Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@katte

That IS very young and of concern for heart problems to begin at such a young age. Heart disease runs in our family, so I guess we all need to care for our hearts in the best way. I hope DSs friend recovers quickly and gets to come home from the hospital soon.  

All of you have green thumbs!

@Hayfield

The house was on our news last night! I wish I had seen you!

@SleeplessinSD

Jammies and TC movies yesterday? Sounds good! Hope you kick the crud soon and get some sunshine out there! I will be thinking good thoughts that your brother is able to get the roof repaired -- my goodness!❤

@snardy

Our weather has been relatively stable. It will be in the 80's this week. Right now we have sunshine, too!

@MariotaMurielle

The daffodil 🌼 is beautiful!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle@katte@SleeplessinSD@snardy@JustJazzmom

and our other friends here

IMG_7463.JPGSmile tennies tuesday red.jpg

🌼🌞🎶

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Hello Everyone:

It's been a while, but the ladies here are always on my mind even though I do not post often.

I haven't read through the posts, but I do hope each and everyone of you is doing well.  The time just seems to fly by (which is really no excuse for not stopping in sooner).  Still trying to get used to doing everything alone, but I manage. I have learned to be strong and that helps especially when dealing with people who seem to have a difficult time dealing with a woman.  Yup, there are still some of "those" around LOL!. 

I am a little late, but I do want to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year filled with only good things.

Please do take care, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

@shorelady, thank you for stopping by, it is nice to know that you are getting along well. It takes time to adjust to the changes life throws at us, but I know you are stronger than you ever thought.

@SleeplessinSD, I hope your weather stays calm and that you are doing well.

@MariotaMurielle, I am so tempted to go buy myself a bouquet. That daffodil said "spring"  to me.

Hope  you are all enjoying your day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Hi - My DS called me today to let me know how is friend was doing and he said he was going home today, but he definitely did have a heart attack at 45 years old. Much too young.  Although my DS did tell me that his friend has diabetes and people that have diabetes are much more prone to heart attacks according to the nurses he spoke with at the hospital.  I didn't know that.  One thing that was disturbing was that this ER that his friend went to let him wait almost 8 hours before aggressive treatment. Unbelievable!!  They took three EKGs and finally a doctor stepped in and saw his third EKG which was bad and immediately got a surgical team together and rushed him into surgery for a stent placement.  ERs scare me, but I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. today has been housework catch-up day for me. I did a lot of vacuuming and dusting. I took all the cushions off the couches vacuumed and rotated them. decluttered shelves and tabletops. reorganized and got rid of dozens of magazines and paperwork.

@katte, having diabetes puts a person at greater risk for a lot of issues, including stroke, heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and amputations. when I was working (in a clinic for people with kidney disease) about 70% of our patients were diabetics.

@SleeplessinSD, the news about the weather in California is still not good. I hope your brother has found someone to help him with his roof, and you & the rest of your family are ok. did you decide to work today? hope you're feeling better.

@shorelady,it was a nice surprise to see you here today. I think about you often really hope you are doing ok.

@katte, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and pray for a good outcome on your Heart tests.

time for supper...DH's delicious spaghetti.

BBL.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Evening Ladies!  Well, we broke records yesterday, we had, drum roll please. . . . . . .22,170 guests on the estate yesterday!  It was a sea of people all day.  The weather was just gorgeous and I think it was in the 70's by mid-afternoon.  I didn't get home until about 7:30, a very long day but we had fun.   Tomorrow GW's actual birthday is another "free day" but since it's a work day and a school day, it shouldn't be as crowded.  It's not my day to work, so I'll find out on Thursday how many came for GW's 285th birthday!!!!  I was off the weekend and we just stayed home on Saturday and went to a winery and dinner on Sunday, I was getting ready for Monday and taking it easy, glad I did!!!  Today, I didn't go to the gym, just slept in but I took a nice long walk in the afternoon.  I've read the posts and it seems like everyone has been busy.  I'll comment on another post, don't want to make this one too long.

Respected Contributor

Martie Hugs--OMG!  Your friend's inital's are L.H., aren't they?  I'm a big L&O fan!  She's such a good actress and I've enjoyed her in all the L&O shows.  We have someone at work who has done some acting over the years, nothing major but I guess he's a member of the academy too and he gets the movies too and lets some of the co-workers see them.  That's so cool!  

Katte--I have my mother's wedding ring, it's a very thin band with diamond chips and I wear it a lot.  I also have my grandmother's engagement & wedding ring too.  It's nice to have them, very special.  Good Luck tomorrow for your test!  Good thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

Justjazzmom--Congratulations on your award!  Very well deserved.  The gingerbread sounds wonderful.  I've never seen a 3 cup pan, where did you get it?  That size would be perfect for us.  

Mochahoney--I would've been scared out of my wits if I saw DH on the ground.  You are very sweet to make the chicken pot pies for your niece and friend.  I tri-color corgi looks like the gremlin from the movie, The Gremlins, that's why she wanted a tri-color one.  Go figure!

Helen47--Did you get the wine yet?  I do hope your DB finds a roofer, it has to be difficult though with all the damage that many people must have.  

JJM & Helen47-- We have pine tress that they call scrub pine trees because they are very tall, skinny with the needles all at the top, they look like a q-tip.  They have very shallow roots and tend to fall down a lot once they get bigger.  I know because the back of our lot has a ton of them and they have been falling down for years and we have been removing the ones near our house and our neighbors for years, very costly.  I think we've spent over $10,000 since we've lived here in 1987.  We take a few down every year and every once in a while we have the ones that have fallen down on their own, removed.  I thought when we bought this house with the wooded lot it would be easy maintenance, no so!!!!!

Lovestoteach--Thanks so much for the updates on your DBIL's.  It must be so difficult.  How is your DH holding up?  Weren't you planning a trip to PA to see the grandkids?  

Shorelady & RetRN--So nice for you both to check in!  You are missed!

Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Thank you.  Your spaghetti sounds yummy!

Trusted Contributor

@Hayfield  Wow, that's a lot of visitors in one day.  Thank you for the well wishes.  I'll be glad to get the test over with. Smiley Happy