Valued Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Good evening all,

A beautiful weekend here. Temperatures in the 60s. It’s supposed to be a nice week too. We need snow so badly. It’s very dry.  

Auntg, please tell RetRN that we are thinking of her and hope that her hand gets better soon. It was nice of you to take her to the ER. 

SleeplessinSD, so glad you are feeling better. A Christmas Day dinner cruise sounds so nice. I think it’s good to do something different once in awhile. I’m glad you’re not hosting since you haven’t been feeling well. It’s a lot of work to put on a dinner party!

Take care and continue to feel better, friend. 

I hope you all had a restful weekend. Wishing the week ahead brings you lots of happy moments. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@LTT1 No she doesn’t. I know who she is though. Are you on FB @LTT1

@JustJazzmom, I don't know who you are Smiley Happy

send me a friend request, if you want...then I can send you a "friend suggestion" for @LTT1

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends. we just got back from the coast a little while ago. @SleeplessinSD, it's 167 miles from here to Biloxi, about a 3 1/2hr drive. if I remember right, your son was stationed at Keesler Air Force Base? it was a beautiful weekend and until we actually reached the coast, the traffic wasn't bad at all. we're so excited and proud of our SIL completing his first marathon. he worked so hard preparing for this. it was FREEZING cold (33 degrees when the marathon started) and he had some problems with cramping about half way through, but he didn't stop. he persevered and finish the marathon. of course, he's exhausted, but so happy that he did it.

DH hasn't felt well all day. he's either getting some sort of virus, or the food he ate on the trip is causing him some issues. I'm fine, so I'm thinking he's getting a virus.

neither one of us slept well in the hotel. it was a very nice place and the room was good, but the bed was surprisingly uncomfortable and of course, you know all the noise in a hotel at night with people talking and slamming doors, etc.  he's already gone to bed and I won't be long behind him. I'm really tired.

@RetRN, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. rest and take care of that hand.

blessings to all.

I'm too tired to look for a good Mississippi sunset photo tonight, so instead, here's our new Christmas tree. no presents are wrapped yet, so under the tree is bare, but the tree is decorated and that will do for now.'have a peaceful evening y'all.

alopd98cS5aZECEzmOlCDQ.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Friend request sent @MariotaMurielle

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--I was up at 4:30 AM!  We're getting the bus to NYC around 7 this morning!  I'll be back on Wednesday.  Looking forward to the trip!

SISD--A dinner cruise for Xmas, wonderful!  In 2002 we went to NYC for Xmas and saw the Radio Music Xmas show that afternoon and had dinner in a lovely Italian restaurant.  The next year we went to the Bahmas and went on a boat that took us to a little island for dinner, it was neat.  The we started to pay for college, 8 years in a row between DS & DD, so no more Xmas trips!!!!  My mother passed away in 2001 in early December and that Xmas was a downer, so I wanted to make the next couple of Xmases different, and I did!!!!!

Katte--I have a Keurig but I got it free from a friend who supplys them to hotels, so it's the little one and I only use it once in a while since DH likes coffee and we make a pot of coffee every day.  If you get one look you can get a cappuccino mix that Gevalia makes, it comes with a pod and a little packet of powder for the froth.  You put the powder in the cup and make the coffee like you do with pod and after the water goes through the pod you just stir it and it's really good.  Them come 6 in a pack and it's expensive, like $8.99 for 6 but they usually have them on sale for $5.99 for 6 and that's when I buy them.  

Snardy--It sounds like you had a great time with our friend, glad you slept so well!

Mochahoney--Your tree is pretty!  I posted mine on FB.

Justjazzmom--Got my fudge made to take to NYC!  I'll get sosme baking done next week.  

Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Good Morning!  I love your tree!  Hope you and DH are feeling better today.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Hayfield  Enjoy NYC.  I envy you!!  I hope someday I can visit New York and take in the sites and see a Broadway play.  It's on my bucket listSmiley Happy  I did order my Keurig yesterday from QVC.  I'm looking forward to it.  I am not a coffee drinker (I used to drink coffee all the time, but stopped drinking it a long time ago).  I like hot tea, hot chocolate, and apple cider.  DH drinks coffee on a regular basis.  I plan to use it for soups also.

Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE!!

Just to let you know, DD finally got in to see an endocrinologist last week.  She doesn't need to take the radioactive pills for the thyroid cancer, thank goodness.  Although, he did confirm she had Stage I Thyroid cancer, but they got it all.  She told him she still wasn't feeling well and he determined she had no thyroid medicine in her system at all.  He increased her dosage to 250 mg from 75.  I talked to her yesterday and she said she felt so much better.  Hopefully, she is finally on the mend. 

@SleeplessinSD  I hope you are feeling a lot better.  That Harbor Dinner Cruise sounds so nice.  We have been on the regular harbor cruise in San Diego, but not the dinner cruise.  That was fun too!  I think I am all done with Christmas shopping.  We got all the gifts wrapped yesterday.  I'm starting to take a deep breath and relax a bit. Smiley Happy

@RetRN I hope you are feeling a lot better.  Thinking of you.

Hi to everyone that I may have missed.

WISHING EVERYONE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!!!!

Honored Contributor

@RetRN hope your hand is feeling better today.

@kattewhat wonderful news re: your DD’s diagnosis! What a great Christmas present that she is feeling better!

@Hayfield Enjoy your trip to NYC! Very little snow remains on paths unless it’s a northern exposure.

Got my 2 GF’s presents wrapped today. Bought each of them the Smashbox Cover Shot palettes — one is getting Soft Light & the other is getting Golden Hour. We meet for lunch tomorrow.

Must get laundry folded before I start another batch of cookies. A trip to supermarket is for today. Need more Confectioner’s sugar.

Have a great day everyone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I have stopped using a laptop computer. I only will use an iPad!

My technique of saving pictures is in a “cloud” type of storage.

I am on FB and I got the request thru messenger. We are now “friends.” (WELL, all of you have ALWAYS been my friends!

Hoping you will be able to view my postings/pictures! I think I will be able to view yours, but I’m not sure because I have never “friended” thru messenger. 

‘We shall see!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~