Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@SleeplessinSD

Thank you so much for the Dolly Parton book site! I can't wait to look into this! The books are so beloved by our little DGs and I'm grateful that they love "book reading time!"

Glad you are getting well.

Sounds as if you are "highly promotable!" Maybe a high-powered executive career is in the offing for u! (I know you like the way things are right now!

@Hayfield

I'm playing "catch up" with putting away holiday items and such. DH put the tree away yesterday (bless him). We are sending things to our DD that wouldn't fit with them on the plane!

@SleeplessinSD@Hayfield@MariotaMurielle (did I miss any other sick ones of us?) It has been just one week since my crud began and it is not gone yet (still not much voice) but feeling much better.

The story of the insurance and trying to get a CT scan was interesting. My many calls were conducted either "by proxi" or by the famous "hoarse screaming method!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle LOL!

Would it matter if it was tunic length? Woman LOL

I was fortunate to find a yellow bug light in LED wattage! Plus found a Bayer 100 Ct. with the non safety lid -- makes it easier to open. My local supermarket and local Walgreens didn't have it but this Stop & Shop did!

I changed out the existing bug light which is a CFL type and moved that one to our back door light.

Can't believe how fast this day is going by!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

KatCat1--I totally forgot to tell you that if the method of getting rid of skin tags works, let me know!  I have a lot of them and the last time I went to the Derm. Doctor for another issue I had a few removed and like you said, insurance didn't cover them.  I would really like to find a way to get rid of them myself.

Respected Contributor

Funny Story to Share--DH came home and I told him that I got our marriage certificate.  I told him that I hope this means I don't have to "jump through hoops" to get his retirement if he goes first.  He said that he'll make sure to tell them, when he files the papers, to make sure I have to jump through "many hoops" to get it!  He's such a dear!!!!!!!!!!!  He's also was saying how he didn't realize how much work it is to retire!!!! I said, you work for ther government, what did you think????????

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--The conversation of books takes me back to the time when my kids were little and "reading time" was always on DH's and mine "big bed", according to the kids, they always wanted to read in our bedroom on our "big bed"! I can say that one of my favorite book to read to them was "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe".  There also was other favorites especially for Halloween, Xmas, etc.  You must love that special time of reading with your grandchildren.  When DS was in 4th grade, DD was in kindergarten and it was only 1/2 day back then and she had the morning session.  Sometimes I'd pick her up and we'd do lunch, go to Costco and sometimes look at model homes.  I was appraising part time then and she loved going to model homes, funny!  Anyway on days when we did our reading in the afternoon on "the big bed", sometimes we fell asleep and DS ringing and ringing the doorbell and would wake us up.  It was my "special time" with DD.  Memories are so precious.

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield,  I will certainly let you know if this skin tag medicine works.  I am being hopeful right now.  Take care.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good Evening.  You know it is very cold out when the UPS guy shows up with a hat that covers his forehead and he has his ultra warm jacket on.  He is such a nice guy and I missed him around Christmas because the holiday crews are on.  Today was quiet. I am getting some chores done and will go into the storage room this Friday to get the containers for my Christmas decos.  I am going to give some away or donate.  I love the decos but hate taking them done so I decided to down size again.  I always feel like I am down sizing as I age but it is a good thing.  Enjoy your evening.  I am going to enjoy a gangster movie St. Valentine's Day Massacre on Retro channel.  Ava is cat napping.  :catvery-happy:

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

good Wednesday evening friends. it was a very quiet day here. I just did a little work around the house, listed and sold a couple of things on eBay and read.

our 20 year old garage door opener died yesterday. DH went out today and bought a new one and it will be installed tomorrow. this one has a "smart sync" feature so I can open & close it with my phone, check the status of it and also get an alert if something is wrong with it or it opens while we're not home. I'm not sure how much I'll use that, but I guess it will be nice to have just in case.

@Hayfieldand @LTT1, your posts about reading brought back some sweet memories. Peter Rabbit and Winnie The Pooh were my daughter's favorite stories and we read them a lot. I have read about Dolly Parton's book program and I'm sure it has been a blessing to so many children who might not have otherwise been able to have their own book.

tomorrow I plan to go into civilization. I have a couple of small errands to run and I've had a little bit of a craving for lox & bagels for some reason lately and the best place to buy them are about 25 miles away. since I need to go in that direction anyway, that will be on my list of things to do.

I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm sending kind thoughts and blessings to all.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

All our Christmas things are put away and the house looks so bare! Weird, because we put everything back the way it was, and it didn't seem that way before. I didn't think we decorated as much as usual, but it still took us the better part of the day to finish. DH took down all the outdoor lights too. Needless to say, we both ache and are tired! I'm just so glad we're done...

@Hayfield, DH said the same thing about all the work to retire. He's still waiting on answers to our health care coverage and some other stuff. Thank goodness he's taking care of it all. He's good at detail. I'm not!  Ha! We also had to provide marriage certificates. They don't make the process easy that's for sure. Yes, my manager said they're looking for someone to work in ER and surgery. ER could mean evenings, although rarely. I said I'd think about it. I need to see how everything goes with DH and retirement. Like I said, I'm happy with things now. Loved your story about reading with DD on the "big bed"...so sweet!

@JustJazzmom@MariotaMurielle, I took a break and peeked in here midway through Christmas decluttering, and laughed at the sweater "saga"..I do hope that was a long tunic!  Too funny! @JustJazzmom, I have to ask what the cayenne peanut butter on the tree is for? I'm guessing, but not sure...

@LTT1, sounds like you worked at getting things put away today too. Ha! My high exec, promotable days are over. Just give me something fun, where I don't have to get up too early to do! Continue to feel better...we miss you when you're gone!

@katte, I think you said you went back volunteering today...do you have a permanent location now? I like always knowing where I'm working, so I pretty much stay at one place.

Waving Hi to Everyone! Have a safe, warm, relaxing rest of the evening!😊❤🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

The cayenne peanut butter suet is a block that gets hung in a suet feeder -- vinyl wrapped wire box with a hook for hanging on a tree.

Birds like the high fat of the peanut butter and do not taste the cayenne pepper. Mammals like squirrels do not like the cayenne pepper -- too hot! so they avoid it. 

My particular suet feeder is in the shape of a low roofed house where one part of the roof lifts up to slip the suet block in. The wire that the birds hang onto is below the roof. Birds like starlings cannot eat it as they do not cling upside down the way woodpeckers, chickadees and nuthatches do. 

Lots of fun to watch the birds eat.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼