Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

334C773E-F68E-40F9-AA86-F16477BF70B7-2735-0000038B327C3838.jpeg

@SleeplessinSD@JustJazzmom@sfnative@Hayfield@catwhisperer@MariotaMurielle

and including all who post here...

LOL HAHA

Thinking of you all as I continue packing SUPPLEMENTS today!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon--I totally forgot to tell everyone, I'm finally having dinner with my friend, we had to reschedule when she got stuck in Florida a couple of weeks ago due to the snowstorm.  My DS & her DS were born on the same day in the same hospital, so they're both 31 today.  We met when we were building our houses back in 1987.  She thought DH looked familiar, probably had seen him in the hall in the hosptial.  Our two little guys were with us, standing in the middle of the cul-de-sac looking at our half built homes and when we asked how old each were we found out they were born on the same day in the same hosptal.  Small world!  They moved in 1997, built a bigger, custom home on a acre up the road but we try to stay in touch and have dinner at least once a year.  They also have a custom built home on a lake in North Carolina where their other son lives with his wife & two little boys.  I put a picture of DS on Facebook, he was 5 when it was taken.  We're going to toast to the boys tonight!  

Oh, isn't it great, they finally fixed the sign in page!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

yay! log in is fixed!

progress continues. the better I sleep, the better I feel the next day. today I actually felt good enough to get off the couch and accomplish a few things. I did several loads of laundry, then did some major vacuuming and dusting. not just surface cleaning. I did the underneath things-behind things-around all the surfaces kind of cleaning.

I also did about 8 minutes on my rebounder.

then I located my poor, neglected Fitbit and put in a new battery. it told me that I haven't synced it since April. almost a year ago. that's pathetic.

so, little by little I'm getting some energy back.

@Hayfield, have fun with your old friend. so you both had your sons on the same day in the same hospital and then built houses on the same street? and you became good friends. that's very cool. I didn't see the pic on FB of your son when he was 5 but I did see a pic of him holding a medal he got for running in a marathon Smiley Happy . that's pretty awesome too.

hi to all our friends here and many blessings to each of you. here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, cloud, grass, outdoor, nature and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just be aware that even though you can log into the forums, you are also logged into your account, which may or may not be secure. Once I log into the forums, I go to my account to log out, but am still logged into the forums. Hope this makes sense.

Edited to add, due to the confusion as to whether or not the account info is secure, I deleted my CC info a few days ago.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I had something happen today, so I want to add to the security of the forums. I mentioned last week here that CS asked me to create a new pin and password. They said the reason was that accounts might have been compromised/hacked. I did, and all seemed fine. Today, I went online to place an order and all my account info was gone. I called CS and the person I spoke to said my account was overdue, so I couldn't order online. I knew this was impossible. I pay it in full every month, and check my bank to make sure it is paid. I had her transfer me to the Q's bank. They checked and said I was current and they would call CS. Long story short, I called CS again later and all was OK. I do think the Q is having security issues, as I've never had this happen,  so we need to all be careful...

@MariotaMurielle, sounds like you had a busy day! It made me more tired reading all you got done😉...that was funny about your Fitbit. Seems like I always have to remind myself to wear mine these days...

@Hayfield, I think it's amazing you've stayed friends with your neighbor for over 30 years, and that your son's were born the same day in the same hospital! That you would meet up in the same neighborhood later is pretty incredible too. Happy Birthday to your DS!🎂

@JustJazzmom@sfnative, thanks for the reminders and safety tips. Some of which I don't think about. @sfnative, I hope you had a great time with your DGD. I love doing lunch and shopping with my DGD😊 Good luck with the mouth guard. I hope it helps...

Hi to Catwhisperer, boyzs, Snardy, Loves, Katte, Fancy, Martie, RetRN and Everyone!

Good Night!❤🙏

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--I had a great time with my friend last night, catching up with what our families have been up to.  She has two boys, the older one will be 40 this year, he's married with two sons and then her other son that's my son's age.  I first went to her house, she gutted her kitchen a few years ago and it is gorgeous, I'm sure she spent $100K redoing it and she also redid her master bathroom.  Their home is on an acre and her husband loves to do alot of his own planting and design.  They both come from very humble beginnings but her husband has been uber successful but she remains very down to earth.  Her & her husband are doing a family trip to Italy this summer and taking their adult children, the grandchildren will stay with the other grandmother.  They're treating, so they're paying for all 6 of them and she has a someone planning it all out for them and a someone will be driving them around Italy and it sounds wonderful.  Her husband worked so hard for so many years and he's still working at it part time as he loves it and they pay him lots of

money.  She has a family room in the middle of the house that's curved and she had a custom made couch, it looks awesome!  I have no idea what she paid for it but boy I liked it, it was perfect for the room.  I just know I paid a lot of money for a couch and loveseat from lazy boy a couple of years ago, more than I thought I'd have to spend, so I can't imagine what a couch like that would cost.  Instead of one large refrigerator in her kitchen she had custom refrigerators made on either side of the wall leading into the dinning room that looked like cabinets and boy did I like that too.  I appraised houses for twenty five years and I so enjoy seeing neat stuff in peoples houses.  Miss those days.  In her bathroom they put outlets inside the cabinets so she can keep her curling iron in their and blow dryer plugged in, really neat.  Must be really nice to have that kind of money! 

Respected Contributor

SISD---That's scary, when you know you've paid your account up to date and they're telling you it's not.  Like you, I pay all my bills off monthly.  There was a discussion on a thread about writing checks or do you do on-line banking and which is safer.  Well, someone tried to hack into my on-line banking a while ago and I had to change my accounts, what a mess.  I still write checks but I don't mail them from my mail box, I take them to the post office.  Someone stole the mail out of my brother's mail box and he had written checks and as a percaution changed his accounts.  I don't know what is safe and what is not anymore.  I have a shreader too.  I don't answer the phone if I don't know the number and on my message I only say you have reached the number, I don't say our name.  I heard that if you answer the phone and you talk to them, they try to get ou to say "yes" so they can record it and use it.  I delete all e-mail immediately if I don't know who it's from, I don't open it.  I'm doing the best I can but I'm starting to become paranoid!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!😊

IMG_9147.JPG

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD....wow, that's scary.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

if something was mentioned earlier about the possibility of our Q accounts being hacked, I guess I missed it. then I read @catwhisperer and @SleeplessinSD's posts last night. so I went to my Q account page and deleted all my CC information. I guess the next time I decide to order something from the Q I'll just put my CC number in and then delete it.

I remember many years ago (when I first got a checking account) that banks would put your phone number and even your SS number on checks. when I got a little more cautious years and years later, I remember having my SS number removed from my checks, but still had my phone number on them. finally, as years went by and I became more aware of evil people, I had my phone number removed.

I specifically remember cashiers asking for my SS number after I had it removed from my checks. I think I was probably dumb enough at first to give it to them, but later I remember refusing to give my SS number.

all things evolve, I guess. and we learn as we go along.

it's a shame that we have to be so paranoid these days, but we do.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich