Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Friday already--the weeks sure do fly by quickly. Not much new with me. I did go to the library and picked up 3 books. I got "The Shack", "The Things We do for Love", and "Big Little Lies". For me relaxation is reading a good book.

@MariotaMurielle, I'm glad your A/C repair has been taken care of. It is still pretty cool here.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

98C4FE13-76D1-4242-93AE-C5D4FEF5839A-25681-0000189356E50A01.jpeg

Happy Friday today!

@katte@snardy

DH has had only one bad episode of sciatica to the extreme that he could not walk. It resolved with migraine med that I had on hand at the time. 

So he was so uncomfortable three nights ago that I googled sciatica. Muscle relaxers, shots, levels of NSAIDS starting with ibuprofen/ heat and ice.

If his condition bothered him often, he might be willing to get help!

The condition can be aggravated by many things -- lifting/straining/sitting for prolonged periods (which is what causes his to act up)

@katte

So glad you are not in the midst of those fires.

@snardy

I'm excited for you getting to drive DGD to her internship in SD! What is her internship in?

@RetRN

Hi! Great to see you! Do you have any good books to recommend?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@MariotaMurielle

and anyone who might be interested

Lessman is on at HSN with specials and free shipping FYI

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good Late Morning Everyone!

DH is loading my car with my stuff. I'm driving out to my DS's house for a couple days. Our niece is having a shower tomorrow, so we'll go to that. I may drive back tomorrow evening. We'll see. I'll catch up on posts when I return. Until then, everyone have a great weekend!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday everyone

Just busy today -- morning meeting at Extension then a trip to HD & Lowe's to look at plants. Found a pot of Asiatic lilies -- 'Tiny Padhye' at Lowe's.

Need to add a few more to a small area in my yard. Photo is from the Internet.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

hi friends. it's been kind of a strange weather day here. yesterday was wonderful. cool and sunny and breezy. today has been like stepping into a steam room-wind tunnel. it was hot (87) and humid, with winds between 20-30 mph all day. we had some limbs blown down from the oak tree in the back yard. and the pollen count is back up. way up. so I only went outside long enough to water the gardens and then scooted back inside as quick as I could.

other than a little work around the house and some reading, I really didn't accomplish much today.

I hope everyone is doing well.

here's a Natchez, Mississippi river boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, bridge, twilight, night, ocean, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good morning everyone,

We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing and blowing hard. I covered my pansies because we had a hard frost. I hope they make it! Hopefully, this is our last snow of the season. 

SleeplessinSD, I hope you have a nice visit with DS. How was the shower?  

Loves, thanks for asking about our DGD. She is interning in chemical engineering. Needless to say, she is very bright.  We are very proud of her! How is your family doing?  Any idea when Brody can go home?

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon--Yesterday we went to the gym and then a local winery for lunch, so this weekend we're just sticking around the house doing some odds and ends.  We did take our 5 mile walk this morning since they said it was going to be in the 90's today and it is really hot, we had to turn on the A/C and luckily it's working!  I hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

Snardy--Snow, I can't believe you have snow!  It's in the 90's here and we had to turn the A/C on!  Your DGD is a very smart young lady if she's a chemical engineer.  My DH is a civil engineer and he said how hard that was.  He does not have any fond memories of college, he says he was poor and all he did was study.   It did give him a wonderful career though and he loved his job.  When will she graduate from college?  

Mochahoney--There are days I don't get much done either but it doesn't matter, there's always tomorrow!

SISD--I hope you have fun at DS's!  Is it a baby or a wedding shower?

Justjazzmom--It sounds like you're in "full swing" with gardening!  

Respected Contributor

@snardy, like @Hayfieldsaid, it's so strange to think of getting snow when it's so hot and steamy here. it was 87 and very humid today. my cousin lives in Colorado and posted a pic on FB of all the snow. is it common to have snow this late?

severe weather is supposedly heading our way for tomorrow. right now it's in Arkansas and Louisiana.

@JustJazzmom, about 25 of the 35 lily bulbs I planted 2 weeks ago have come up. I want to put mulch down but don't know if I should wait until they've all popped up above ground so I'll know where they are and can avoid covering them over, or is it ok to put mulch on top of the ones that haven't come up yet?

hi to@katte@LTT1@SleeplessinSD@RetRN@catwhisperer@boyzs@MartieHugs@sfnative and all our friends here.

here's a Saucier, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor, nature and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich