Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Hi everyone!

Glad you got your haircut and DH is back home. @MariotaMurielle

Wishing @SleeplessinSD@snardy@MariotaMurielle@Hayfield@LTT1@catwhisperer@RetRNand anyone else I missed a very happy Thanksgiving. 

The pumpkin pie is made, ricotta filling for manicotti put together. I’m running out of room in the fridge! LOL

Tomorrow I make the deviled eggs & put together on Thursday the salads before everyone arrives. Middle son is arriving tomorrow night. He will help me with the table insert.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

a Gulfport harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, so happy DH arrived home safe. Sounds like between the two of you you’re wrapping up last minute preparations for Thursday. How nice DD’s family was able to spend the holiday with you. I know you’ll all have a great time!

@JustJazzmom, Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you’ve got everything under control with just a few things left to do. I hope you and your family have a great day!

@snardy, By now your DGd’s have arrived. Enjoy every minute! I agree, they do grow so fast! I can’t believe mine are 15 and 22! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving dear friend!

@Hayfield, I forgot to ask. Are you cooking for Thanksgiving?? JUST KIDDING, Lol! Have a great time with your friends and family and the rest of your time off. I’d be excited to see a medal my son earned too, so I know you’re proud!😊

@LTT1, I only had oysters once and I liked them. Not my favorite but they were OK. What a fun day you and DH had planned. How was the movie?

@katte, @snardy@Hayfield, thank you for your kind thoughts. I got blood work this morning and I’m on my new meds. Hopefully, I’ll be better soon. If not, the doctor wants to see me again in a month. Katte is right. The holidays can be a stressful time!

Happy Thanksgiving RetRN, Catwhisperer, Shorelady, Fancy, and all our friends! ❤️🦃🍁😊

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--DS made it home yesterday afternoon and this morning the three of us are going out to Burke Lake, he'll run and DH & I will walk.  It's a little chilly but it should be OK.  I'll make the banana cream pie when I get home.  DD is staying overnight tonight & tomrrow night.  The four of us will have dinner together tonight, veal parm., pasta, salad & wine!!!!!!

It sounds like we're all busy, busy, busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.  AmVets didn't pick up my stuff yesterday.  I called today and they didn't make to everyone, I'm sure traffic was heavier than usual yesterday, they said they'd come Friday, so I told DH, just leave it outside, not dragging it back in to drag back out on Friday.

SISD--I do hope the new meds help!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just taking a minute from Thanksgiving prep to wish you all a good day. DH took DGD’s to breakfast and to run last minute errands so I can get all my things done. 

Mochahoney, I bet your haircut is cute. It’s been 5 or 6 months since my hair has been growing out. It’s a pretty silver color (if I do say so.)  My stylist says in a couple of more haircuts, most of my blond will be gone. I’m sure your hair will be pretty too. I’m glad DH is home. 

Hayfield, you must be so proud of your son!  I LOVE banana cream pie. It’s just the best! 

JJM, Happy Thanksgiving to you too. My fridge is getting full also!

SleeplessinSD, 🙏🏻 that you are feeling better today. I hope after the holidays are over, you can get some good rest. Take good care of yourself, dear friend.  

Hello to Katte, Loves, RetRN, Catwhisperer and all our other friends. Blessings!❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

CE7576C5-DC12-452E-A8F1-22FAA54F518C.jpeg

Have a a wonderful day tomorrow, everyone!

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Here are my thoughts about the movie we saw yesterday “Last Flag Flying.”

Steve Carell plays a man who now has a very sad life, having lost his son in the Iraq war. He meets up with his two buddies — they all served in the Vietnam War.

Steve Carell wants his two old friends to go with him to participate in the funeral service.

Bryan Cranston has quite a mouth on him. There are reasons all three morphed into different lifestyles. 

So the movie was maybe supposed to be sad but I didn’t find it so. Perhaps the producer wanted the audience to focus on the men’s lives then vs now AND reasons for these wars? I don’t know except to say that I found it interesting and sometimes funny with these three being such characters.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE!!

Honored Contributor

670DA954-1207-4D08-ABD1-C3083D34D1BD.gif

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving!  We had a nice dinner last night, then played a updated version of Trivial Prusuit, DS won!  This morning it's the gym then making the mashed potatoes and a pecan pie to take to our neighbors.  We'll be going over at 3.  Enjoy the day with family and/or friends!!!