Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's ladies and all ages come and chat for May....

it's 1:15 CST and DH is snoring so loud that I can't sleep. this doesn't happen very often, but when he gets in grizzly bear mode I end up in the den watching TV. right now the Q has a Zumba show on. don't laugh, but Zumba is something I've thought about trying. ( in my own house, not in public) . it looks like a good way to exercise and burn some calories without hurting my knees. I didn't mention it before, but I started Weight Watchers online last Friday. this 'ain't my first rodeo' with WW. I think I've joined, oh let's see....a hundred times {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. but this time I have some major motivation: a mother of the bride dress to buy before November! yikes, and I have some serious weight to lose before then. have any of you ever done WW or Zumba?

the grizzly bear seems to have quieted down, so I'm going to try to sleep now.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

So many great posts. That is a good thing.

How is everyone. I hope all who are suffering with health issues and their DH's will be well soon.

I'm hanging in there.

Have a great day.

Trusted Contributor

We are all worried about Nana of 5 who has not posted since Oct. 2013. Nana, if you are reading please call me. Call me so we know you are OK.

Super Contributor

Good Tuesday Afternoon Ladies:

Spammom....."Please remember one thing.....friends are like angels....you don't have to see them to know they are there"! This brought a tear to my eye. Sometimes we don't realize the simplest things. I have friends for years that I may only get to see a few times a year, yet they are the first ones I call when I have a problem or just need a shoulder to lean on. They are always there, and I hope I am there for them when needed.

Bobbisue......Praying that you feel better soon.

Cindy, Helen, Spammom, Mocha, Kat, Puddles, RetRN and anyone else I may have unintentionally omitted.....thank you for your continuing support and prayers. They mean the world to me, and you definitely lend true meaning to Spammom's "angel" saying.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have an answer (please let it be a good one!). Take care and be well.

Trusted Contributor

Still praying for you Shorelady and your DH. Hope the news is good.

Honored Contributor

And I'll finally have the peace of mind I've been wishing for...

This angel is praying for everyone in need of prayer.

cindy, I had no idea you are having kidney problems. I'm keeping you in my prayers that your doctor can give you a medicine that will better help. My MIL had problems with gout and I'm really sorry you too suffer with that pain. I guess the only good thing about it is that it does come and go. I hope yours goes more than comes.

shorelady, I continue to keep your DH in prayer.

Spammom, I'm glad to be your inspiration.

Bobbisue, I am very concerned about Nana. She last posted on the Sidewalk Café thread in October last year and I know she had many health problems. I pray for her everyday.

bunsnpigs, happy belated birthday!

Waving to RetRN, Mochahoney, KatCat, Helen, rina, h2be, and loves.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. HJope everyone had a great day.

My doctor visit went well. At least at the moment, my kidneys are functioning normally. He attributes my diet ( I try to eat as much "gout friendly" foods as possible), and I do drink tart black cherry juice, which really does seem to help. He also feels strongly that the new defibulaor my cardio doctor implanted when I was hospitalized last March contributes greatly to my improved kidney functions. Anyway, he was pleased with my progress. He does not recommend putting me on Colchicine. He gave me a prednisone/steroid prescription to help with the swelling and pain. Since steroids do not filter through the kidneys, he says this is one safe bet to use for now. Maybe not as effective as Colchicine, but must less potentially harmful. I don't have to go back to him until July 8th. On the 15th, I see my cardio doctor. Hopefully, I will get a good report from him also!

Puddles: Good to her from you, and hope you are feeling better every day.

Shorelady: Continued prayers to you & your DH.

To all my other friends here, thank you all so much for your concerns. Have a relaxing evening.

Cindy

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/6/2014 cindyinfl said:

Good evening ladies. HJope everyone had a great day.

My doctor visit went well. At least at the moment, my kidneys are functioning normally. He attributes my diet ( I try to eat as much "gout friendly" foods as possible), and I do drink tart black cherry juice, which really does seem to help. He also feels strongly that the new defibulaor my cardio doctor implanted when I was hospitalized last March contributes greatly to my improved kidney functions. Anyway, he was pleased with my progress. He does not recommend putting me on Colchicine. He gave me a prednisone/steroid prescription to help with the swelling and pain. Since steroids do not filter through the kidneys, he says this is one safe bet to use for now. Maybe not as effective as Colchicine, but must less potentially harmful. I don't have to go back to him until July 8th. On the 15th, I see my cardio doctor. Hopefully, I will get a good report from him also!

Puddles: Good to her from you, and hope you are feeling better every day.

Shorelady: Continued prayers to you & your DH.

To all my other friends here, thank you all so much for your concerns. Have a relaxing evening.

Cindy

the defibrillator= better perfusion=better kidney function. I'm so glad you got a good report. now, if you could just keep the gout-monster away ....

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

Good early morning ladies. Had a restless night, so decided to try and get an early start. I love being up early when the house is quiet and Bob & the babies are still sleeping. I can enjoy my coffee in peace!

Speaking of which, I had ordered some k-cips from Keurig- had a coupon buy 2 boxes, get 2 free. On the boxes I ordered was a Donut House brew called Chocolate Glazed Donut. YUM, is it good! Obviously, good chocolate flavor and does not require any sweetner. I think it is sweet enough as it is. I just might have to order more of this flavor so I can keep a good supply on hand.

Mochahoney: Your assessment regarding the defibulator is exactly right. From the moment my cardio doctor did the implant, it didn't take long to feel a big improvement in my breathing and as the kidney doctor said, in my kidney functions. Now if I could just lose this gout, I'd be in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in Wink ! Better living through pharmaceuticals as DH likes to say!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. I'm going for a coffee refill and to watch some of the kitchen shows today on QVC.

Cindy

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies......

Cindy, so glad you got a good report. Hope the gout clears up.

It is thunderstorms and lightening here right now. It is going to be 80 today and tomorrow. I have a new pair of capris and top ready that I recently bought from the Q. I am wearing them today. It is time for some warm weather here.

All those here who are suffering from illness or your DH's are in my thoughts and prayers. I worry about all of you.

Kat, how are your eyes today?

Shorelady, praying for a good report today. Trust, trust, trust.

Spammom, still praying for your knee and leg.

Have a good day ladies....