Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

it's been a quiet end to a beautiful day here. I'm meeting a friend for coffee in the morning and then I'll be doing a little window shopping, or maybe actual shopping if I see something good. J.Jill is offering 30% off any item when you bring a good-condition piece of women's clothing, which they donate to women's shelters. I'm taking 2 or 3 things to donate,whether I decide to buy anything or not.

@snardy, a repeat root canal? no!

blessings and kind thoughts to all our friends.

here's a Biloxi lighthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, twilight, cloud, ocean, tree and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone! I got home a bit ago. I was so tempted to call in and not go. I’m still recouping from our weekend. This is the last month before I take off for the holidays, though, so I decided to. It was busy, and time went by fast. DH ordered a pizza for us, so I didn’t have to worry about dinner. He’s up watching baseball playoffs, and I’m ready to watch the soaps I tape. I hope you all had a good day!

@snardy, We do have so much in common...I’m probably going to have to have my root canal redone too! After all I went through the first time and all those follow up appts., I am not one bit happy about it. I’ve been putting it off until I’m done with my eye issues, but I need to make an appt. at some point with my dentist. I’m just dreading what needs to be done.  It’s been so hot here. Enjoy your beautiful weather!😊

@MariotaMurielle, Im so glad your weather was nice enough for you to work outdoors and decorate your porch. I’ve been decorating a little here and there too. Such great news on your DH’s labs and weight loss. Amazing how little changes we do can make a big difference. I wish him continued good health, and I know how proud of him you are!

@catwhisperer, it made my heart happy to read your post. Thank heaven you can now breathe a sigh of relief and have some stress lifted. So long overdue! Ha! I think your landlord better watch out!

@katte, it slipped my mind your DD’s wedding was this weekend. I don’t blame you for not volunteering this week. Yes, Max was happy to see us. We leave him at a kennel that’s watched him for us since he was a baby. They love him, and he always looks happy when we leave him. Enjoy getting ready for the wedding. I’m sure it will be beautiful!

Waving Hi to Everyone! Have a great rest of the evening!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

We had a cool day today in the 50’s. Tomorrow should be warmer.

@MariotaMurielle Great news on DH’s blood work and weight loss!

@LTT1 Enjoy your visit with the DGC and parents.

@catwhisperer It’s great changing out old clothing! Glad things are better.

@SleeplessinSD welcome back. My DH was watching baseball playoffs too.

Tonight was NCIS to watch. 

Tomorrow is annual gyno exam — always lovely! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends. I had a fun visit over coffee with my friend, then went to a couple of stores.  I really did only look, didn't see anything I thought I needed. traffic on the interstate was ridiculous, even mid-morning. there's so much construction going on and it makes several areas really dangerous. 

one of the books I requested was in so I stopped by the library too. I've just started it but it's good so far. it's based on a true story of a village in England during the 1600's and what they did to survive when the plague was killing people by the hundreds of thousands all over the country.

@katte, just a few more days until your DD's wedding. what are you wearing? I remember when my DD got married, not being able to find the right dress was one of my biggest worries. but miraculously, I found one that I liked almost immediately.

@JustJazzmom, we like NCIS. personally, I just like looking at Mark Harmon Smiley Happy

@snardy, it's not long before your trip. are you ready? I imagine you're pretty excited.

hi to @SleeplessinSD@catwhisperer@LTT1@LTT1@Hayfield@RetRN  and all our friends.

here's a Pass Christian sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, twilight, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Night Everyone!😊❤️

361F5FF0-2B6E-4898-BCB1-BCBEC6CD58EF.jpeg

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Hi - I found a real pretty blouse at Dillards this week.  It's by Allison Daley.  It has a cream background with a gold and black print.  It will look real nice with my black slacks and shoes.  It didn't take me long to find it.  DH is so excited to walk her down the aisle.  We will leave Saturday morning and come back late Monday morning.  She and her DB live in the same city about five hours away. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having a great day until we received a large ambulance bill in the mail from over a year ago re: DH. I spent 1 1/2 hrs. on the phone and still do not have it resolved. DH said I did great on the phone. I did some yelling, but did not cuss anyone out.Cat LOL I will try again tomorrow to get it taken care of. I had another irritating medical issue to deal with yesterday and told the primary care clinic that they had some serious lack of communication issues. SMH. Cat Tongue

Edited to add, we have Medicare Adv. plans through United Health Care, and they have outstanding customer service. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, ugh! I hate dealing with medical bills/issues on the phone. Seems like it’s so hard to find someone to help or listen/understand, so frustrating! An hour and a half with no cussing? Ha! Good for you. I hope you have better luck tomorrow and get it straightened out. ! Other than that, I’m glad you had a good day.😊

@katte, your outfit for the wedding sounds so nice. I know you’ll look great! It’s touching, too, DH is excited to walk his DD down the aisle. I love weddings! Is it just family and close friends?

@MariotaMurielle, you always seem to find interesting books. This one is from a time period, I think you’ve read a few from before, right? Let us know what you think!

@JustJazzmom, Good luck with results on your exam yesterday... thank goodness, they’re few and far between!😊

DH was out with Max for a walk but is back, so I better go. I made chicken satay and rice for dinner, from tenderloins. It was an interesting day here, weather wise. It felt warm earlier, but now cooler with a nice breeze. It’s supposed to get hot again starting this weekend. Thinking of and waving Hi to Everyone! Enjoy the rest of the evening....😊❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD...it's supposed to start raining here between 2-3 A.M. I just finished bringing all my stuff inside from the balcony.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@SleeplessinSD...it's supposed to start raining here between 2-3 A.M. I just finished bringing all my stuff inside from the balcony.

@catwhisperer, I just heard that on the news. So, I guess starting Saturday, that means we’ll not only be hot here, but humid too! 😉

~H~