Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

[ Edited ]

we've been car shopping. my car is 13 years old. it's a 2004 and we bought it in 2007, so I've been driving it for 10 years. it's been an extremely good car but now little things are beginning to happen to it and DH says we need to go ahead and get another car. both of our vehicles have been paid off for several years and it's going to be a little bit of a bitter pill to swallow having a car note again. we've already been preapproved at our credit union and I know what I want. we're not buying a brand new car, but we'll get one that's 1-3 years old.

@snardy, you mentioned that you're growing your gray out. is this your first time to do that? do you have a lot of gray? one more week and I will officially be at 6 months. this time I'm going to stay on course. I tried once before and colored again after 4 months. the funny thing is I have quite a lot of light silvery gray right in the front where I part my hair but the back of my head is pretty dark gray. I can lift my hair and see a lot of light gray underneath the top layers on the sides. I'm not sure why it's more silver-gray underneath but not on the top layers. there's no telling how many different colors I'll end up with. it's an interesting process, that's for sure. good luck with yours.

@Hayfield@catwhisperer and @JustJazzmom, I can't even imagine how people afford those kind of rent payments. young people must make a whole lot more money now than I did in my 20's and 30's.

@katte, I'm sure HR at the hospital would be very happy to have you back but you need to do exactly what you're doing right now. rest and take extra good care of yourself. I'm glad to see you're feeling better.

@LTT1, we had a pretty good thunderstorm this evening and it seems to have cooled down a degree or two. I hope you've cooled down a little too.

hi to @SleeplessinSD, Fancy and all our friends.

here's a Mississippi River bridge sunset at Vicksburg.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, bridge, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle....how many miles do you have on the car? Our car is 19 yrs. old, but only has 133,000 miles on it. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@MariotaMurielle....how many miles do you have on the car? Our car is 19 yrs. old, but only has 133,000 miles on it. 

134,000 miles. the car I'm getting is is very similar. it's fun to drive and I've really enjoyed it. like DH said, this may be the last vehicle we buy so we might as well get one I know I'll like driving and will last a very long time.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hi thinking of you all and hoping you are well.

Will be back tomorrow... ~loves

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Testing testing testing 😳. My computer has died. Trying to see if I can post from my phone
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm such a dummy. I forgot all about the iPad. I never use it because I find it hard to navigate. DH is the iPad user in this house 😏. So, I was able to access my Yahoo notebook where I have most of my passwords stored. The adventure continues. I miss my dearly departed MacBook Pro already.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI EVERYONE!!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Yesterday was hot & humid and then we had a rain storm in the afternoon and everyone got wet.  I'm off today and DH & I have already gotten back from our 5  mile walk around the lake.  I'm just resting today and doing a few things around the house.  I'm working tomorrow, again, for a friend.

Mochahoney--We have two cars, both Camrys, a 2007 and a 2011.  We're going to try to do with buying a new car for as long as possible.  I would like our next car to be a small SUV, like a Rava, but we'll see.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle I Pads use Safari as their operating system and can store passwords there too. Go to settings icon and tap. Scroll down on left side to Safari, Tap on that & see Passwords on right. You may need to enter your code or fingerprint ID to see your passwords.  You can enter all websites you visit and enter passwords there too or edit anything there.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

So glad you can still post!

New car! New computer! Girl, you are getting fixed up big time! 

I have not turned on my laptop in ages and hope I won't need to lol. The OS is Windows 7. (Love this OS)

Reading updates to OS this new 10.3.3 (which I use on my phone and iPad) is predicted to be the LAST OS 10.

So when the iPhone 8 comes out in the fall (and will require OS 11) the tech report I read said lots of devices will be obsolete 😡 My iPad is looking like a dinosaur! I WILL NOT TRY TO UPDATE IT FOR AWHILE I WILL UPDATE MY PHONE ONLY UNTIL I'M SURE 10.3.3 WON'T CRASH MY IPAD.

That was how I lost my last iPhone (5).

When I woke up in the wee hours, I could hear lots of wind outside. We must have had rain because everything was still wet this morning.

We have decided to stay in PA most of August -- YAY I can't wait to get to be up there for a longer visit. More about why later!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~