Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@MariotaMurielle

How fun to get to help give that deer hunting 🦌 cabin a feminine touch! (LOL😃)

I know it is like roughing-it a little bit. At least it is not a tent!

Several of my boy students were so very proud to have deer-hunting as one of their interests!

It was nice when they shared their adventures (usually) with me. 😃

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

today is February 1st and the civil defense sirens came on at noon. they test the sirens on the 1st day of every month at 12:00. sometimes I forget it's the first and for a few seconds wonder what's going on. one good thing is our siren is almost directly across the street from our house. so whenever they turn it on for a tornado warning, we don't have any trouble hearing it. do they test the sirens every month where you live?

DH said tonight if I keep cooking like I have for the past 2 nights, maybe he ought to go away for a week at a time more often Smiley Happy

it's been such a beautiful day here. it's made me start thinking about gardening. I know we'll have another really cold snap before it's actually spring, but for now the weather is tricking all kinds of flowering bushes and trees. my daffodils have all come up around the bird bath. they don't always bloom, but they always show up.

I hope eveyone has had a great day.

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all our friends.

here's a Gulfport Harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Respected Contributor

Hey ladies ~ Sorry I have been MIA.  Medical issues in the family.  I plan to read back some, and catch up on all of you soon.

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY!Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic, good to see you.

Finally a day without icy or snowcovered roads. Went out this morning and did all of my errands. I picked up 2 books at the library--"The Girl on the Train" and "The Girl in the Ice" (it sounds like a  good murder mystery).

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee this morning but the roads were icy so we cancelled.  The sun is out now and it is sunny but cold.

I started cleaning out my closet again and, with disappointment, discovered that a lot of my newer clothes aren't fitting me anymore. I guess, as I approach 70, my "girlish" figure is changing. UGH!😕

DH is making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and it smells so good! 

What are you all up to today?

Hi Mochahoney,  I wish we had sirens out here in the country, but we don't. I think we need tornado and wildfire sirens especially.  What have you been cooking for your DH?  I get into such a rut with meals and some new ideas would be welcome. I can't believe you have daffodils up already! Is that typical for your area? We usually don't have flowers popping up until April but then we have a big snow and that's the end of the flowers. I think seeing all the spring clothes in the stores is making me wish for spring, but here it's a long way off!

Hello to Mistic, RetRN, Helen, Hayfield, (where are you?) Katte, boyzs, and everyone else. Have a great day and many blessings! ❤

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! Visited a Macy's at a large mall and found a London Fog red peacoat! I even found it in petite sizing! 

Having unseasonably warm winter weather here -- in the 40's. 

Have a great Thursday everyone! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hi JJM, good for you for finding a nice red coat! I have a red coat and I love it!

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

Snardy wrote:
Hi Mochahoney,  I wish we had sirens out here in the country, but we don't. I think we need tornado and wildfire sirens especially.  What have you been cooking for your DH?  I get into such a rut with meals and some new ideas would be welcome. I can't believe you have daffodils up already! Is that typical for your area? We usually don't have flowers popping up until April but then we have a big snow and that's the end of the flowers. I think seeing all the spring clothes in the stores is making me wish for spring, but here it's a long way off!

@snardy, my DH has pretty "homespun" taste as far as food goes (well, really, as far as most things go). he doesn't care for fancy or elaborate or "foreign" (as he calls it) food. the night he got home I made deer steak (back strap) cooked in gravy with rice and green beans. last night I made turnip greens, pinto beans, cornbread and pork chops. I brown my pork chops on the stovetop first with just a tablespoon or so of oil, then add some low sodium beef stock and some onion slices and cook them in the oven (covered) until they are tender. I do the same (with chicken stock) when I cook chicken breasts. tonight we had a baked ham and the leftover greens, beans and cornbread.
my daffodils have been tricked into thinking it's spring, I think. they usually don't come up until mid-late February and bloom in March. it's almost like we've hardly even had a winter, but I know it will get cold again. every once in a while it even snows in March and I suspect that's what will happen this year.
“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Jpg

Good night!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~