Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

12528A93-F14B-4B47-9530-5D22243A65C8.jpeg

@katte

Bless your heart! 

Please feel better soon☹️

@SleeplessinSD

I am missing our “regulars” too! Thinking of 

@MariotaMurielle

and @catwhisperer

Today I have been dealing with DD being lost in Pittsburgh! She did finally make it to her appt!

Yesterday the issue was the temperature on their road trip back from relatives...it was -10 in IA and they did lose some time due to snowy highway on their way home. Do moms ever stop worrying?♥️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Loves, no! Mothers never stop worrying! My sons are 50 and I still worry about them. 

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good Night Everyone....(this is one of my favorite pics I’ve posted before). My sister decided to drive out in the morning. She’ll be here for the weekend, so I’m not sure when I’ll be back. I do hope to hear from friends not posting and missed. I love our forum/thread and hope it continues....❤️

C9A4C009-5707-4018-BAA8-5728FC17EB18.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

dear friends, I wanted to add a quick update. DD has completed a 3 day round of high dose steroids but so far, there has been no improvement. her speech is slurred, her right hand and leg are weak. it breaks my heart to see her struggle.

I am praying nonstop for a remission. please continue to pray for her. I still don't have myself together very well, although I try my best to fake it when I'm with her.

I have no energy to read the posts or address everyone individually but please know that you all all in my thoughts.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, busy with DS here.  It's been soooooo cold here!  A friend of DS's had her first baby, a boy,  on Xmas day and a dear friends of ours became grandparents for the first time, a girl, the day after Xmas.  They usually spend New Year's Day with us but are in North Carolina with her daughter.  I'm hosting again this year on New Year's day, they'll be 8 of us.  

Katte--I'm so sorry that you were in the hospital over Xmas and I forgot to tell you "Happy Birthday"!  I hope you're feeling a little better every day!

Lovestoteach--Yes, we always worry about our children.  

Justjazzmom--Enjoy your visit with DS & DDIL!

SISD--Enjoy your visit with your DS!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte wrote:

HI EVERYONE

Stopping by to thank everyone for the "well wishes".  I am feeling a little better today, just very weak yet.  This will be  much needed "rest" day.  Smiley Happy

@katte, hope you are feeling stronger today.

I have been on Warfarin for over 15 years for a blood clotting disorder (lupus anticoagulant) and it is difficult. Watching my diet, trying to keep INR in range of 2.5-3.5 has been a challenge. I am so glad you will no longer have to deal with this. I was on Bactrim in Oct. and Azithromycin in Nov. which meant more lab draws. 

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, you and DD will remain in my thoughts and prayers. So many people dealing with health issues, it breaks my heart. People should never take their health for granted as it is the greatest blessing. Just know that we all care about you and want to be supportive of what you are dealing with.  

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@katte wrote:

HI EVERYONE

Stopping by to thank everyone for the "well wishes".  I am feeling a little better today, just very weak yet.  This will be  much needed "rest" day.  Smiley Happy

@katte, hope you are feeling stronger today.

I have been on Warfarin for over 15 years for a blood clotting disorder (lupus anticoagulant) and it is difficult. Watching my diet, trying to keep INR in range of 2.5-3.5 has been a challenge. I am so glad you will no longer have to deal with this. I was on Bactrim in Oct. and Azithromycin in Nov. which meant more lab draws. 

I am feeling a little better with each passing day.  I started taking Warfarin in 2006 when I developed AFIB.  I am looking forward to changing to Eliquis. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Good morning friends,

I’ve been hearing about the cold weather in the East. Hayfield, keep warm! It’s nice here, but it will get cold with snow on New Years Eve. I had my party last night for my girlfriends and it was fun. I think now that it’s over, I will start taking down my decorations. I’m not sure when DH wants to take down the tree. I love my decorations, but I always like having the house back to normal. I’ve noticed the stores are putting out their Valentines Day decor. I don’t decorate for Valentines. Do any of you?

SleeplessinSD,  I know you will enjoy your visit with your sister. Do you have plans for New Years? We are going to our son’s house New Years Eve during the day. No plans for New Years Day. Will probably continue to declutter! I love this forum too and look forward to it everyday. It will continue even if it’s just you and me! 😊  Happy New Year, friend!!! 💜

Katte, thinking of you and hope you are feeling better. Take care. 

Mochahoney, I’m so sorry to hear your DD isn’t doing well. As a mother, I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. 🙏🏻 for you. 

Hayfield, good to hear from you. 

I think I’m going to have a low-key day. I will probably read. 

Hello to Loves, JJM, RetRN, and Catwhisperer and everyone else. To all our friends who are struggling with health issues or have family members who are, blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle@RetRN@katte

@SleeplessinSD@snardy@Hayfield

DD42B446-5B97-405B-884B-5BB1F070C8D1.gif

To those suffering ring with long-term illness...sending this with loving hearts and thoughts for the trials you are facing.

This may not be the right time or place, but I wanted to update you on our friend’s daughter who was tentatively diagnosed with CIPD (myelin sheath degenerative)...she made a video for Christmas. She is having progress because of plasmaphoresis. It is removing the auto antibodies which are attacking her nerves. Her mom credits the hospital here (UT Southwestern) for her daughter’s improvement.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~