Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@catwhisperer, I had to laugh when I saw this, and thought about you.

http://themeowpost.com/shes-trying-to-take-a-shower-but-then-their-siamese-cats-walk-in-and-its-all-...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

@SleeplessinSD Yes, that is the plan..pain is increasing and other signs...Did not mean to post in Wellness meant to post with you ladies! Notice I mention the sixties group.

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

A beautiful day here. We had a good time with the grandkids. We went for a long walk around our property yesterday. They were very interested in the graveyard. I am cleaning out my closet AGAIN!! Today I went through pants and put the winter ones away. Tomorrow I'm going through dresses. This is a never ending job!! I don't know what I would do if we moved. I guess I'd have to rent a storage locker for my clothes!! 😄

JJM, I'm glad you got those items you posted. I sure do like them. What is a thistle feeder? We have such a problem with them. DH is always walking around pulling them and spraying. They are definitely a noxious weed. DH even goes to our neighbors homes because they don't treat them. 

SleeplessinSD, I too, have happy memories of time spent at Seaport Village. Our DGD is interning in SD this summer and we will visit her. Undoubtedly, we will visit Seaport Village once again.  I'm glad you saw Lion. I thought it was a beautiful movie. I bet your deck is lovely with all the planting you've been doing. I wish we could have flowers year around. Take care of yourself, friend. 💜

Hayfield,  how are you ? I'm hoping your DB's knee will heal soon. How is retirement going? 

Shorelady,  it's always nice to hear from you. Have a nice visit with your DGS and your DD. 

Katte, hi! What have you been up to?

Mochahoney, I would like to plant more perennials too. I'm glad to hear your DH's tests went well.

gracie2014,  🙏🏻 for relief from your pain. I hope your infusion helps. 

Well, friends, I'd better get back to work. I hope you all are having a good day. Prayers and good wishes to everyone. Blessings! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

@snardy  Hi - I went through my closet the other day too and donated a lot of blouses to the Goodwill.  I hadn't worn a lot of them in a long time and some were too big since I've lost a bout 20 pounds since retiring.  I've been doing the usual maintenance things around the house and of course there is always errands to run.  DH and I had a quiet weekend.  DH worked around the property and he's been cleaning up his "shop" and the barn area.  He saves everything and decided it was time to get rid of a lot of "stuff".  It has been warm here.  It was in the 90s yesterday.  It's supposed to be breezy most of the week.  Two weeks from this Thursday we will be going to see DS, DD and the grandsons.  We are looking forward to getting away for a few days. Smiley Happy  It sounds like you had a wonder visit with your grandchildren.  The Red Dragon Sedum plants I planted in various pots are doing well.  They won't require much water, as they are part of the succulent family. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.  It was nice to hear from you!!

Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle....fortunately, my two cats don't carry on like the two in the video, but whenever I pull the shower curtain back to get out out the shower, there is always at least one of them sitting there staring at me. In fact, I can rarely use the bathroom at all without a cat in there with me. Forget shutting the door, they will find a way to open it. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

Wanted you all to know that I was online shopping at Coldwater creek and found a code at "Retail Me Not" for  30_% off and free shipping! (Thru 5/8) It worked.

When one pairs this up with their sale prices it is a winner!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I've been cleaning closets too! I have two, and they're both full. There's so much I don't wear anymore, and although I still like them and keep thinking I'll wear them again, I know it's time to just donate. Little by little, it will get done. Sounds like you had a great visit with your grandkids, and I'm sure you miss them already.  I've been putting a lot of flowers I'm buying in pots and like just setting them around. I have a closet full of pots of all sizes. Kind of brightens things up around our yard. We've been having sunny, warm weather here too...I hope you and DH have a nice, relaxing week!😊

@gracie2014, I did read on that other forum that you meant to post here. I'm sorry there were a couple nasty posts. Seems to happen often, unfortunately. I hope you had a good day and are in less pain...🙏

@MariotaMurielle, have you bought bulbs from the Q before? Were they from Cottage Farms? I never have, so I just wondered if you've had good luck. I'm glad your DH's check up went well, and I hope he can have his surgery soon. 

@LTT1, I never use Retail Me Not, but 30% off along with sale price sounds good. Thanks for the head's up!

We're barbecuing tonight. DH just got back with Max and is going to start. I need to make a salad and check the potatoes I put in the oven. Everyone enjoy whatever's left of the evening where you are...Waving Hi to all that I missed!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

I'm just catching up now here on this thread.

@gracie2014 Sorry to hear with what you are dealing with.

@snardy It's not thistle seeds but really are Nyger or Niger seeds. The American goldfinches love eating them. It's a special feeder with tiny holes above a perch -- hole is big enough for a beak to poke in. Red wing blackbirds eat these seeds too. If you want to attract them to your yard, the goldfinches like coneflowers or Echinacea seeds. So when the coneflowers go to seed after blooming, don't remove the seedheads, the finches will use them as a food source.

I do know about thistles -- some have hairy, spiny leaves and can get huge. Luckily the ones by us have taproots so a dandelion tool removes them.  I try to remove them before they flower or set seeds. 

Tomorrow is rain, so this PM I finished pruning winter damage from roses and dead branches from mountain laurels. Some of my mountain laurels have a fungal disease so this is common with certain cultivars. I remove dead and hope for the best. 

I also managed to bring up some laundry and fold it. Another load is going now in the wash.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

hi y'all. it's been a really nice day here. still cooler than usual, although that is supposed to change tomorrow.

I got my vegetable garden planted. I didn't plant much this year. just  tomato plants, cucumbers, jalapenos and onions. I will plant lettuce seeds tomorrow.

@SleeplessinSD, the bulbs I bought from the Q are from Cottage Farms. I've never bought them before, but they were a great price so I decided to take a chance. several are already coming up and they look very green and healthy. I planted 35 bulbs in the bed that DH and I dug. I just ordered another set of twelve a couple of days ago, also asiatic lilies. they are a shorter variety that I will mostly plant in pots.

the pollen count seems to be down but I'm still having some splitting sinus pressure headaches. a combo of decongestants, Claritin and Tylenol is helping.

I hope all is well with everyone.

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all.

here's a Mississippi delta farm sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, bird, tree, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich