Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Katte--It sounds like you had a nice trip into Tucson, except for the traffic.  Traffic in our area is always crazy and as I get older I enjoy dealing with it less & less. 

Helen47--Yes, I like you, try to be fair when it comes to my two children.  DD gave me a list of things that she wanted for her apartment but DS just wanted a new pair of shoes, which we went shopping for after Xmas and then I gave him some money.  DD's birthday was the other day and I got her a little table and 2 chairs from Wayfair for her birthday present.  

Mochahoney--That's awful!  Your water problem!  They should've been there ASAP!  I do hope your neighbors don't get water in their houses.  

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--Since we have a 2 car garage I rarely remember to put my wipers up, like yesterday, I was at work all day and with the snow I should've put them up when I parked my car but didn't.  

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

Justjazzmom--Since we have a 2 car garage I rarely remember to put my wipers up, like yesterday, I was at work all day and with the snow I should've put them up when I parked my car but didn't.  

No garage here! Just a driveway! One of the last houses in our area to have just a driveway. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle,  So sorry you are experiencing water problems.  I hope it is resolved quickly.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

the city crew is out there this morning working on the busted pipe. maybe we'll have water by tonight. 3 nights without a shower is, well.....not good.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

That water situation is awful! (Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen here, but you never know).

LaLEXI!🎉 had her 3rd Birthday party yesterday at a trampoline place. She had a "Sofia" party/cake. (Cartoon character)

Now I will post a pic of something LUKE!🎉 thought up yesterday, too:

IMG_5949.JPG

"LADDER" formed out of the bottled water and play dough box because he wanted to reach the light switch. LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

I hope they fix your situation fast and that neither your house or your neighbor's is damaged!

@SleeplessinSD@Katcat1@JustJazzmom@katte

We are slowly, but surely getting well. This is the first am of no coughing.

So glad the fuzzy little eaglet is doing well!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We got about 6" here and son and I cleared both walkways, driveway to street and son cleared off 1st car in driveway before I moved it 10' to clear the fallen snow that was around the car. 

We are taking a short break -- I'm having a can of cream of chicken soup w milk and son had the rest of the Bolognese sauce with pasta. 

We are on a Southern exposure so the snow if any left behind melts quickly. The worst of the snow is where people trod on it this AM ringing our doorbell at 8AM asking if we wanted it cleared! I chose to remain in bed! 

Hope you get a nice hot shower later today @MariotaMurielle!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Good morning friends!

I'm sorry about all the inclement weather a lot of you have been having. We had some snow and very cold weather but nothing like some of you had. Take care!

I'm sorry too, that some of you have been sick. DH and I are still in recovery mode after 6 weeks. DH still has a cough. We had severe bronchitis and sinus infections. My DH says this is the sickest he has been in his life!  I think too, as we age, it takes longer to recover. 

Mochahoney,  the picture of your neighbor's house looks serious. I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you all well prepared but it still is a scary situation. I hope it gets resolved soon!  I thought the wedding thread was interesting. Fortunately, our kids had simple weddings. We could never have afforded what that family was willing to pay. I hope you and DH are feeling better. Take good care!!

Hayfield,  how nice that you are home with DH today. It certainly would be no fun being out in that cold. I hope the weather clears up for your DD move. 

KatCat,  I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook too. There are a few recipes that I make consistently. I have the newer version of the book too, but I still like some of the older recipes better. Stay warm!!  

Helen, thanks for the warm welcome back. I just love the picture of the girl and the bird. It is absolutely beautiful!  I agree with you one hundred percent about the wedding thread. Do you have all your Christmas decorations put away yet?  Our tree is the only thing we have left to put away. We will do it this week. 

JJM,  wow, that is a lot of snow. Stay warm and safe!!

RetRN,  I'm watching football and doing laundry too. I miss my Broncos!

Katte,  I missed you! We have well water too. How are things at the hospital?  

Loves,  Happy Birthday to Lexie!!  Such a cute picture of Luke. My twins used to climb like that too to reach things only they climbed on each other!!  I hope you are feeling better. This illness is so hard to get over. Take care!

Hello to Mistic and everyone else!!  Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb