Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

good morning y'all. I don't know why but for the past several nights I've dreamed about my hair. mostly about being conflicted as to whether or not I made a mistake by getting it colored again instead of continuing to let the gray grow out. when I caved in and colored it last month, I had let the gray grow for 4 months. now I'm going back and forth in my brain about starting again. I commented to DH yesterday that I was thinking about it and he said "oh no! we don't need to go through all that again!". last night I dreamed that I missed my hair appointment so the first thing I did when I got up was to check my calendar. whewwww, my appointment is March 8 (LTT's birthday Smiley Happy), so I didn't miss it.

DH is out back burning those piles of limbs we picked up a few days ago. today will be just doing things around the house and reading, nothing exciting.

have a great day everyone.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@Helen57 hi Max with 🦋!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield
I really enjoyed the gardens at Mt Vernon... like the herb gardens. Do they still have these? If I was nearer I'd spend days in those gardens!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jpg

Question: what is the difference between the colors Siryah and Shiraz? 

Spent the morning on medical -- SO FUN!  NOT!

DH got back from his walking at the mall.

Tonight is flatbread Friday! HAHA We will have Subway sandwiches on flatbread!

@snardy -- y'all needed snow? (For skiing?)

@katte -- the mountains look beautiful!

LaLEXI!🎉 calls the tv remote a "commote " 😆

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Yesterday was errand day, i also got groceries, had lab work done, and stopped at the library to pick up "A Man Called Ove".

@RetRNplease let me know how you like A Man Called Ove after you read it. I have it on my Goodreads "want to read" list, so I'll be curious to know what you think about it.
you're having snow and it will be in the low 80s here today. wanna trade? Smiley Happy
“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good morning friends,

It's so pretty out! It is snowing lightly and all the trees are covered in white. When I finish this post, I'm going to walk on the treadmill and then work on sorting out my recipes and filing them in my new recipe organizer. It's ridiculous how many recipes I have!  If any of you need a new light-weight coat, there is a Dennis Basso crepe long coat for $49.97 on the lunchtime specials. His crepe is lovely. I didn't check sizes but it is worth checking out if you need a coat. 

Mochahoney, I like your nail polish. I usually wear dark purple polish but I should lighten up for spring! The sunset you posted is beautiful. It's interesting you're dreaming about your hair. Are you conflicted about it?

Hayfield, your YMCA event sounds fun. A girls night out is always a good time. I'm glad you are going. You can't go wrong with black pants, I don't think. They are my wardrobe staple. I didn't know there was a restaurant at Mt. Vernon. What kind of food do they serve? Have fun!

Katte, I'm glad you are feeling better. I know you are anxious to get your results. I didn't realize that carnations are such a hardy plant. How nice to have them in the winter. Your mountains look like ours. Take care! 

Helen, I love the lab picture. We are seriously thinking of getting a lab this summer. I sure am glad it stopped raining at your DB. I can imagine how awful it would be to have a leaking roof. Did you decide if you are going to take a leave from the hospital? 

It's so nice you are able to see your family frequently. That's a disadvantage of living in the country like we do. I'm wishing you continued good sleep and health. Take care, my friend 🙏🏻❤

RetRN, let us know how you like A Man Called Ove. I've heard about it but don't know what it's about. 

Loves, we need the snow for moisture due to a high fire danger. The mountains usually get plenty of snow for skiing. Do you ski by any chance? I don't which is strange in Colorado. Most people here do ski. 

Have a good Friday and hello to everyone else!  Blessings! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

@snardy, I am very conflicted about my hair. and that's really not like me at all. when I was working, for so many years, I was the decision maker. I had to be very decisive and I had no problem with that. and even now, I usually can weigh an issue and make a strong decision without second thoughts. but this issue.....I don't know why I'm so undecided about it. I know that for some people this would seem like a silly thing to have so much angst about. I mean, it's just hair, right? but for me, it's a big deal.

Valued Contributor

Mochahoney, I totally get it. I went through the same thing with my hair. Right now, I'm coloring it, but at any time, I may decide to let it go gray!!!

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I like Dennis Basso and have a few of his things. I try to buy when they go on clearance. I don't need a coat right now, but I'll check it out! I go back and forth on taking leave from volunteering.  I'm feeling better now. We are so lucky to have our son just a few miles away. We get to see him and our DGD often. He's a wonderful, caring son. I don't know what we'd do without him. We miss our DD. She's a few hours away and works out of town a lot. We talk often and see her when we can though. Our DGS goes to school and works here too. I didn't know you were thinking of getting a Lab. They're the best dogs, as I'm sure you know. I'm excited for you! Oh, I've looked everywhere for that polish you mentioned. I liked the color, but I think it's discontinued!

@MariotaMurielle, I think I mentioned my sister is letting her hair go grey. She's in to her 3rd month. So far, she's sticking with it. I haven't seen her lately, but she's sent me pictures. Her hair is a cute, short style and she uses a spray to color the grey. How funny you keep dreaming about your hair! Not sure what that means. I think you'll know when you're ready to try again.

@LTT1, La Lexie " Commote for Remote",  how cute is that! 😊 Your picture today made me smile. Did you get all your medical stuff worked out? I'm so glad my DH takes care of that. We love the flatbread!

@Hayfield, Well, I'm anxious to hear how your get away with DH's coworkers went. I'm sure it was a fun time! How funny the ladies had the same name, lol!  I think you couldn't go wrong with black slacks and a white top. Perfect for your nice weather. Getting a room was a great idea...you're such a trooper!

@katte, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I hope you had a good day getting out for a bit...

@RetRN, I've heard that book is good too! Let us know how you like it. Sounds like you're ready to just stay in, read and keep warm. The snow sounds beautiful!

Hi to Everyone! I hope you all had a good day. Ours was quiet and relaxing...just the way I like it! Good Night!❤🙏

~H~
Respected Contributor

sending wishes for a cozy, safe, comfortable night for all.

here's a Biloxi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, twilight, outdoor, water and nature