Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, OPI Strawberry Margarita

OPI Nail Lacquer, Strawberry Margarita, 0.5-Fluid Ounce

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@SleeplessinSD, OPI Strawberry Margarita

OPI Nail Lacquer, Strawberry Margarita, 0.5-Fluid Ounce

@MariotaMurielle, Pretty, I like it! Thank you!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday, just got a little busy and didn't get around to it.  It was cold yesterday and I went to lunch and to the movies with my neighbor this time instead of my co-worker.  Today, we're going out to a vineyard to pick up our wine.  We didn't get to pick up our wine the last time they had a release, so we have 6 bottles to pick up today.  I really want to drop my club membership at this vineyard, not because I don't like the wine, I do, but there's a vineyard out by the other vineyard that we also belong to and this is one is out of the way to get to.  If we drop this one and pick up that one, we'll only have to make one trip.  I don't want to belong to too many vineyards as it gets expensive.  The friends that we go to the vineyards a lot with must belong to about 15 vineyards, two is enough for us! Even if I did want to belong to that many, it would be too many to keep track of! 

Movie Review--Brooklyn--This was a really cute movie, about a young Irsh girl who comes to America in the early 1950's to start a new life.  It's more of a "sleeper" movie, didn't get too much attention when it first came out but got a few Academy Award nonimations.  Definitely get it or downstream  it on your TV when it comes to TV.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--It sounds like you're ready for the big game tomorrow.  It's just going to be the two of us tomorrow, so I got a little roasting chicken that I'll stuff, we'll eat before the game.  DD is at VA Beach this weekend and I'm going to send her a text and if she's on her way home tomorrow and wants to stop and have dinner with us, she's welcome.  I haven't heard from her since she left last Sunday.  I'm hoping she's enjoying her new, truly independent life!  Enjoy your visit with your sister.  How long will she stay?  I don't know if you ever mentioned your sister being married, maybe you have.  Does she bring her husband with her if she does?  Enjoy Bridge of Spies!  DH & I went to the movies to see and really liked it! 

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--I'm glad your DBIL is home.  If that's where he wants to be, then that's where he should be!  AmVets did pick up my clothes the other day!  Yeah!  I made a big sign and put it high on my front door with an arrow pointing down at the clothes!  The funny thing is they usually give me a call the night before to remind me and they didn't, I decided to put the clothes out anyway and they picked them up, then later that night, the day they picked up the clothes, I got a reminder call they they were coming the next day to pick up the clothes. I had to get a human on the line to tell them that they already came and never got the other reminder call that I should've gotten. 

Respected Contributor

Corismom1--Congratulations on being cancer free!!!!!!!! As far as makeup goes, I probably would go somewhere, like Sephora and let them help you.  I have so much trouble with foundation or BB cream, trying to find the right shade, finding something that doesn't clog my pores, etc. etc.  I was reading these threads one day and there were a lot of people that were recommending Chanel makeup and I decided to try it and I do like it, don't know if I love it.  It was priced a little bit higher than your department store foundations but it wasn't outrageous.  I don't know why they can't make a great foundation to suit every skin type but it's almost impossible to fine one and there are so many out there.  Good Luck! 

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--I have Strawberry Margarita and I love it!  I'll use it on my toenails once I start wearing sandals and the weaather gets warmer.  I wear darker shades in the winter.  I usually just use very nude shades on my fingernails, so when they start to chip, you can't tell.  I haven't been invited to a Super Bowl party in years, we always went when we were younger and they were fun but I just don't want to go out on a Sunday night anymore.  DH is still working and gets up at 5:15 am. 

Honored Contributor

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Well, I had big plans to, hopefully, sleep in a little this morning, but my mind just didn't cooperate. I fell asleep fairly early, around 10:00, but woke up around 2:30😟. It's so funny, because soon after, I get a text from my sister asking if I was awake. I keep my cell phone on a nightstand next to me in case of emergency.  Every once in a while, we'll text each other during the night because we both have trouble sleeping. Anyway, we went back and forth about this weekend, and I dozed off an hour or so later. I told her not to rush this morning getting here, to try and sleep in alittle, so she probably won't arrive until around lunchtime. Everything is ready to go for tomorrow, and it's supposed to be a beautiful day today. I'm sure we'll just hang out in our backyard and relax.

@Hayfield, My sister is a widow. Her DH, who I loved dearly, passed away from liver cancer around 8 years ago. He was 58. The four of us did everything together. They met in high school, had a great marriage and raised three daughters. I really didn't think my sister would get through the pain of losing him, but she's doing amazingly well. She still has bad days, but they are few and far between. We all still miss him. Have a great/fun day at the vineyards picking up your wine. DS belongs to a couple too, and shares with us sometimes. It's nice to never run out! Bridge of Spies was great. Love Tom Hanks! 

Everyone, enjoy and have a great weekend. Keeping good thoughts and saying a prayer that all our friends going through health or other issues, have a better day today.

BBL!❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

HAPPY SATURDAY!

image.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends,

Getting excited about the Super Bowl tomorrow! I would really love to see Peyton go out with a Super Bowl win.  Even though it hasn't been officially announced, the word here in Denver is that this will be his last game.  He deserves to win with all he's been through this season.  GO BRONCOS!!!

Katte,  it's a great feeling to get your taxes done, isn't it?  DH is working on ours.  

Helen,  we won't be counting calories tomorrow either!  There are just some occasions that call for eating good stuff and this is surely one of them!  Thanks for the tip about cruising.  I just take a couple of pairs of black pants and 5 or 6 tops and rotate them.  Black pants can go a long way.  I take light weight, dressy ones for dinner.  The laundry service is very handy albeit expensive.  It is so hard to stick to my shopping list when I go to CostCo!  There are so many temptations.  It sounds like you have a nice day planned tomorrow.  I am so sorry about your sister's husband.  It's very sad that he died so young.  I'm sure you all miss him terribly.  

Mocha,  I love the strawberry margarita polish.  I will be getting some for sure.  I smiled about Princess Daisy and her chicken and dumplings!  Have you ever tried Ceasar dinners for dogs?  They have "home cooked" meals like that.  We mix them in with our dogs' dry food.  They love it!  Glad you will be rooting for the Broncos!  

Loves,  I love the picture of the black puppy.  I am glad your DBIL is home where he wants to be and will do well there.  Shoes are hard to pack.  I usually wrap them up individually and put them in my clothes, in shoe bags of course.  Glad you, too, are pulling for the Broncos!  

Hayfield,  Thanks for the review of Brooklyn.  I wanted to see it.  I think I will take a girlfriend and go next week.  It sounds like a good girl friend movie.   

Have a great weekend all.  Blessings to everyone.  Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb