Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@MariotaMurielle  Oh my gosh, I'm glad your DH is okay.  Sending warm thoughts and prayers at this time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Gosh, just when you think being w/o water is the only problem! Sending good thoughts both you and DH will be fine this weekend. Trucks can be repaired as well as water mains!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

DH just stopped by to show me the truck. he was sitting still in a turn lane when this man coming from the opposite direction somehow sideswiped him. thankfully, the man has insurance (it's a law that you have to have it but we have a huge problem in Mississippi with uninsured drivers) and told the police that it was his fault.

the truck has a big dent in the driver's side door and several scratches/scrapes down the side of the truck. he's already taken it to have an estimate and it's going to cost about $3000 to repair. thank goodness no one was hurt. you never know, you can be minding your own business and still get clobbered!

I have filled one bath tub with water, have a huge pot on the stove, my hair is washed and I have my last load of laundry in the washer now. we're as ready as possible for the outage.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Collision expenses are high usually. Hope it only takes a week for repairs. At least the truck is drivable. Some places that do the repairs will let you drive the vehicle and once the parts are in, then you can bring the vehicle in. Does your insurance allow you a loaner vehicle?

I hope the water main disruption is not too stressful.

Valued Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, i'm so happy to hear that thank g-d your husband is ok, & didn't get hurt. i hope the water situation won't effect you, but at least you're well prepared. i want to wish you & your husband a lovely week-end. i certainly hope he doesn't feel any after effects from the accident.

special hellos to the sweetest & kindest:

@SleeplessinSD@LTT1@Hayfield@RetRN@MartieHugs

@fancy pantsy@shorelady@spammom@snardy@catwhisperer,

& i hope you all have a safe, healthy & happy week-end.

and to all you lovely ladies who post/read here, i hope you all have a healthy & wonderful week-end as well.

@catwhisperer, i'm so happy your husband is continuing to do well & that you are able to find some "you" time. keep finding those pennies, i believe like you that they are a sign. a sign that things are starting to turn around for you & your husband, & things are going to start working out in your favor & start being much better for the both of you. so hang in there my friend, i think the light is going to start shinning for the both of you very soon. hope you both enjoy a safe & peaceful week-end. you're always in my heart & prayers. be well.

Valued Contributor

Good evening friends,

Mochahoney,  I'm so sorry to hear about DH's truck but thank goodness he didn't get hurt! I'm glad the other driver admitted that it was his fault. Bad news about the water main break. When will you know if you will be affected? Take care! 

boyzs, thanks for checking in and for your kindness!

Helen, it sounds like you are having nice weather. We are too!  I hope you are doing well. What spring things did they have at Costco? Take care, friend. 

Catwhisperer, thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. 🙏🏻

My wonderful DH is taking me on a surprise trip for our 41st anniversary on Monday. We will only be gone for 3 days but it will be nice to get away, even for a little while. I have no idea where we are going but I do know that we're driving so it can't be too far away.

Wishing everyone a good weekend. Blessings to you all! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Have a lovely anniversary @snardy!

Respected Contributor

Good Evening!  I'm heading to NYC early tomorrow, so I thought I'd post tonight.  It was in the 70's yesterday but in the 30's today and really windy, what a change!  It's going to be cold in NYC and I'll just dress according to the weather, no big deal, I'm only going to be there 1 day.  I'm excited to see Sunset Boulevard with Glenn Close!  My friend that I work with and spends the winter months in Flordia has gotten us tickets to the Statue of LIberty for June, we're going to The Crown!!! I'm really excited.  We'll might see a Broadway show too, I told her it was her pick.  I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Mochahoney--I'm so glad your DH is O.K.  Cars/trucks can be fixed!  I'm sorry to hear about the water problem & I know you're prepared but I hope you don't have to do without water.  Didn't you have a water problem a little while ago, if I recall?

Catwhisperer--My trainer's parents were very well off and when they were in a nursing home, a very expensive one, my trainer still had to go over daily and see that they were properly taken care of.  I pray every day that I don't need to go into one as it seems that good care is difficult to come by.  I don't know what the answer is, I wish I did.  

Snardy--Happy Anniversary!  41 years!  Congratulations!  DH & I celebrate 39 years in May!  I can't wait to hear where your DH took you.

Boyzs--Good to hear from you!  I'll be in NYC tomorrow and Sunday!  My first trip of 2017!  I always love visiing NYC!

Justjazzmom--They're predicting a big snowstorm on the east coast next week, for us in the DC area, they say from Monday night into Tuesday.  It's no big deal to me, as long as we have electricity, I hate when that happens.  

Helen47--Do you have any plans for the weekend?  

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield Dress warmly, it's supposed to be in the teens or less this weekend. Yes, they are saying the equivalent of a Nor'easter from late Monday into Tuesday!

Trusted Contributor

@snardy  Happy Anniversary!!  How nice of your DH to plan such a nice surprise on a very special day.  Smiley Happy