Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

THANK YOU Ladies!  I will give this a shot after my Sons Dr. Apt.  Gotta get a face on so I don't scare anyone.  See Ya Later.Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

hello friends and happy new year, even though i am a little late in stopping by to say that! 

hope all is well with y'all ... it will take me some time to catch up, but i do plan on stopping by more.  (i think i said that once before LOL)

life got a little out of hand for me from june till december.  i guess i have settled in and re-adjusted my sails (you know ... from one of  my favorite sayings: "you can't change the wind, but you can adjust your sails").

anyway, i wanted to try really hard and not stress because that sends me into a colitis flare, so i decided to just knuckle down and keep my life to only the basics.  i was sort of in survival mode i guess.  it did work because not only did i not get sick, but my holidays were the very best ever as far as relationships.  the kids all came, we all got along and there were no incidents (that so often happen over the holidays) and we all seemed to be more loving, gracious and thoughtful than ever.  it was truly the best.  

mike and i are doing great, although we put the screeching halt on house hunting/moving.  (LOL).    don't know exactly how this will all turn out, but i have complete faith that we will land just exactly where we are supposed to.  and in the meantime, we are great!

better not write too much more, because i seem to remember getting 'poofed' a lot when i got a little too wordy.

hope to catch up with you all and wish you all a great today ...

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy, so good to see you back. I saw that picture of the hot dog you posted on FB. it's lunch time and I have to admit, it looked so good Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good day friends,

Boy, is it ever windy today. DH said this is the worst wind we have ever had here!!  All the seeds blew out of the bird feeder. Some birds miles away will be getting a little treat!  I just hate wind! It is blowing about 51 mph!! At least the temperature is mild. 

Katte,  the dog in the hammock is so cute! What is more relaxing than a rest in a hammock?  I need to make a run to Costco too. I can never get out of there with just the items on my list, though. 

Mochahoney,  yay! So glad you have your water back. 

Helen,  dear friend, thanks for missing me 😊 I'm sorry to hear you are still having sleep problems. I do too. I'm so envious of my DH. He puts his head on the pillow and he's out! 💤 I agree that it takes longer to take decorations down than it does to put them up! UGH. It isn't as fun either. Are you back at the hospital yet?

Hayfield,  I hope you are keeping warm!! How many hours is your shift? I'm glad your DD will have lots of help moving. That reminds me of a New Years Eve several years ago. My DH was having heart problems and I had to call 911. We had had a big snow and DH wasn't able to get out and shovel. The firemen came and while a couple of them tended to my hubby, the rest of the firemen shoveled outside and moved all of our Christmas decorations downstairs for us. They were the nicest men and I will never forget their kindness. 

Fancy pantsy,  nice to hear from you!  What a wonderful holiday you had with your family.  I admire how you have a positive outlook with your life and have gotten your stress under control. It's amazing how many medical problems can be exacerbated by stress. 

Keep warm everyone! Sending many blessings to everybody. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

2DE61928-17C4-44C4-98B7-378D5DB1D113-10561-00000A024F65B0D1_tmp.png

This might "do" for a dress!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@snardy

That is just the nicest story about those firemen who helped you!

@MariotaMurielle

Im reading that your water is back on! YAY🎉 

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

Your picture last evening was so peaceful and beautiful!

@SleeplessinSD

I hope you got all rested up! We watched the Steelers game yesterday with our eyes half closed! Are you returning for volunteer tomorrow? I lose track occasionally of my days! Always look forward to ur special movie/ take out on the weekends tho!

We watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" again yesterday. I think I had forgotten it was so nostalgic in many ways. 

Then we watched "Sully" and really liked it!

Saturday Night Fever is waiting for me... I'm "meh" about it but love the music!

Our other claims to fame were re-watching "American Graffiti" and "The Devil Wears Prada." Gotta get those sound tracks!

@fancy pantsy

It is good to hear from you, stranger! So glad you have been able to "deal" and I'm wishing you a peaceful 2017!

Honored Contributor

IMG_5975.PNG

This was LaLEXI!🎉 at the ICE show bravely going down the ice slide. No encouragement needed! I was very bummed that my phone quit (6s) at this very moment. It came back on after warming up. 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy, so happy to hear that you enjoyed the holidays with your family. I always worry when I don't see someone post for awhile. Glad to know all is well with you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone - Just stopping by for a quick "hello".  The wind has picked up in the last hour or so.  It's not cold outside, but it is kind of overcast.  We are supposed to get colder weather Friday and Saturday with the possiblity of snow showers (mostly up in the mountains).  It has been a quiet day for me.  I am baking a Marie Callendar Latice Apple pie for dessert tonight.  I plan to fix ribs in my pressure cooker later on.  I have only fixed them in the crockpot in the past, so thought I would give it a try.  So far everything I have cooked in the pressure cooker has turned out really good. 

I Hope everyone is having a good day.  I will check back later........