Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@SleeplessinSD.....I am SOOO tired of this rain. My cats are so scared and nervous. We had a big boomer this morning and my big boy took off running. Both cats have been holed up in my bedroom all day. DH has been cleared to be left by himself while I go out, so that situation has improved. I only go out for 30-45 minutes at a time. A caregiver still comes once a week for a longer period of time. I have to dodge the storms, but am dealing with it. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Helen47 wrote:

@JustJazzmom, thank you very much for that advice. Because of our drought situation here, we're looking at succulents with flowers and perennials mixed in. We've bought some landscaping magazines at Lowes and are getting ideas. It's not a large area, but we're excited and it will be fun!😊

Look for under google for 'xeriscape plants' that term will bring up more choices besides succulents-- these adapt to less water usage over time. In other words, water them until they establish and once established do not need a ton of water to survive. Look for prairie plants that grow on the plains -- echinacea, evening primrose, gaillardia, daylilies, butterfly weed (achillea), daisies, coreopsis, lilies & salvia.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello friends. y'all sound pretty busy with all kinds of things but I admit I've been a little lazy lately and haven't accomplished much of anything. I've just done what was necessary around the house and otherwise, I've just been concentrating on reading. the Death in Salem book was ok, not great, but had some interesting bits from a historical perspective. I checked out The Front (Patricia Cornwell) and about 10 pages into it, I realized I had already read it. so now I'm reading Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich. I'm not sure about it yet, but it's ok so far.

@snardy, I have a slight shoe obsession. when I was working I wore clogs every day with my scrubs. when I retired I went a little bit wild and bought more shoes and boots than I've ever owned in my life. that was kind of dumb, since I don't go out enough to justify having so many shoes. what kind of outfit and shoes did you buy?

@katte, taking off is a good idea since you have a UTI and a stomach bug. you need to rest and take care of yourself! I hope you feel better very soon. we have Directv and we couldn't see the Packers game either.

@Mistic,what part of the country is your Hooterville in? since you mentioned fires, I'm guessing you're out west? I don't like high winds either. we have 100 foot tall pine trees that snap like tooth picks, and oak trees that tend to just topple over, so winds make us a little nervous. hope your weather has settled down.

I know how hard it is when you're worried about your elderly parents. my dad died a couple of years ago at the age of 90. he was beginning to get to that point where my brother and sister and I were having conversations about caring for him and his wife. after he died, my stepmother (who is now 95) finally realized that she didn't need to live alone anymore, so she sold their house and moved into an assisted living facility. now she's being taken care of and we don't have to worry about her.

@SleeplessinSD, I've been seeing reports on the news about rain, floods, mudslides and snow in California. I guess no part of the country is without severe weather of one sort or another. the photos I've seen of your back yard are so beautiful.  have fun at your volunteer job tomorrow. will you do margaritas after work? Smiley Happy

@catwhisperer, I'm so sorry about your balcony. I know it was a place of peace and meditation for you. when the rains stop, hopefully you can fix it back up and have a place to retreat to again. I hope your DH is still doing well. we miss you ( and no, you were not complaining too much). come back when you feel like it.

@Hayfield, 15,000 steps? that's a lot of steps. I wish I had your energy. you're going to be so busy getting those window treatments taken care of, you'll probably get more than 10,000 easily every day. it's good that you and DH can compete, even if he does always win Smiley Happy. we got our DD the Fitbit (that looks like a watch) that was a TSV in October (or thereabouts) for Christmas and she loves it. this one can sync to your phone (like an Apple watch). she has to turn the phone/message feature off at work since they aren't allowed to have their phones on during work hours.

@JMM, I don't think I've ever used a liquid eyeliner. I'm pretty sure I would make a huge mess out of it. I like a soft pencil that I can smudge. my favorites are Tarte Smoldereye, Urban Decay 24/7 and Dior.

@LTT1, if you find an interesting book about English history, please let me know. oh, and your profile pic on FB...wow, beautiful.

I hope all is well out Texas way...

hi to Boyzs, Shorelady, Martie, Fancy, RetRN, 3suwm5, AuntG, Hooty and all our friends here.

here's a Pascagoula shipyard sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@SleeplessinSD.....I am SOOO tired of this rain. My cats are so scared and nervous. We had a big boomer this morning and my big boy took off running. Both cats have been holed up in my bedroom all day. DH has been cleared to be left by himself while I go out, so that situation has improved. I only go out for 30-45 minutes at a time. A caregiver still comes once a week for a longer period of time. I have to dodge the storms, but am dealing with it. 

@catwhisperer, OMG, that thunder this morning scared the you know what out of me too! Your poor kitties! I don't blame them for being nervous and scared. My friend lives out in Menifee and she sent me pictures of their streets flooded. So far, we're OK with that. Im glad your DH is well enough that you're able to leave him alone. I'm sure it helps and is nice to get out for just a bit. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers😊🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom, I've written all your suggestions/ideas down for plants. You mentioned a few I really like. Thank you again for your help...I'm sure I'll be asking more advice later!😊

~H~
Respected Contributor

Night Ladies ~ I'm sure you are all dreaming the good dreams by now, but I will just babble on a little anyways.

hayfield ~ Way to go on the steps per day.  Back in the Olden Days when I had a great job, I had a step tracker, and averaged 18,000 steps a day.  No way now.  I do a mile on the treadmill while reading, and I don't need a stair stepper, as I am always going up or down for something, and come back with something, but not what I went for.  So back I go, over and over!  LOL

catwhisperer ~ So sorry to hear that your balcony got trashed.  Hopefully you can get it back to the way you love it soon.  I have a small one, and do like putting things out there, especially  in spring and summer when I can put out flowers and plants.  

katte ~ Hope you get to feeling better.  Take care, and take it easy!

mochahoney ~ We live in south central PA.  Not far from the MD border.  The 1st fire was in my Ole' Home Country.  Minnesota.  Got transplanted here (DH's Job) almost 16 years ago.  Still don't like it here.  Just want to go HOME.  2nd fire was here in what I call Hooterville.

I know there were others I wanted to say things too, but my memory is mush, and everything is on the previous page, so I'm afraid I will lose what babble I got if I go back to look.  Next time I will take notes!

See you tomorrow.  And thanks again for letting me join you all!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for all the "well wishes."   I am feeling a little better than I did yesterday.  I'm just going to take it easy today.  Everyone have a good day.

@SleeplessinSD  I'm glad the Macrobid works for you, but the doctor put me on that last year and it made me sick, so I'm on Cipro. So far so good.  Just taking it easy today. 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I was up early today and got to the gym and now I'm getting ready to meet my friend, we're doing lunch and a movie.  We're seeing "The Founder", about the beginnings of McDonalds.  My friend wants to see it and the theatre we're going to is $5  Tuesday.  Getting our windows tomorrow!  Excited but lots of work getting ready and then lots of work getting things back together.  I hope that everyone has a great day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom

58FFF74F-3955-438E-BBB0-9972CB8EE893-12897-00000BC73B1442DD_tmp.png

Wish I could paint like this!

@MariotaMurielle

Thinking of you and yours and hoping all is well now after the storms.

@katte

Hope you are feeling better!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@katte

otes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/feel-better-soon.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~