Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Good Evening! We just watched the movie Lion with Nicole Kidman. We both really liked it. If you see it, have the tissue near! This morning, I potted up some flowers I bought at Home Depot a couple days ago to set around our deck. Another warm, sunny day here; really nice!

@katte, I think they still have the horse drawn carriage rides at Seaport Village. I didn't see them yesterday, but seems like I have before. You didn't travel from Santee to Malibu did you? That would have been a long drive! You said you moved around a lot, so I'm assuming you lived and worked near Malibu. It is beautiful there!

@Hayfield, I don't think I knew you'd ever been out this way. Seaport Village is such a tourist attraction, I'm not surprised you visited there when you and DH were here. I think you said it's been a while since you've seen your brother. I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing him.

@shorelady, Yes, that's me! I decided to change my nic for privacy reasons. The Q was having problems, and it seemed like a good idea. It's so good to hear from you. Have a great time celebrating your grandson's First Communion at your DD's. I have to agree...time with our grandchildren makes everything better😊. I wanted to let you know, too, I've been in touch with Spammom. She and DH are doing well and busy packing to move to a new retirement community. I'll let her know you stopped by....take care!

@JustJazzmom, I hope you enjoyed your pizza night! Have to admit..I love pizza! Sounds like you had a busy day😊

Waving Hi to Everyone! 😊❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read all the posts to catch up but I did see that Shorelady stopped by for a visit. @shorelady, it was so nice to see you here. it doesn't seem like 3 years since you lost your dear husband, but you're right, time goes by so quickly. I know it's been a struggle and you continue to be in my thoughts.

we had a great weekend, even though the weather was a little ridiculous. it rained yesterday and the temp dropped about 30 degrees. while DH was in Tuscaloosa, DD & DSIL went with me to Lowes to buy plants and seeds for my vegetable garden. I am looking forward to getting that planting done. I decided to buy some more lily bulbs today (they were featured on the Q today. a set of 12 bulbs with free shipping) and will put some in pots at the front door and probably also in pots on the deck. at this stage, I'm looking for "easy-peasy" as far as maintenance is concerned for my flower gardens, and also I'm concentrating on more perennials than annuals. less work and more cost effective.

last night we went to a great BBQ place and everyone enjoyed that. on the way home we went to a place that makes popsicles. they have flavors like pineapple curry, pineapple ginger, lavender buttermilk, cappuccino. I got vanilla orange and it tasted like a Dreamsicle and was very good but DSIL got cappuccino and I tasted it and it was divine.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

here's a Biloxi shrimp boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD...I have sent numerous emails to Spammom with no response, so am glad to hear you have contact with her. Smiley Happy 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, I'm wondering if maybe she changed her email address from what you have.  I heard from her before Easter by mail.  I'll let her know you mentioned her...

~H~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD  Hi - We lived in Santee and I really liked it there.  Yes, I did drive from Santee to Malibu and it was a long drive.  I remember it seemed to take forever to get there and home everyday!   The job was short-lived because of the drive, thank goodness.

Super Contributor

@SleeplessinSD Still very exhausted, problemd breathing. Decided to share my story with you ladies...I have acute intermittent porphyria..this describes my journey. I am currently in the midst of a flare. Will catch up with everybody when feeling better. Be well!

Trusted Contributor

@gracie2014  Good Morning - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  I hope you start to feel better real soon. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD Still very exhausted, problemd breathing. Decided to share my story with you ladies...I have acute intermittent porphyria..this describes my journey. I am currently in the midst of a flare. Will catch up with everybody when feeling better. Be well!

@gracie2014, I read about your illness and what you've been through and continue on the Wellness forum. Im so sorry you're dealing with this.  If I understand correctly, you'll be getting an infusion treatment soon? I do hope whatever's planned you start feeling better...I'm keeping you in my prayers🙏

~H~
Respected Contributor

good morning y'all. what a beautiful day it is here this morning, cool and sunny. they are predicting high 80's - 90 by midweek, though.

DH just got back from his VA cardiology checkup. EKG, BP and physical were all good. all this will be sent to the outside orthopedic surgeon. we're still on the slow track to get his back surgery done.

some of the bulbs I planted last week are beginning to peek through the soil.

@gracie2014, sending you extra good thoughts to get through your acute flare and feel better very soon.

blessings to all. Heart

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich