Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Gif

💙💙💙💙💙💙

for SPAMMOM

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield

Thank you for that quote💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Many years ago, Spammom sent me a beautiful birthday gift which I have always treasured. It was an angel with wings holding a kitty. I remember crying when I opened the package. The statue has stayed on my night stand ever since, and will always remain there. As I held the statue last night and thought of her, I cried. Smiley Sad She suffered through a lot of pain over the years. May she now rest in peace.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@RetRN...you are in my thoughts and I hope your hand is healing and you have no permanent damage.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New year, but it just doesn't seem appropriate at this time. So, for those who are dealing with pain, suffering and/or sadness, my wish for you is strength, hope, and peace.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello friends. my DD went back to work on Tuesday, the day after she received the diagnosis. I don't think I would have been able to gather the emotional or mental strength to do that. but she said it made her feel better to be busy and back with her "team", rather than sitting at home. she is still having a little weakness in her hand and leg but not enough to keep her from driving or doing her job. she will go next week for steroid infusions and is supposed to be scheduled to start OT for her hand and leg weakness.

DH and I went over to a neighbors house tonight. she has had MS for 14 years. she is an RN and works full time.  I called and asked if she could give us some insight as to what was happening and what we might expect in the future. her initial symptoms were different than my DD's but like with our DD, the diagnosis seemed to come completely out of nowhere so she understands our shock and disbelief. it was encouraging as she explained that there has been great progress in the treatment of MS over the last decade. since she started treatment she has been essentially symptom free, with the exception of being easily fatigued. he is a minister and they prayed with us and will add DD to their prayer list at church. although I am still brought to tears when I talk about it and still feel so stunned that this is happening, it is reassuring to know that current treatment is so effective for so many people with this diagnosis.

I am sad about the news of Spammom's death, but I know that she had suffered so much over the last several years. at least she had the joy of the birth of her grandchild. she was a very sweet person.

DH and I are going to our DD's on Sunday just for the day and they will have Christmas morning at their own place and then go to his parents house that afternoon.

even though I'm still not in any frame of mind to come here daily, I want y'all to know that your very kind words and your prayers have really meant so much to me. I guess I'm not a tough as I thought, and just need a little more time before I can feel like anything even resembles normalcy anymore.

wishing everyone peace and joy. I am grateful for your friendship.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle....I think you are stronger than you think you are. Your DD is to be commended for going back to work and trying to resume as normal a life as possible. Good for you for getting out and talking with your neighbor. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Just for info, naughty kitty will be getting coal in his stocking again this year as usual. Bad, bad kitty. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, your post brought me to tears, again, about the gift Spammom sent you. Such a beautiful memory. She was very thoughtful, always including a little something when she wrote me; a refrigerator magnet, a book mark with sweet sayings, lovely pictures of her and her family.  My mind is having a hard time accepting she’s gone. It’s so good to hear from you. Merry Christmas to you and your DH...🎄🎁❤️

@LTT1, thank you for that beautiful picture! I know Spammom was a special friend to you..

@RetRN, I agree..Spammom and Cindy were both lovely people. I hope you’re feeling better...🙏

@Hayfield, thank you for the quote. That is a friend indeed. I’m anxious to hear about your trip and all that you’re up to.  So nice of you to work for your friend.

@katte@snardy, thank you for your thoughtful words. Katte’s right. We all eventually become like family members here. When one of us hurts, we all do. And, it’s so hard when we lose one..❤️😢

Waving hi hi to everyone I missed. Special thoughts and prayers to all our friends going through difficult times. May God bless us all🙏❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD...thank you. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. We are doing okay. I hope you are feeling better by now.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, I know I’ve posted this before, but I think of you and your “naughty” kitty when I see it...😊

35E77FB9-37F1-42BB-957C-48218F9E5900.jpeg

~H~