Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

WISHING EVERYONE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Honored Contributor

@katte
Now I'm craving tacos... maybe tonight?
My friend's place is situated very close to the Goodwin fire. Those fires are so scary.
Glad to know you are feeling well but going slowly.
It is about time for another nap.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Mexican food is my favorite.  I know what you mean about a nap. When I came back from town yesterday I flopped in my lounge chair and dozed on and off during the Young and the Restless!!  Yes, we have some nasty fires going on in Arizona. The worse one going on right now is up around Prescott.  Hope you are feeling a little better. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well, I decided to try the new Chicky Faye today, just to see how we liked it. I placed my order to go. I ordered 4 chicken strips, waffle fries, and a side salad. The chicken strips were very good. The salad was very fresh. The fries were cold. They did not give me the salad dressing I asked for. No take out menus. No senior discount. I think they were over priced for what I got, so I doubt that I will be going back. DH was not impressed either.

As soon as I got home, DH says, "Your cat bit me!". He proceeded to show me three teeth marks on his arm. (When they are bad, they are MY cats). Anyway, my female kitty let him have it. I think she got mad because I left, although I was only gone 20 minutes. She has done that before.

I went to Walmart and the grocery store at 7:30 this morning, came home, and did a load of laundry. It's now hot out, so I am in for the rest of the day. Cat Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

whewww, it's been a long day.

edited to shorten my original whiny post. it was way too much whining and complaining, and I didn't mean to go on such a huge rant. so, here's the shortened and less complain-y version Smiley Happy :

DH's appointment with the new neurosurgeon was today. he did a pretty thorough physical exam and asked a lot of questions, much more thorough than the last doctor.  he said he thinks DH definitely needs surgery but DH's last MRI is too old so now we have to wait for them to schedule a MRI, then a followup to plan the surgery.

after that we went to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant and just got home. so we are both pretty tired.

tomorrow I think I'll go for a pedicure and manicure. I usually do my own fingernails but my cuticles are atrocious and need some expert attention. I won't forget to epilate my legs this time Smiley Happy

I tried to get a good pic of the babies while the mom was out of the nest this morning. it's not great, but you can see some of them pretty well.

No automatic alt text available.

@catwhisperer, around here, the staff at Chick Fil A would have done everything they could to make your order right. too bad they apparently don't have that service attitude there.

hope everyone is doing well.

here's a huge tanker passing by Horn Island in the Mississippi gulf sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, water and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle....wow, sounds like you have had a long day. I LOVE Chinese food. Hope you sleep well tonight.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone! I need to go to the dentist today. I'm having a root canal (ugh!), so thought I'd stop in now, since I'm not sure how I'll be feeling later. Looks like weather wise, it will be cooler here. It's nice right now. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy day.😊

@MariotaMurielle, wow, I can't imagine waiting for my appointment as long as you did yesterday. Talk about over booking. Sounds like your doctor was worth the wait, though, spending time with you and giving a good exam of your DH. I hope this is the beginning of things progressing better for him to have surgery/treatment for relief from his back pain. Good luck....

@catwhisperer, although we don't go often, the Chick Fil A near us offers great service too. Maybe because yours is new (I thought you mentioned that)? Still, no excuse for cold food or not filling your order right. Your poor DH. I have a friend whose cat has a temper too and destroys things when she leaves the house. Sometimes, she has to lock it up! Lol! 

@LTT1, How are you and the "family" feeling? Better, I hope!

@Hayfield, PT is hard, especially at the beginning. I couldn't even bend my knee after surgery. As it went, it was easier. At home exercises are important, I remember. I haven't started packing anything yet for our cruise. I've been buying a few things to take though. We'll be gone 10 days, I think. We're excited!

@snardy, have you left San Diego? Can't wait to hear the places you visited. I hope you had a great time. Wishing you and DH a safe trip home, friend!

waving Hi to Everyone!❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

I just got home from my eye checkup so eyes are not normal yet --- my excuse if there are typos!

@SleeplessinSD

Would love to hear about your new pretty things for your cruise... EXCITING!!

Hoping your root canal goes smoothly!

All of us are better from the crud... DH is still a bit "cruddy!"

@MariotaMurielle

Beautiful picture of the boat and mammatus clouds at sunset. The little chirps are cute too!

What a long day you had! Good to know that the new doctor was very thorough.  

About our Chicky Faye visit... it was SO GREASY! The floor was coated --- oh ick. I was going to rate them on FB or Google then decided not to. I would especially not take my kids there. It is strange to me that this location got a great rating from others?  In Pittsburgh, this area is very "she-she." ???

@catwhisperer@katte@Hayfield@RetRN and all of our friends... waving hi and have a nice day. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I suppose Chick-Fil-A is no different than any other franchise. It depends on who is managing it and how well employees are trained. Yes, this one close to us just opened several days ago. They seemed unorganized, so maybe it will take them awhile to get it together. I felt sorry for the young cashier who waited on me. He looked to be about 16 yrs. old and was obviously in training. There were two female employees hovering over him, one on each side of him, watching every move. I could tell he was very nervous.

@SleeplessinSD...I hope all goes well for you at the dentist.

Respected Contributor

hi ladies and good afternoon.

it's been a crazy busy week s far, but i at least wanted to stop in and say hello.  monday i had two morning appointments and then lunch with my girlfriend.  tuesday we went to the beach for the first time this year (YAY !!!) and today we went to our favorite little lunch and learn.   tomorrow i have a ladies luncheon, and as always, my friday is full.  whew.   i think i need to call it a sick day some time soon.  

we don't have any great big plans for the 4th; the older we get, the more we just don't want to be in crazy crowds.  there were a lot of options for us as far as things to do, but nothing seemed to tickle our fancy.  bf's birthday is monday, and as far as i know we will go out for our regular burger thing with the group.   my guess is that on tuesday, we will stick close to home and do nothing remarkable.  fine with me!

hope you are all doing ok, and big, warm hugs and hellos all the way around! 

Heart