Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

I'd rather than going to "Care Now" ... you all know? The place that reads chest X-rays upside down and backwards? LOL

Really, dear little Lucas wants to snuggle and kiss -- he has ear tubes and his little nose constantly runs. This will probably be the last time with the "overly" closeness.

In Lexi's case, she has stopped being so physical (like wanting to crawl all over us) and she is healthier now. It will be nice to see Lucas stay healthier, too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good Early Evening! I'm stopping in a little early. We're meeting some friends we haven't seen in a while for an early dinner. Like @catwhisperer said, the weather today is pretty nice. I hope everyone's having a good day, so far...

@LTT1, I'm sorry to hear your trip ended with you getting sick. It's so easy to happen around little ones. Is it sinusitis? A doctor visit is probably in order...

@MariotaMurielle, hadn't posted about your pie picture. Is that a lemon meringue pie? Looks so good and that's my favorite. I can't believe it's 20 weeks since you got your last color already. My sister is completely silver now. So far, she's happy and not coloring again. I hope you stay safe with the bad weather predicted...

@katte, I'm glad your doctor visit went well and you're feeling better. Years ago, my MIL had a pacemaker, and even then they monitored it by phone. Pretty amazing! Take care and don't overdo!

@fancy pantsy, I don't know why I can't pull your name up when I type it. We have a Red Robin near us. They're always super busy and, yes, great food! Can't wait to hear your Sephora story... 

@Hayfield, I'm sorry, I haven't answered your question. We leave on our cruise July 15. It won't be long now! Are you back from New York? I'm sure it was a great time!

Waving Hi to Everyone! 😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

Hope those of you dealing with the excessive heat and storms get some relief soon.

I went on a day trip today, it was a river cruise and the weather was so comfortable I couldn't believe it. Sure was a nice way to relax.

@katte, I am so glad you are feeling better.

@catwhisperer, I hope those neighbors decide to move. The sooner, the better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN...I keep hoping they will move. Unfortunately, there is no management in this complex. It's a  free for all. I have been dealing this for over three years. They moved in before we did. The owner doesn't care as long as he gets his rent money. There was another incident in the parking lot this afternoon with some other tenants. We want to get out of here, but there is no place for us to go. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@RetRN  Hi - Your river cruise sounded so nice and relaxing!  When we were in San Diego last year he went on a two hour harbor cruise which was really nice.  We went on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas in 2012 for a week and visited some other ports and it was so nice.  I would like to go on another cruise sometime.

@catwhisperer What a shame you have such poor management where you live.  My DS used to live in an apartment a few years back and it was just as bad.  The management really didn't care about the goings on in his complex.  My DS finally moved and bought a house and he was so glad to get out of that situation.

@SleeplessinSD Your dinner with friends sounds really nice and so does the weather.  It sounds like a very nice and relaxing evening.

@LTT1 Sorry you are not feeling well.  Hope you get better real soon!!!!

@MariotaMurielle  You have had some nasty weather where you live.  I still get my hair highlighted twice a year.   Tomorrow I go and get mine cut. I'm so looking forward to it.  I'm a week overdo. Smiley Happy  I plan on getting a pedicure pretty soon.

@Hayfield  Your trip to NYC sounded so much fun.  That has always been a dream of mine.  It's definitely on my bucket list.  I hope your knees continue to improve and that they don't give you too much trouble.

@snardy  Hope you are doing well and are enjoying your garden.  Haven't heard from you in awhile. Smiley Happy

A special hello to anyone I may have missed.  Wishing you all a very pleasant evening!!

Esteemed Contributor

hey friends. today has been an odd mix of brilliant sunshine one minute and dark skies and winds the next. we still have a tornado watch going on but nothing has happened except on the coast, as far as I know.

I will be finished with my book (The Distant Hours) tomorrow or the next day and I've requested a hold on The Light Between Oceans. remember the movie that several of us watched last winter that was so good?

I had a salad of cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes from my garden tonight and it was scrumptious.

@catwhisperer, how miserable to have to deal with things like fighting, cursing neighbors. surely there is somewhere else y'all could go. no one should have to put up with that kind of mess.

hello to all our friends here and blessings to everyone.

here's a Bruce, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight, outdoor and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle.....we have no money to just up and move. Besides, why should WE move? They are the ones causing the problems, not us. I talked to DH and we decided that if anymore fighting goes on next door, we will call the police and the property managers. We will probably get threatened by the husband, but whatever.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Hi friends,

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. We have been busy with grandkids. Tomorrow we leave for San Diego with our granddaughter. She is going to follow us in her car. She is going to her internship at the university of California. After we get her settled there, we're going to spend a few days in San Diego. 

SleeplessinSD, we will be staying downtown.  Can you recommend any good Mexican restaurants or any great restaurant? Thanks. We might go to Peohe's but we love Mexican too. 

I'll try to catch up on everyone's posts and be in touch while we're gone. I hope everyone is well. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@snardy, Have fun in our town! I just heard the weather for tomorrow, and it should be real nice. As far as Mexican restaurants downtown, off hand, I can't think of one to recommend. You'll be close to Old Town, just a few miles, and that's where we usually go. Good luck! So good to hear from you!❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

@snardy...Old Town Mexican Cafe is excellent.