Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

hey everyone. it's been beautiful day, sunny and 66 degrees. my day started by DH making my coffee and serving me when I got out of bed. lunch with my 2 old friends, followed by coffee and 2 hours of catching up. then supper with DH at my favorite Mexican restaurant, followed by an ice cream cone on the way home. thank you for all the sweet birthday wishes. it was a perfect day.

I had to laugh at my DD. I told her on FB that I am now exactly twice her age and she replied: uh, mom....I'm not 33 yet Smiley Happy . she's right. she's 32. all I could say was Oooops Smiley Happy

we're heading out in the morning for the 100 mile drive to where she lives. we'll have lunch there, then go to a big once-a-month flee market/antique store, then drive back tomorrow evening. one of the friends I had lunch with today is going with us.

so, I'm heading to bed early tonight. I'm worn out.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

p.s. @katte, I hope you visit with the cardiologist went well today.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, twilight, outdoor and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I'm stopping in for a quick good night. It's DS's birthday tomorrow. He took a 3 day weekend off and went golfing today with DH. He's hanging out with us still and will be leaving soon. Tomorrow, we're all taking a boat ride at the harbor and having a picnic lunch. We'll go to his favorite restaurant for dinner downtown. It was another beautiful day here. We're loving it! I hope everyone had a good day!

@MariotaMurielle, sounds like you had a perfect day from beginning to end. Have a great day tomorrow with your DD too...Happy Birthday!!

@snardy@LTT1, thank you for thinking of me. I'm doing OK! @LTT1, thank you for the update on DBIL's. Sounds like good news? Sending prayers for you all🙏...

@katte, I hope you were able to get the answers you needed from the doctor visit today...thinking of you!

@RetRN, Thank you for the yummy recipe. I saved it and will definitely try!

@Hayfield, I took something last night to help me sleep I'm not used to taking. It knocked me for a loop! I won't do that again. I hope you had a nice day off and have a not too busy time working this weekend! 😉

Waving Hi to Everyone! I'll be back sometime this weekend. Good Night!❤😊🙏

~H~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle,wishing you a very healthy, happy birthday & many more to come. i hope you enjoyed your special day!& i'm so glad your husband is doing better with his diet.

@catwhisperer, i'm so happy to hear that your husband is doing so much better, however i'm sorry that you're still experiencing problems with getting he help you need. and now to add on to it, you're having housing problems. perhaps you'll be surprised, & something will open up sooner rather then later. as always, you & your dear husband are always in heart, thoughts & prayers. please try & get as much "you" time as possible.

@SleeplessinSD, how wonderful for you & your husband to soon be cruising to alaska.  i wish you safe, healthy & happy travels going & coming.

@LTT1, i so admire you for being so strong, supportive & being there for your husband & both brother-in-laws. i'm glad at least one is back at his home, & i certainly hope the other one will be soon be doing better. my thoughts, & prayers are with you, your husband & both of your brother-in-laws. please remember to take care of yourself!

@Hayfield, how very nice & generous of you & your husband to pay for his retirement party. i too agree with the other woman, if your hands are in it, it's definitely going to be "something spectacular" enjoy it, & the best of luck to your husband. i wish him & you the very best.

@MartieHugs, sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather. i hope the days ahead will be be better for you.

@RetRN, your recipe does sound delicious, however it's just not on my atkins diet. but i'm sure happy you enjoyed it.

@snardy, it's always enjoyable to read your posts. stay well & have a beautiful, restful & peaceful week-end. i live in n.y.(queens) & we're having such cold & windy weather.  i just hate it. the cold is bad enough, but those whipping winds, are just horrible. they call it winter. i call it old age! when i was young, i don't remember the weather effecting me the way it does now!

special hello's @fancy pantsy@Spammom@shorelady, & to everyone who posts & or reads here, i want to you a very healthy, happy, & enjoyable weekend. it's so nice to read everyone's posts. have a peaceful rest of the evening.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte, i hope everything worked out ok for you today at your doctor's appt. even though your diagnosis stays the same, sometimes when you speak face to face with the doctor, & your able to ask all the questions you have that are running through your head, and your able to get the answers that you need, it just makes everything seem so much better then it was, then when you heard it over the phone.

i hope this was the case for you today. and that  now things don't appear to be so severe & scary for you. in any case, you do know that you have a very big & caring support team right here for you! so you'll never be alone my friend, we're all here for you always. you take care, & i hope you feel more relaxed & comforted now that you spoke to your doctor. have a peaceful, pleasant week-end. regards,

Honored Contributor

@boyzs, our dear friend...always so good to hear from you! Thank you for your kind words. I hope you have a happy, healthy weekend. ((❤))

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm working today, so everyone have a great day!

Boyzs--Great to hear from you and I hope all is well with you.  DS lives in Queens, well, I think Astoria, but it's still Queens isn't it?   We went to a great Italian Restaurant for my birthday last October in Cornona when we were on our way to Newport.  Yes, the cold definitely affects me more negatively too as I get older, but here in VA we've had a very mild winter, so far.

Valued Contributor

Good Saturday morning all,

boyzs, you are so generous with your kind words and thoughts. It's always so good to hear from you.  I'm sorry you are experiencing cold and windy weather. I think wind is the worst. I agree that as we age, we feel the weather more. We've been very lucky here to have a mild winter. So far!! 😊 Take care of yourself and stay warm. Keep in touch!

i have a few errands to run so I'll sign off for now. I'll be back later.  

Blessings to you all. ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!!

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the lovely kind thoughts that have been sent my way.  I really appreciate it and it means so much to me!  Smiley Happy

My doctor's visit went well yesterday.  It is always so much better to talk to your doctor in person than on the phone as you get to ask him questions which you may have forgotten to ask and to get a better understanding and interpretation of the situation.  My situation is not as bleak as I had interpretated it to be.  My cardiologist gave me three options:  One, to have another cryo balloon ablation procedure up in Phoenix which I had in 2015; two, to take a very powerful drug called amiordorone, which has some serious side effects, but would help with the problem, and three, to continue with my medications and endure the discomforts of afib from time to time.  I discussed all three with him and we decided on the latter option. I had already had the ablation done in 2015 and it is quite a procedure.  It lasted for awhile, but it really didn't solve the problem, and taking the amiordorone is too scary for me and he agreed.  Basically, I was born with a bundle branch block defect that is causing my heart to short circuit which causes the AFIB.  There is no fix for that.  The Ventricular Septal Defect that I was born with is not causing problems.  Sooo, for now I will continue to take my medications, live my life the best I can and stay positive.  He also wants me to start exercising again and told me this is very important, so I will dust off my recumbent bike and treadmill and get back into a routine. Smiley Happy

On a different note, I am making pinto beans and ham for dinner along with corn bread.  I add green chilies also.  It sounded good today. 

While we were in Tucson, we went to Costco and got some dog food.  I have never bought much from their meat department before, so yesterday I bought some mild Italian sausage and some pork chops.  Their meat looks really good. 

Well, I will close for now.  I have to go into town later.  I will check back in a little while. Everyone have a great day!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! 

I'm glad to read you had a productive meeting with your doctor @katte.

I am making chicken with rice today for dinner. It's sunny but windy here. I use a generous pinch of saffron in it when I make it. It is my Grandmother's recipe -- Arroz con Pollo. 

I have all the ingrdients and have defrosted the Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breasts for it. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@Hayfield, if you went to a great italian restaurant in corona, it had to be "parkside". it's notorious for being known as one of, if not the best italian restaurants in all of queens. i've eaten there several times with my family, & my family goes there many times plus they go their with friends.

in fact, they have friends who come in from n.j. just to eat there. also right next door to parkside, is the "corona lemon ice king", another famous well known trendy place for ices. they've been for years & are also well known for having the best ices.  i'm glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner!

and yes, astoria is part of queens, & how very lucky for your son to be living there. it's one of those neighborhoods that years ago wasn't such a good area, & they really built up & now no one can afford to live there! it's such a beautiful area, & has access to everything you need. plus it's near everything & everywhere you have to get to. he's a lucky man! i hope you enjoy your week-end.

@JustJazzmom, i'm not sure what i want to do more, visit your beautiful garden, or visit your kitchen & eat your delicious food!

how lucky for you to be so successful at two such wonderful talents! i hope you have a nice week-end.

and to everyone, i wish you all a terrific week-end! my very best  wishes. best regards,