Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

supper was great. kitchen is cleaned. shower is done and nightgown & robe are so comfy. now it's time to just relax.

@Hayfield, I can't even imagine over 22,000 people walking through a property in one day. that's enough people to populate a small city.

@katte, sending prayers for a good report tomorrow.

blessings and kind thoughts to all.

here's a south Mississippi pine belt sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening Friends!😊

I ended up going in to the hospital after all. I really thought about calling in, but, honestly, felt guilty! I did talk to my manager. She's a good friend and totally understood if I decide to take a break. I told her I'd call her before next Tuesday if I decide to. I had a good day and enjoyed seeing everyone, so I'm going to give it thought. DH had dinner ready for me...Raviolis and homemade pasta sauce I took out of the freezer this morning, Yum!

@Hayfield, We got our wine today! Of course, we had to try, so DH opened up a Rose (you know what I mean). I wasn't crazy about it, DH thought it was OK. We got three of each, so we're anxious to try another. The return guarantee is great, so if we're not happy, back it goes! Wow! 22,000 plus guests at the estate? I'm sure you got your steps in!

@MariotaMurielle, sounds like you got a lot done today. Good for you! The weather today was really nice. I think we'll be dry the rest of the week. Another storm coming in Monday, I heard.  My poor brother is still having rain. I'm praying he gets a break soon.

@katte, I never heard about the correlation of diabetes and heart disease either. I hate going to the ER and thankfully don't need to often. The ER is always packed and busy at our hospital. I'm surprised with chest pain your son's friend wasn't watched more closely. That's not good. I hope you rest well tonight. You'll be in my thoughts...

@RetRN, I'm feeling better today thanks! Going in to volunteer today kept me busy which felt good. We're having a break from rain for a few days. We're hoping things dry out!

@shorelady, So good to hear from you! What a coincidence. I got an email from Spammom this morning and thought of you. She's doing well and in the process of selling everything and moving in to a retirement place. Sounds like things are taking their course and you're adjusting. I'm sure still hard at times. We love seeing you here whenever you can. No worries about catching up on posts! ❤

Hi to Loves, boyzs, JustJazzMom, Martie, Fancy, Snardy, Catwhisperer and Everyone! I'm ready to go up and change. I hope everyone had a good day and are settled in safe and warm....Good Night!😊❤🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

Justjazzmom--Congratulations on your award!  Very well deserved.  The gingerbread sounds wonderful.  I've never seen a 3 cup pan, where did you get it?  That size would be perfect for us.  

JJM & Helen47-- We have pine tress that they call scrub pine trees because they are very tall, skinny with the needles all at the top, they look like a q-tip.  They have very shallow roots and tend to fall down a lot once they get bigger.  I know because the back of our lot has a ton of them and they have been falling down for years and we have been removing the ones near our house and our neighbors for years, very costly.  I think we've spent over $10,000 since we've lived here in 1987.  We take a few down every year and every once in a while we have the ones that have fallen down on their own, removed.  I thought when we bought this house with the wooded lot it would be easy maintenance, no so!!!!!

3 Cup pan is either on Amazon or Kitchen Collection Outlet Stores

Nordic Ware 50013 3-Cup bundt pan, colors vary -- I have aqua blue.

You would have to halve a typical bundt pan recipe and then divide it between 2 of these pans.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Hi - Thank you for the warm thoughts and well wishes.  I hope I sleep well also, as I'm a light sleeper. I am watching Chicago Fire right now (one of my favorite shows).  Our weather is nice here too.  I think it's supposed to be nice for a few days.  I must admit I miss volunteering.  I hope I can continue to do it again.soon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!😊❤

IMG_8559.GIF

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  That is such a cool video of the humminbirds!!  Is that at your house? 

Valued Contributor

Hi Katte, thinking of you and sending prayers your way! Blessings! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Super Contributor

Hump Day, Bump Day ...

Good morning everyone. Well, it's another bumpy ride. Spent yesterday in the ER. Thought it was pneumonia but it's side effects from chemo ... COPD and congestive heart failure. Will see my primary on Monday and off to next steps after that. It's moving very quickly, so we're going to move quickly. If I sit down, I'm fine, lucid, breathing. The minute I try to walk, I'm toast. ******. Getting old is no fun.

Am grateful for my houseguest ... just for a mental diversion if not just good company.Also makes me realize that kids today go thru a lot worse than this.

@Hayfieldyou win the prize. Yup, that's her.

Love to you all.

Martie

Honored Contributor

@MartieHugs, I'm sorry. Sending lots of prayers, hugs and good thoughts to you. So glad you have your friend with you. Please keep us updated on how you're doing.🙏

@katte, No, the picture is not at my house.😉  Good luck with your tests today. I'll be checking for news when you have a chance....

BBL!!

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon friends,

It's much cooler and windy here today. We are expecting some rain or snow tomorrow and Friday. Goodness knows we need it!

Yesterday my friend and I went to lunch and saw the movie Lion. What an intense and emotional movie with great acting!! If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. 

Shorelady, how nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are feeling stronger. Take care of yourself!

Hayfield, WOW! I can't imagine 22,170 people!! Do you organize the people by groups?  How many are in a group?  We have to have dead trees removed too, occasionally and it is expensive. We have ponderosa pines and they are very tall and sturdy. (Think Bonanza)

Helen, I'm glad your manager at the hospital will be understanding if you decide to take some time off. I ❤ raviolis!! If I didn't already have dinner planned, I would be making those!! Has the rain stopped at your DB's yet? I hope so. The hummer picture is so amazing! I love hummers!  Do you have them year around?

MartieHugs, I am so sorry to hear of your new health problems. I'm glad you have a houseguest so you aren't alone. Keep us posted on how you're doing. 

DH is patiently waiting for our afternoon Scrabble game. Love and blessings to all! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb