Valued Contributor

Re: 60's ladies and all ages come and chat for July....

Bobbisue......I am thinking about you!

Take really good care of yourself!

Esteemed Contributor

like everyone else, I am shocked and saddened by this terrible news Bobbisue. I know you are a woman of great faith. I hope that faith will sustain you and give you the strength to get though this.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Bobbisue... this is shocking ... I can't express my feelings right now... we love you, friend, and want you to be well...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Bobbiesue, I am very sad to hear about your illness. I will pray for you for God to give you strength to make it through all this and will send other prayers your way. When you can, please stop in to let us know how you are. God Bless you, Bobbiesue. Kathy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Bobbisue, I am so sorry, I don't know what else to say right now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take things one day at a time, I know your strong faith will provide strength at this difficult time. Accept the support and encouragement of others, we will always be here for you.

Honored Contributor

Hello to all of our new posters, it is so WONDERFL to have you join our group. I am eager to get to know all of you.

I retired last year at age 62 after working as an R.N. in hospitals for 40 years. I love retirement and enjoy reading, walking, and renewing old friendships. I also enjoy going on day trips, especially farmer's markets.

I am in reasonably good health after suffering a stroke in 2002. I was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder (lupus anticoagulant) at that time so am on Coumadin. I just returned from the clinic lab where I had my INR drawn.

The ladies here share wonderful recipes, beautiful pictures, and touching stories. They all love their families and share the good times and the bad. We offer encouragement to each other when is comes to health issues so it is a great place to communicate.

Wishing you all a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

RetRN, have you ever thought about switching to one of the new anticoagulants that don't require frequent lab monitoring?

my garden is still producing lots of cherry tomatoes and cucumbers but I think too much rain killed my lettuce.  photo 5fc5d204-4297-4bd8-89b4-7da034627738.jpg photo 6878cd8d-9ac6-4d96-b170-8518b4854bb9.jpg photo 950284c4-488b-47ae-a031-f671d8e7e0e9.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

this is a 175 year old horse watering trough in Vicksburg, Mississippi.  photo 9c5fd646-ab91-4d99-86a0-dd560f4b6485.jpg it's located a half a block from this house, where my dad grew up. photo feb83c1c-92e5-4c8b-9bac-9c4e9ec2e43e.jpg

Honored Contributor

Bobbisue, I am so sorry to read this today and I am at a loss for words.

Sending you good thoughts and prayers during this difficult time! (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

MOCHAHONEY, I did a little research online re our Beefsteak tomatoes. What I took from what I read was certain factors determine how quickly they ripen/turn red, I.e., temps. not too cold not too hot, trimming them down to encourage more energy going to tomatoes instead of excessive flowering, not overwatering, etc. Smaller tomatoes like cherry ripen much faster. There were comments where some people said their Beefsteaks didn't ripen until late July or August! So, you're probably doing nothing wrong. I, too, have lots of still green, some bigger than others, although I usually have one or two that are turning red daily. Hmmm....not sure I will grow "Beefsteaks" again. Patience has never been one of my strong points!(-; I do plan to cut my plant back some and maybe thin it out.....
~H~