Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Hi everyone. I haven't visited the boards in about a week. I'm on stress overload. I have stopped going on FB and have pretty much cut off communication with most "friends" and relatives. 

It's funny how friends and relatives are so fast to call or email me when they have problems or they want something. They know we are struggling, but do they offer to help? No. All I get from them  is, "I'll pray for you". I only have one friend who has actually said, "What can I do to help?".

People are moving out of our complex one after another. We have some new neighbors, and I have already had my share of problems with them, as have other neighbors. One of them is selling drugs right outside in our parking lot. We have rats behind the bldg. Mgm't. has been notified, but apparently these things are not high on their priority list. The sound went out on DH's TV and we don't have the money to buy a new one. It's just one thing after another.

Katte...I hope you are continuing to feel a little better each day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @JustJazzmom.

Take care everyone!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, happy, happy birthday!

Image result for happy birthday images

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, you are dealing with so much, I can see why you are stressed. Who wouldn't be? I hope things get better, I know it is hard without good friends and family nearby who are willing to help. Many people nowadays have the "it's all about me" attitude. I am hoping that a different housing option will come along soon for you and DH.

@SleeplessinSD, I hope you are loving everyday of your cruise. What a beautiful trip.

@MariotaMurielle, what do you use all of those gorgeous tomatoes for? Do you make salsa, can them, or make tomato juice? I'm sure you enjoy some in salads. It is very kind of you to share them with friends and family.

@katte, I hope you are feeling better. Dealing with health issues is never easy and they seem to increase as we age. I know I need to work harder on diet, exercise, and getting better quality sleep. Yet, I'm going on a day triip tomorrow that includes cheese & curds, cupcakes, chocolate, coffee, cookies, caramel corn, and ice cream! Probably not such a good idea but i couldn't resist.

Hope everyone is having a good  day.

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  It was nice to hear from you, but sorry to hear you having been going through some difficult times.  Yes, it's interesting how family and "some friends" only contact you when they want something, never asking how you're doing and how they can help.  Sad to say that happens more than we want to admit.   I am sending warm thoughts to you that things get better real soon.  Yes, I am feeling better, but have decided not to go back to volunteering for about another month.  I just came back from HR at the hospital.  I stopped by to see everyone and to let them know I would be gone for a little while longer.  It was nice to see everyone.   Also, I hope problems at your apartment get resolved soon. 

Keep in touch. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield
Have a nice time at "The King and I" tonight!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends. DH and worked hard for a couple of hours doing some long neglected housekeeping chores in addition to routine things. those things I tend to procrastinate about, like getting down on the floors and cleaning baseboards and scrubbing grout lines on the tiles. DH did that while I cleaned ceiling fans, vacuumed, dusted, changed the linens in the guest room,etc. we'll go out to eat tomorrow night when DH's brother is visiting, so at least I won't be stressing over what to cook.

@catwhisperer, I wish I had some magic words to make you feel better about your situation, but I don't. I know things are tough and you are completely stressed out about it. all I can say is I admire your strength and hope that you can persevere.

@RetRN, we had rain on top of rain almost every day in June and I guess that may have been what caused such a plentiful bounty of tomatoes this summer. I only started having a garden after I retired 3 years ago and I had more tomatoes this year than I had in the last 3 years combined. since they started coming in I have had tomatoes for lunch and/or supper almost every day. these tomatoes have such a rich, bright taste that I really like to just cut them into wedges and drizzle a little of my homemade Comeback dressing and some salt & pepper on them and eat them like that. but I've also enjoyed them in more salads than I can count and sandwiches. I've given away pounds and pounds too and I'm happy I could do that.

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all our friends.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, twilight, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Happy Birthday!

IMG_1405.JPG

Honored Contributor

CDC15BEE-C76D-4FAD-9D52-A1F452D92CD1-11796-00000AF903D853D0.jpeg

@catwhisperer

This little (((hug))) is because I am thinking of you and sending you thoughts of strength and care.

I hope some letup is received by you for your trials. You have so much on your plate. ❤️❤️❤️🌹

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD  Stopping by to wish you  a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful day!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD Happy birthday!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼