Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

it's Wednesday already?

I've been working on genealogy off and on for years and a few months ago I did a DNA test through the Ancestry website. I have something like 1200 "4th cousins & closer" matches. I have emailed dozens of them but only a handful have responded. but of those that have replied, I have found several 2nd and 3rd cousins that I never knew existed, all on my maternal side. my research interest has really been concentrated on my paternal ancestors, since there doesn't seem to be much information available. but today, I got responses from 3 cousins I didn't know about on my dad's side. two of them are 2nd cousins and one 3rd cousin. I am so excited to be in contact with them although I'm pretty sure they have even less information than I do.

other than that, I've been working on organizing documents for taxes....ugh.

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all our friends here.

here's a Creole Bayou on the Pascagoula River sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm working today and it's going to be cold & windy but then it's going to be in the high 60's for the next few days!  DD came for dinner and to do her taxes.  She had pictures of her puppy, she so's excited.  She picked the one that's tri-color, black, tan & white and a male.  She's looking into puppy classes for them to take together and she's looking into a vet.  She'll pick him up on April 9th.  

Mochahoney--It sounds interesting, trying to find family members.  Will try to plan a "get together" with them in the  near future?  

Helen47--I was very tempted by the wine TSV yesterday, it was an excellent deal, but since I already belong to some wine clubs, I did pass.  Did you get all whites or reds or a mix?  You'll have to let me know how they are!

Justjazzmom--Sounds like you had a lovely dinner out on V Day!

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Everyone

Today is going too be an errand day for me.  A couple of weeks ago I dropped off my mom's diamond wedding band at the jewelers to get it re-sized.  She gave it to me before she passed away 8 years ago.  Anyhow, I would wear it on my right ring finger from time to time, but it was a little snug.  The jeweler called me yesterday and it's ready so I'm anxious to get it. Smiley Happy   I have a few things to get at the grocery store and I'll probably stop by Pet Smart for dog food and that's about it.  Yesterday I took the car into the dealership for a warranty issue and had the oil changed.  We are supposed to get rain Saturday and Sunday and maybe some mountain snow, so Spring is not ready to appear as yet.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing

Honored Contributor

#tbt (Throwback Thursday)

IMG_7323.JPG

DBIL is undergoing "chemoablation" for his liver at the moment. DH was up at 4:30 this morning to round up DBIL. 

A friend told me that Medicare will have hospice come to him and they will provide skilled nursing/depends/boost etc (we have been buying these) and that all one has to do is sign up. Other DBIL will have his procedure on Monday and his DD (our niece) will take him for that. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

'morning everyone ... oops, guess it's afternoon.

We've had some snow over the last few days and next week it's going to be in the 40's. Strange weather for sure. My good Samaritan has kept my steps shoveled so if the mood ever struck me, I could get out. Not likely. Car is lost under a huge snowpile. Have a little bit of work and the income will be nice. Not a lot, but enough to cover one of my scripts for a few months. Never thought I'd been working to stay alive, at least at this point. Am posting a pix out of the kitchen window. It's thru the screen, so it's a little weird. And yes, there's a crack in the glass. Last big windstorm shook the window so hard it cracked.

A dear friend from NYC is coming for a few days to see her son who is in college nearby. He's got some freshman year angst and she's not going to hover, just let him know he's safe. He could call me, but, hey ... he's a kid. Not used to house guests but she's bringing a bunch of movies with her for us to binge watch. She's a working actress and as a member of the Academy she gets copies to watch at her leisure so she can vote. Fun for me since I don't get out to the movies.(Without name dropping, if you've ever watched Law & Order you'd recognize her ... she played the medical examiner for 20 years, and she currently has a featured role on Gotham.)

Swedie is coming Friday night to do a couple of things for me before she arrives so a long-overdue repair in bathroom can get done. Doesn't bother me, but it might her. My mom said there's nothing like the threat of company to get things done.

Sending you all lots of love.

Blessings,

Martie

backyard 2-15-17.jpg

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon friends,

It sounds like some of you are having severe storms. It is 69 here! We have had a most unusual February with warm weather. We really need some snow though. Everything is so dry. I'm taking it easy today as I feel I am coming down with something. 

Helen, I hope you are sleeping well and feeling better, friend. My Lug bag came yesterday and I really like it. I got the pink camo color and it is so pretty. I love all the organization it has. 

Katte, hi!  I'm not familiar with James Avery jewelry but it sounds very nice. I will look it up. I hope you got your car fixed. I hate having car problems. How is your weather?

Mochahoney,  I'm so happy for you finding so many cousins!  I know you work hard on your genealogy and it is nice having it pay off. My sister does that for our family.  

Hayfield, my DH has been working on our taxes too. He's the financial brains of the family. 😉  Your DD's dog sounds so cute. I hope we will be able to see a picture of him one day. 

Loves, sending good thoughts and prayers for your DBIL's. I can only imagine what a difficult situation it must be. Take care!

Martie, that is some storm you had!! What fun to stay in and watch movies with your friend.  Take care and stay well. 

Warm wishes and and blessings to you all! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Another busy day here! Did a gingerbread bundt cake for tomorrow's Extension meeting. I used a 6 Cup pan and a 3 Cup pan. I still have to do the rum flavored glaze for the top and sides.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I'm so glad you're happy with your Lug bag. They're just perfect for a getaway. Mine is black, but I do like the camo colors. I'm sorry you might be getting sick. I'm feeling a little better, but still not feeling well. This morning I woke up with a bad headache which I never do. I had some coffee which helped. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest😊

@MartieHugs, I loved the view of snow from your window! If you hadn't mentioned the crack, I wouldn't have noticed. I'm glad you have someone to help clear a way for you to get out. I've heard that's a job. Have a great time watching movies with your friend from the Academy. How nice is that!  I'd love it since I don't get out to the movies much either. 

@LTT1, Hospice will/should  be a big help for you and your DH. I'm glad you'll be signing up. Prayers for DBIL's with their procedures and so grateful you'll have DBIL's DD to be there for her Dad🙏

@Hayfield, Since we don't belong to wine clubs, we decided on the mix. We're excited to get it, and it will be fun tasting each one. I'll let you know what we think!

@MariotaMurielle, How exciting being in touch with cousins you've never met or heard of. Maybe at some point you'll meet or at least trade photos. You've worked hard on this and stuck with it, so I know how important it is to you. Sounds so interesting!

DH took me to a couple different eye places today to pick out new glasses.  I didn't find any I liked at Costco. I picked out a pair that should be ready in about 10 days. I don't think I mentioned the doctor said I may need cataract surgery in a couple years on my left eye. My right eye is almost perfect. Has anyone had that? I'm just glad it's not needed now!

Waving Hi to Everyone! Good Night!😊❤

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi everyone. all the plants around here think it's spring, so allergy season has arrived early. pollen is everywhere. my daffodils are blooming and my azaleas will bloom soon.

@MartieHugs, I may be the only person in the US who never watches Law & Order, so I would have to Google your friend to know who she is. at any rate, it sounds like a fun "girls weekend". laugh and eat and enjoy every minute.

@SleeplessinSD, my DH had cataracts removed bilaterally a few years ago. he said it was like not realizing the room was dark, and then someone turns the lights on! of course, if you only have an issue in one eye, you may not even notice a difference in your vision.  the 3 cousins I just discovered are all on FB, so we have connected there and have shared photos, old and new.

@snardy, 2 of the 3 cousins I just found live in Colorado. Montrose. do you know where that is? hope you'll feel better tomorrow.

@katte, I have my mother's wedding set too. I don't wear it very often, but I love just knowing that I have it. I hope they fixed your car. I hate having car problems.

@JustJazzmom, I've never heard of a gingerbread bundt cake, but I'll bet it was delicious. is there still snow on the ground?

@Hayfield, your DD's puppy will be precious. I don't think I've ever seen a tri-colored Corgi. it would be a lot of fun to belong to wine clubs, but since I've developed this enzyme issue, I can't even enjoy one glass. oh well...

@LTT1, we've had quite a throw-back Thursday on FB, haven't we? I just got in a throw-back sort of mood and found all those old pics I posted. it was fun. hope the brothers-in-law are doing OK and you & DH can get some rest tonight.

special hellos to Boyzs, RetRN, Catwhisperer, Shorelady, Fancy, Mistic, and all our friends I may have forgotten to mention.

here's a Gulfport Harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Morning! Up early to get out for a 10AM meeting. 

I have to shower, get dressed and wrap up the cake to take.

The King Arthur Flour site had the recipe which I initially saw in December on FB. 

I liked that the 12 Cup amount fit into a 6 Cup and a 3 Cup bundt to so we get to have a little cake for us this weekend.

Here is the recipe: I made one substitution-- instead of water for the batter, I used milk. I also used the spices listed instead of gingerbread spice. For the glaze I used Bacardi white rum along with the cinnamon & ginger.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gingerbread-bundt-cake-recipe

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼