Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@SleeplessinSD.....the weather is pretty nasty, isn't it? Cold and rainy. I didn't care though. I had to get out of here for awhile today, so went over to the mall. I was very fortunate, it stopped raining right after I left home, and did not rain again until I got back home. Cat Surprised

It's been a stressful, rocky week around here. I have been getting out and walking some, but I think I would have to walk ten miles a day to keep my stress at bay. 

DH is doing pretty well, but has some dementia going on and gets verbally abusive at times. He doesn't want me talking to anyone, particularly men. He is suspicious of everyone. I get resentful and don't even want to be around him or do anything for him when he is like that.

Anyway, I treated myself to a new bottle of nail polish, a choker necklace, and lunch from Panera today. Cat Very Happy

I hope your headache goes away. The weather is supposed to clear up by tomorrow.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@katte@LTT1.....I hope you are both feeling better real soon.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  Hi - Sorry you're not feeling well.  It sounds like a few of us are "under the weather" today.   Take care.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  Thank you for the well wishes.  I find it very relaxing to have a "me day" from time to time.   Sounds like you had a nice time!   Sorry to hear DH is having problems with dementia.  I know this is very hard on you.  Take care....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I told my big boy kitty that next Sunday is Mother's Day, so he better do some serious shopping this week. I told him I expect a real nice gift for all the &*%# I have to put up with all year long from him. He woke me up at 1:30 this morning because he was scared of the pouring rain. I got up and held him in the recliner until he calmed down. 

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  Yes, our fur babies are pretty special.  It's  interesting how they look out for us and give us unconditional love each and everyday!

Honored Contributor

So, DH talked me in to going for a short drive to Starbucks just to get out of the house. Just as we turned the corner out of our neighborhood, a tree had fallen blocking the road. This happened last time it rained too. Boy, I guess the trees around here are all shallow rooted! Kind of scary! It felt good to get out, but I'm still not well. I'm back under my blanket!😊

@LTT1@katte, I hope you both feel better. Keep us posted. I'm probably coming down with something. I usually start with a headache. 

@catwhisperer, I'm sorry. Even though you know your DH is not himself, it doesn't make times like you're going through any easier. I'm glad you have your kitties near to make you happy...even the naughty one!

@JustJazzmom, I'll have to take another look and check those pants out. Good for you!

Heres a picture of the fallen tree...😳

IMG_0075.JPG

~H~
Honored Contributor

That looks like a large tree, I'm glad no one was injured or suffered property damage. Sounds like the weather has been interesting in parts of CA.

Hopefully things will improve soon.

Esteemed Contributor

wow, so many of you with a bug of some sort. hope everyone will be better soon.

@SleeplessinSD, that tree! I remember the one that fell just a few weeks ago. a falling tree is so scary because you never know when it's going to happen. be careful! I hope your headache is gone. I am looking forward to hearing about whether the Lessman PM will help you or not. I started off taking 2 caps about an hour before bed but after a few nights I went to one cap.

I'm watching a PBS show called Home Fires. I think it's been on for a while but I've just recently discovered it. it's about the lives of women in an English village during WW2.  it's not Downton Abbey, but it's very good. Smiley Happy

it was a beautiful sunny day here and I enjoyed a little tinkering in the garden. I saw a photo on FB that I posted on this week last year and I already had a garden full of lettuce then. but I planted about a month earlier last year. right now I just have tiny little leaves peeping through the soil, but it's a good start. I have a few flowers on my tomato plants. so far, so good.

sending blessings to all and hopes that everyone will be well soon.

here's an Eagle Lake, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, twilight, tree, outdoor, nature and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

We went out to eat at a local restaurant that part of it dates back to when the Quakers settled here. The food was good and we will probably return despite their limited menu. 

@catwhisperer Glad you had some 'me' time but sorry to read of your husband's continuing dementia. 

Hope those fighting illness are better tomorrow.

@SleeplessinSD, I ordered the Petite pants. I hope they coordinate well with the bluebell floral prints -- a S/S tunic A290933 and the Safari L/S floral print with tank A287619 in bluebell. 

Goodnight everyone!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼