Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@JustJazzmom  Your cookies sound really good!  I'm making snickerdoodles sometime today. Smiley Happy  It is a cold, wintery day here today. It's only 39 degrees right now and we have had some rain.  It looks like it is snowing up in the mountains.

Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

@JustJazzmom  Your cookies sound really good!  I'm making snickerdoodles sometime today. Smiley Happy  It is a cold, wintery day here today. It's only 39 degrees right now and we have had some rain.  It looks like it is snowing up in the mountains.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25396122_10156216618139396_3526115868800883705_n.jpg?o...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

2E21B229-4899-45BF-AD78-8384CA5A0341.jpegWishing everyone a pleasant Sunday.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I’m hoping you all are having a pleasant Sunday. It’s cold here, but no snow. Wish it would. It is so dry now. It’s supposed to be cold on Christmas but no snow predicted. 😕

To those baking-good for you! I was going to bake today but my feet hurt too badly for me to stand up for any length of time. Maybe tomorrow. A couple of kiddos would come in handy!  

Loves, that’s a beautiful wreath!

SleeplessinSD, I hope your family party was fun. You’ll have to tell us all about it. I hope you are feeling well. 

Sending good thoughts to Mochahoney, RetRN, and Catwhisperer. Thinking of everyone else. Have a nice evening. Take care all. Blessings! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI EVERYONE!

It has been a cold and rainy day today.  We got snow on the mountains and more snow and rain tomorrow.  I think the highest it got today was 45.  I made my snickerdoodles today and they turned out good.  I hadn't made those in a long time.  I've been baking on and off the past couple of weeks and freezing what I have baked.  I plan to take a "care package" to DS and DD when we go down to Yuma for Christmas. Smiley Happy 

Wishing everyone a nice evening.  Everyone stay warm!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening Friends~

We got home a little bit ago. Our gathering at my brother’s was a great time. Chaotic, but fun. Seems like it gets bigger every year. I have five brothers and sisters. Our children were there and their children’s children. The ones not married brought friends or significant others. My brother has a big house. Still, the house was full and so was their back yard. Thank goodness the weather was nice. We ate a lot, visited and the men ended up playing cards. We stayed overnight at my sister’s, so I got little sleep last night too. I’m really hoping to catch up with that tonight. Wish me luck!

@snardy, I’m sorry your feet were hurting too much to stand. I know you have a busy week planned, so hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I’m glad your DH is there to help you. Mine is too. I agree, what would we do without them! Seems like I’m always saying I’m tired, but this is such a busy time, and every time I think I’m caught up, I remember something else to do, lol! I do love Christmas, but I’ll be glad when it’s over. Feel better, friend, and take good care.💕

@LTT1, any snow? Our nights really cool off, but the days are in the high 60’s low 70’s...

@JustJazzmom, thanks for the link...your cookies look delicious! I like anise flavor. Your wreath turned out great too!

@Hayfield, how nice you’ll have friends moving to the same neighborhood..yes, it’s a great idea to get the “men” to know each other better too. Do you work this week?

Waving Hi to Everyone! Have a great rest of the evening!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good morning! Rain came through overnight & a lot of snow on the grass has melted away. We are warming up today & tomorrow into high 40’ & low 50’s.  

I need to get to grocery store for some ingredients for Chicken Paprikash. I need the mushrooms & sour cream. I will fold laundry from yesterday & separate more eggs to make my chocolate meringues with semi- sweet mini  morsels inside them. I may decide to do them as mocha meringues by adding melted in the vanilla extract some instant coffee. 

Here are some of yesterday’s meringues on a plate: I think I stood in the light. They are bright white.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25398671_10156217657259396_206255531708497956_n.jpg?oh...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

The weather forecasters are “hinting” that snow for Christmas Day cannot be ruled out! HAHA LOL!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

hello friends. I'm just stopping in for a moment. I don't have the emotional energy for more.

I went with my daughter to her first follow up appointment with her neurologist today. the news was not good. she has been diagnosed with MS. it completely floored us all to hear those words. I guess we had convinced ourselves that it was going to be something much less serious.

we are all stunned, and at this point we are still in disbelief that this could really be happening to her. I think she and I feel the same way. we are angry, we are sad, and we are shocked.

as her mother I am reeling at the thought that there is nothing I can do to stop this from happening, or to make it go away.

I have not read your posts but I know you are sending your prayers and support. I deeply appreciate those thoughts and prayers. please continue. we need them.

I am out of words. I can't really describe how heartbroken I am.

please remember my daughter in your prayers.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, my heart is hurting for you. We are here for you. Always. May God bless you and your family.🙏❤️

4EF527EE-E686-40C7-8ED5-64B77277D7B2.gif

~H~