Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Lovestoteach--Are you feeling any better?  Has your voice returned?  I hate being sick.  I'm finally feeling better from that cold, it took only about two weeks and now I'm heading back to work.  I sure hope I don't get sick again.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning! I'm relaxing a little befor getting ready to volunteer.  it's time! Like Katte, being off was nice, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up. I got an email from my manager she wants to see me about another position, possibly another day to add to the schedule I have...I'm not sure, we'll see. I like my schedule now!

Everyone...have a great day! BBL!!😊

~H~
Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - first day to myself since December 23rd.  We were busy, on the go most everyday.  I've spent the last 2 days doing laundry and putting things away.  Getting back to that dreaded paperwork part of my life, it just never ends.

I can't say I'm retired, as I've been very lucky to be a stay-at-home Mom the last 28-1/2 years.  We have 2 sons - 28, 26.  Both are single; although one believes he will propose this year, so we may have a wild year ahead.  Both have full-time jobs, thank the good lord.  We all live in the western half of the U.S.

My DH works part-time now, can't seem to give it up yet.  With healthcare costs and such, it's a big decision.

All three of my men have good jobs - 2 metallurgists and 1 business analyst.  Hoping the working world continues to get stronger.

We hope to relocate back down to the south end of the U.S. after retirement, fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies A late start for me today.  I am off to the post office and Walgreens.  Today is Senior Day at Walgreens with 20% off so I want to pick up the Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil.  I used this years ago and got out of the habit but want to get back in the habit.  You apply after you shower before you towel dry.  It's also a good time to pick up greeting cards at a discount.  I have several birthdays coming up.  I'll be back later but I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Cat Very Happy

Again, WELCOME to any new comers.  Post soon.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@3suwm5

Hi! Yes, that paperwork is not fun, is it? I am in agreement with you!

DH loves finance, so he "watches" the stock market. That is his retirement hobby. He also sells my stuff on eBay for pennies! He doesn't care ... finally he understands (I think) that money is not the measure of a man. We say "SUCCESS" when items LEAVE THE HOUSE! LOL

@Katcat1

I hope you got your sesame oil. DD gave me a cranberry sugar scrub and it leaves my skin so smooth. First "bath item" I have enjoyed using in a long time!

I am missing all... getting well and we are putting stuff away from the holidays! I am not sure WHERE (LOL) b/c it is still needing to be a forced whisper --- haha

Hoping everyone is well? @MariotaMurielle Are you well now? Our temp has fallen to 40* this evening.

waving hi and will post later

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

good evening friends. I got a new book today and spent way too much time just reading. but after my surprise energy burst yesterday, I did most of what needed to be done for now anyway Smiley Happy

today it was 75 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 45. only in Mississippi do you get spring and winter in 2 days.

@LTT1, I'm feeling much better. I'm better, Hayfield, Katte & Helen are better. it's time for you to be better too.

here's a Mississippi River sunset at Natchez.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, bridge, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone! Got home a little bit ago. I'm tired, but in a good way. Got right back into the swing of things at the hospital. It was almost like I never left! Very busy, so the time seemed to go by fast. I spent any free time seeing/visiting friends I hadn't seen since I took leave. All in all it was a good day and nice to be back.

@3suwm5, Retiring is a big decision. DH has worked for the 50 years we've been married, only taking off several years ago when he had heart surgery. His company offered a great retirement package for those who qualified. He turned 70 this year and just felt like it was the right time. Exciting you may be planning for a wedding this year. You'll have to keep us posted!

@Hayfield, I can't remember sleeping in until 8 AM. Lucky you! I hope you enjoyed your alone time today. It's nice to have our daily routines back to normal after the holidays. Although, for me, with DH retired I'm waiting to see what normal is, lol! 

@MariotaMurielle, sounds like you had a relaxing day. I'm glad your DH is feeling better. Mine is a little too. I checked the cam a couple times today and caught a glimpse of E9. Adorable! I think they're giving up on the second egg hatching😟

Waving Hi to Outofcontrol, RetRN, boyzs, Katte, JustJazzMom, Kat, Catwhisperer, Snardy and all our friends old and new!  Good Night!❤🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1I am so sorry you are sick.  I know you are getting better but it takes a little time to feel 100%.  Glad you stopped by to say hi   I love all kinds of body lotions (I have a variety), and scrubs are very nice as they make your skin feel like silk.  Enjoy.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielleGlad you brought up the Pre-Infusion Mode as I skipped right by it.  I will try it in the morning.  I have to say that I wish it was a flick of a switch to enable because I always unplug my coffeemaker unit so I will have to enable this feature every morning.  I am anxious to see if it makes more of a difference in the taste of the coffee.  I will let you know.  Get ready for colder weather.  We are going into the teens for the next 3 days and single digits at night.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,   I found a Homeopathic product for skin tags made from different essential oils so I am going to give it 3 weeks and if I don't see results, I will return it to Walgreens.  You apply 3 x a day and it will dry the tags and then fall off.  Hopefully, I did not gross anyone out.  The doctor can freeze them but it has to be a medical reason for doing so otherwise insurance will not cover. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening.  I am watching a program about the police officer, Drew Peterson, that killed 2 wives.  So glad he is in prison.  First, the made for TV movie was on and now this program "Monster in my Family."  

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength