Occasional Contributor

Re: 60's ladies and all ages come and chat for July....

Tried to get rid of one of these but it won't delete!! So I basically said the same thing twice

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies....Low key here today. I can't eat anyway. I wish you all a happy fourth. Please enjoy your day....BBL

Esteemed Contributor

Happy 4th of July and good morning to all. I'm up much earlier than usual because, guess what...it's only 70 degrees here this morning with low humidity so I can get outside and pull weeds. yea! {#emotions_dlg.lol}.

DH has been cutting the grass for an hour already. I went out to start in the garden and there was dust, dirt and grass flying everywhere. so at the moment, I'm having a delicious cup of freshly ground Starbucks coffee made in my new Farberware Superfast percolator that finally arrived last evening, and chillin' with Princess Daisy. photo a7259c14-706d-4d05-b82f-cc024295c2b2.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Just a quick note to wish all the wonderful people who post here a happy and safe day. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts to our friends going through health issues and other difficulties too. A very warm welcome again to all our new posters!!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
~H~
Respected Contributor

On 7/4/2014 Bobbisue said:

Good morning ladies....Low key here today. I can't eat anyway. I wish you all a happy fourth. Please enjoy your day....BBL

Eating is so unimportant to the day. Maybe it would be good for you to be interacting with the people who you care about and who care about you......the saddest thing any of us can do is to waste a single moment of whatever moments we have left.
Trusted Contributor

Going to bed ladies. I hope you all had a good fourth. Good night. Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

On 7/4/2014 Bobbisue said:

Going to bed ladies. I hope you all had a good fourth. Good night. Have a good evening.

I hope you're doing okay. Please take good care of yourself.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Good afternoon ladies.

Hope you are enjoying a fun 4th. Stay safe.

We have spent a very quiet 4th- ate around 1pm, watched some t.v. then took a nap!

I took a bottle of cherry limeade, poured it into an ice tray without the dividers, froze it, and made cherry limeade freezes. It was so good and refreshing, and what an easy "desert" to make for hot days.

Need to change out the laundry, then I think I will lay back down for a while.

Good evening to all.

Cindy

P.s. Helen- thanks for your concern about our weather situation. Luckily, Hurricane Arthur passed about 150 miles off shore, so the only effects were felt at the ocean front with high currents and riptides. We didn't even get any rain out of it!

Honored Contributor

So good to hear CINDY, that you escaped any harm from the hurricane. I got worried when I saw Jacksonville might be affected. Although, I'm sure you would have welcomed at least a little rain! Your cherry limeade freezes sound so good, and I would guess you could make them any flavor you like; definitely will try. It's been so hot and humid out here; it would be perfect.

We're getting ready to watch the fireworks go off from our backyard. There's an Olympic Training Stadium not too far away and we have a perfect view from our patio. DH and the grandkids are setting up the chairs, so I'm taking a minute to catch up here.

MOCHAHONEY, what a sweet picture of your Princess Daisy! My mother also always made her coffee with a percolator and just hearing about yours brought back memories. I've often thought of buying one and now I think I need to do just that. Were you able to get any gardening done? No matter, remember, it's always Saturday nowSmile! There's always tomorrow.

Our day was pretty quiet too, although our kids were here. Spent a lot of time indoors, it was just too hot and humid. It's cooled off now and will be nice sitting outdoors. Waving to DANKY, NC BANDWAGON (so good to hear from you; thanks for stopping by!) and all our friends (wish I could name everyone, but I'm hearing my name to hurry up)!

Good Night and God bless........Helen

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

Helen, one of the very first things I ever bought when I got out of nursing school in 1973 was a little 4 cup Farberware Superfast percolator. I loved that little coffee pot and had it for 20 years before it fizzled out. my 2nd one lasted for about 20 years too and just died a week or so ago. this time I bought an 8 cup, since I'm not in a rush in the mornings anymore and have time to drink as much coffee as I want ( yea for retirement {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}).

I did get some weed pulling done this evening, but I got too hot and ended up getting sick. without going into detail, let me just say: don't pull weeds and get so hot that you end up feeling faint and nauseated after you've eaten ribs and baked beans. it was not a good thing.

enjoy the fireworks with the grandkids and DH. Cindy, that cherry limeade drink sounds really good, and I bet those sloppy joes and the potato salad were too.

welcome Kathi1. you are so kind to help your mother with paying those bills. I hope she feels better about it now. your burgers, potato salad and sweet corn sounds perfect. hope you get good news on Monday about your lab.

NC bandwagon ( I see your nic has nothing to do with North Carolina sports ), RetRN, Katcat, Danky, Spammom, AuntG, fancy pantsy, Shorelady, Bobbisue, lovestoteach, Puddles, h2be, boyz and everyone else here: hope you've had a happy 4th and a safe and peaceful night.

tomorrow, like every day, is Saturday. blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich