluronic Acid serum.... many to choose from.

What I do  is put this combination on my face in the morning. I do not wash my skin in the morning, just at night and only once a day. 

Then in the morning, after your oil and hyaluronic acid combination... put on your face whatever else you need for the day makeup, other serums or whatever... and your sun screen.

I personally think people over wash their skin... upsetting the mantle... and the PH. That leads to dryness... etc.    Use a gentle cleanser...I use a creamy cleanser.... do not use rough  exfoliation  or scrubs on your face either.   It is not necessary and just damages your skin

Honored Contributor

She said argan oil dries her skin out. It does that to mine, too...and HA is even more drying on my face. I can't use either.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Did you find something that works for your facial skin?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Another 68 yr youngster here......

I have always had dry skin.  The following has always worked for me for decades.......

Night time

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at Mon, May 6, 2019-2.08.35 PM.png

Daytime

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at Mon, May 6, 2019-2.12.37 PM.png

Shower/Bath

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at Mon, May 6, 2019-2.14.39 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I am in your age reange and use Dr. Denese skincare products. Her facial wash is moisturing which really helps my dry, sensitive skin. The hydroshield serum and one of the dream cream would be my first pick. (the dream cream can used day and night.) That's where I would start. You only need a little amount to cover the enitre face and neck so one jar lasts months and months. Hope this helps you.