Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@RetRN, isn't Door county famous for their cherry crop? I've always wanted to go there.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, yes, Door County is known for their delicious cherries-- I bought cherry jam, cherry salsa, cherry streudel, cherry wine, and some various chocolates with cherries. Had cherry pie at one of the restaurants and it was really good. If  you ever have a chance to take a trip there I think you would really enjoy it. Al Johnson's restaurant, with goats on the roof, is well known for their Swedish pancakes with lingonberries and Swedish meatballs. Door County is also known for their fish boils, however I do not like them.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN, I love cherry everything Smiley Happy

here's a Lucedale, Mississippi country road sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, grass, outdoor and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good evening everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. I went shopping this morning and read in the afternoon. It's been raining for several hours. We really need it. 

JJM, have a good time!

Hayfield,  your post about Vietnam touched me. Thank you. Have fun in NYC!!

SleeplessinSD, I am sorry your sister isn't well. I'm glad you went to see her. Thinking of you. 

RetRN, your vacation sounded like a wonderful time. Where is Door County? Cherries are my favorite. All the things you got sound so good!!

Wishing you all a happy Sunday. Blessings to everyone. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

We just got back a little bit ago. It's been a long day. I'm tired and about ready to go upstairs. I just wanted to stop in for a quick good night...

@snardy@RetRN, thank you. My sister has been very sick all week. She's waiting for results on tests and hoping to hear Monday. She may be contagious depending, but we were very careful just in case. Her girls were there too, so she has lots of help. Still, she was so happy to see us. We had a great visit.  @RetRN, your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun. I've never heard of Door Co., but I'm sure I'd enjoy it there. I love Cherry anything! @snardy, I'm hoping to have a quiet,  relaxing day tomorrow and catch up on my reading. It was another beautiful day here, but we're warming up next week. I'm glad you got some rain and hope it helps with the fires your way. Take good care!😊

Waving Hi to all our friends. I hope everyone had a good day...😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

Travel day! Thanks for the wishes!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

IMG_0799.JPG

Hi everyone... I am catching bits and pieces of everyone's weekend! Will read and post more tomorrow.

@JustJazzmom

Happy Anniversary!

@SleeplessinSD

Wishing good thoughts for your sister's tests!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends, it's been the most wonderful quiet day here, full of Hallmark movies, football, laundry and reading. it's getting to be that time of year where the light changes just enough to trick you into thinking it's crisp and cool outside when you look out the window. something about how the sunlight filters through the trees. unfortunately, it's just an illusion.  as @LTT1's post below hints, it's still 90 degrees here and absolutely does not feel like fall. October will be here soon, and by the end of the month it will start cooling down.

DH went to Walmart today to pick up some medicine and came home with a Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie. when he came in the door I could tell by the look on his face that he had brought something home that he shouldn't have . we've both been trying pretty hard to do better on our diets lately. so after supper we both had a small piece and he said, "honey, I won't be buying another one. it was ok but Patti LaBelle's got nothin' on your sweet potato pie!" Smiley Happy

@JustJazzmom, happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip.

@SleeplessinSD, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for your sister. I hope she'll be better very soon. hope you are rested now feeling better ( and not getting sick too).

@LTT1, I had to laugh at your post below. it's 90 degrees here too and I am so tired of this heat. I've been busy cleaning out my closet and listing things to sell on eBay. is your DH still listing things too?

@snardy, still raining? I love to read on a rainy day too. hope you are feeling well these days.

@katte, either I've overlooked a post from you, or you haven't been here for a couple of days. hope you are doing ok.

@RetRN, cherry streudel? cherry jam? chocolates with cherries? you made me drool a little bit Smiley Happy

@catwhisperer, I'm sending good thoughts your way and hoping things are less stressful for you.

@Hayfield, I've been enjoying your pics on FB so I know y'all are having a good time in NYC.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just stopping in before I go to bed. I didn't sleep well last night so I am tired. 

Hoping you all had a pleasant, restful Sunday. 

SleeplessinSD, I'm 🙏🏻 that your sister's test is fine. I know you will keep us posted. Thinking of you,

Catwhisperer, I hope you had a good day. Take care. 

Thinking of everyone else. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle...I don't eat many sweets, but did buy a Patti Labelle peach cobbler at WM a few months ago and it was quite good.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.