Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@SleeplessinSD The screen is in place and the storm window is on a 2nd track from the screen and there is a latch you release to raise it (there is a short handle on the window to raise it up or down). Most times the storm windows are extremely heavy so this is a fantastic update. 

Glad you got a better night’s sleep & that the window cleaners will return within 30 days if rain in forecast.

@snardy Decorating a tree for us is after Thanksgiving. I’m too busy doing cooking and getting my garden to bed here in November. 

Today I sprayed anti-desiccant liquid on my rhododendron, evergreen viburnums & mountain laurels. It was in the low 50’s so it was safe to do. I also wrapped the rhododendron in burlap and safety pinned the top so it is tented. We get cold winters here and snow. Not as much as those living near the Great Lakes, but we do get enough of it at times.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--I got the mancotti made, then I freezed it on cookie trays, so they wouldn't stick together, then bagged them and put them back in the freezer.  Today, we went to work out and we're still working on the 4th bedroom/office.  Last year they did  a Broadway show version of "Holiday Inn' and filmed it and I'm going to see it tonight with my friend.  It's a Fathom Event and is only playing in theatres today.  DS got me free tickets.  My friend and I will go out to dinner first.  

Snardy--They're not going to even start building the house until early April with projected completion next October.  We'll put our house on the market sometime in February and if it sells early, we'll move down to NC and get a short term rental.  This is a long and very difficult job and I'm not looking forward to moving twice, but it is what it is.  To try to get settlements at the same time would be near impossible, so we're not going to try.  

Lovestoteach--Not cooking Thanksgiving dinner is a good thing!  We're going to our neighbors, yeah!  I'm making a couple of side dishes and, of course, bringing wine!!!!  Xmas dinner is done and in the freezer, thank goodness!!!!!

Justjazzmom--Your new storm door sounds really neat!  Enjoy!  I know how busy you must be getting ready to feed your family, I know how much my one son eats and you have three!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

WOW that sounds like a great window washing company! They will come back if it rains!

@MariotaMurielle

We need to re-do our fence too! 

You are making “great strides” in the walking exercise!

@JustJazzmom

I cannot visualize the storm door! When living up north when i was growing up, in Indiana and Mich 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

our houses had the storm windows.

@Hayfield

Sounds like you have your act together! Frozen manicotti and wine ... I’m there! HAHA

@snardy

You must be looking so forward to Thanksgiving. Two DGDs and your sons!

@katte

Just know I’m thinking of you and yours ...

My hair stylist recommended Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving meal. Can I just say that they are busy and bustling there today when I called. Lots of confusion as my order of the “Family holiday meal to-go” was halfway through the order process before the helper today realized that the “holiday meal” would be picked up on the “holiday” —next Thursday not this evening! Oh dear!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have storm windows here too on our houses in NY.

Another busy day here— visited mall to get a new bathrobe for DH. It is that waffle material and is navy blue. It will be a Christmas gift.

Dinner has been assembled and just needs to be cooked — chicken breast with cream of mushroom soup & wine sauce. I will serve it with a rice pilaf.

Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I had a quiet day today. I picked up my new eye glasses and made chef salads for dinner. Tomorrow I am going to a huge craft show and to lunch with my dear friend. We usually go to at least 5 craft shows every year. Saturday, our DGD comes over to spend the night and then it’s time to get ready for Thanksgiving and house guests!!

JJM, I make my chicken and rice the same way you do. DH loves it. I know your garden must take a lot of time and attention. We used to have a screen door like you have. I loved it. 

Mochahoney, it’s great that you have your manicotti made! I know you and your friend will have a grand time at dinner and the play. My son and DIL had to move twice. They only unpacked the necessities at the second house. I’m hoping it will work out that you only have to move once! What is your new house like?

Loves, it will be nice to have the whole family together. I hope Cracker Barrel will have your dinner ready next Thursday!

Katte, keeping you and your DD in my thoughts. 

Hi to SleeplessinSD, Hayfield, RetRN, Catwhisperer and everyone else. Wishing you all a good evening and blessings!❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

it was a pretty quiet day here today. I didn't get to sleep until almost 5am, so you can imagine I didn't have much energy for anything other than basic functioning today. I did walk , but only managed 1 1/2 miles, then felt really exhausted. as soon as I finished walking I went to the nail salon for a pedicure. I was sweaty and I'm sure I looked like a hot mess when I walked in because one of the guys there asked me if I needed a bottle of water. he was so sweet and brought me some cold water and a paper towel to wipe my face. if I wasn't so grateful I would have been embarrassed Smiley Happy. it felt so good to sit in that chair for an hour and let someone pamper me a little bit.

DH had spaghetti cooked when I got home, so all I had to do is relax but I did walk another 1/2 mile on the rebounder. I'm pretty determined to get at least 2 miles in a day, one way or another.

@snardy, that was @Hayfieldwho made the manicotti. I wouldn't even know how to begin to make it Smiley Happy

I've been looking at recipes, getting ideas for Thanksgiving. I'll probably end up just making the traditional stuff, though. my family (especially DH) isn't much for trying new things for the holidays. I'll make Knorr's spinach dip (my daughter's favorite) to snack on before the meal. the usual turkey & dressing with giblet gravy, sweet potato casserole, butter beans and cranberry/orange relish. I'm planning on making sweet potato and pecan pies. this year I'm going to attempt to make my own pie dough because the prepared pie dough I have been using always ends up being tough and doesn't have a good flavor. I'll probably make an experimental pumpkin pie tomorrow just to try out the dough recipe, since no one in my family likes pumpkin pie except me, so if it's a disaster nobody else will be disappointed Smiley Happy

here's a Gulfport shrimp boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle The Knorr’s spinach dip sounds great! Do you put it inside some brown bread? I am making manicotti for Thanksgiving. I will probably make something for Thanksgiving everyday next week. I am finalizing menu this weekend. I have bought several items ahead of time and they are in my fridge now. Saturday I will get the turkey breast (serving for 6 people). 

@snardy I have been slowly winding down my garden based on the weather and whether perennials have gone or started to go dormant. Yesterday was a decent day to do the antidesiccant to evergreens with broad leaves. 

I still have to cut back about 8 Brunnera ‘Jack Frost’ and the ‘June’ & ‘Touch Of Class’ hostas & I am done! All garden signs, birdbaths & rain gauges have been removed to my garden shed. I am awaiting the arborist to come to prune some trees but that is a minor thing.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, omg, you were up until 5 AM this morning? I can’t imagine doing anything at all for the rest of the day if it was me. I’m glad you treated yourself to a pedicure. I agree, there’s nothing more relaxing. I hope you had one of those chairs that gives you a massage. Good for you getting your 2 mi. walk In and bless your DH for having dinner ready. I do hope you sleep better tonight!😴

@snardy, I love craft shows! Have a great time tomorrow and let us know what you find!

@JustJazzmom, I was watching the Dennis Basso show yesterday with DH. He had an initial robe that looked beautiful. I hope it is. We ordered one for a gift for our DIL for Christmas. Your dinner tonight sounds yummy!

@Hayfield, was the Broadway show playing local? Sounds like you had a fun evening planned. Let us know how you liked the show!

@LTT1, I’m glad you got your dinner for Thanksgiving straight. We don’t have a Cracker Barrel out here, I don’t think. From what I’ve heard, it’s a popular, busy place! I’m sure your food will be delicious!

We got our windows cleaned today. Between our clean carpets and windows, our house looks pretty darn good!😉 What a difference it makes. Next Tuesday we get our new toilet installed and new faucets in our downstairs bathroom. I know it’s crazy, but I’m excited. I hope everyone had a good day!❤️😊

Good Night!!🌙😴

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I slept from 5- 9am. I was extremely tired all day. tonight will definitely be a prescription-assisted night.  I'm seeing my PCP in December. we need to talk about this insomnia. when it first started and then became more frequent, I really thought it was something that would just go away in a couple of weeks. I've had insomnia before from time to time when I was working, but that was stress related. stress is not an issue anymore, so I can't imagine what my problem is. one thing I do know for sure, this is getting really old.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich