Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@JustJazzmom... Those pictures of your garden are so pretty!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@JustJazzmom... Those pictures of your garden are so pretty!

Thank you @LTT1

I should get out there when the magnolia is in bloom this year and shoot a photo of it. It reblooms with a secondary bloom in August.

For those interested, it is not a large tree and the blooms come out after the pink saucer shaped ones come out. One of the characteristics of this tree are that the buds are not opening when there is a chance of frost which can cause the buds to brown and fall off. It blooms a little later than the standard pink flowered magnolias here.

It loses its leaves in the fall and doesn't keep its leaves like the Southern Bay magnolias do.

The fragrance is faint on the flowers but if you prune the plant, the sap does have that magnolia scent.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Double straightened.jpegPhoto Mar 04, 10 34 41 AM.jpgThe new replacement mold for the one that broke: Photo Mar 02, 5 09 16 PM.jpg

The original one that is broken: Photo Mar 04, 10 34 18 AM.jpg

Another ceramic piece of my "bunny" collection:

image.jpegCobalt bunny back.jpegDid you ever see ceramics like these back in the 80's?  I am appreciating them more now that one is broken... am trying to find a replacement for it!  I do have the white/green/pink one on order, but I'd really like the tones of the original. : (

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom... Those magnolias are so magnificent!
Regular Contributor

LOVESTOTEACH - Your'e kids are moving back to Pittsburgh?? Do you know what that means?? If and when I get my "act together ", we just might be able to get together! That would be so wonderful! It gives me something to work toward! My kids are great!( thank you for asking) DS#1 and DIL are fine -no babies yet, but she DID get a permanent teaching job! DS#2 is finally dating someone. We like her a lot-hoping for a wedding, but who knows? Guess what? She is a teacher also ! Have a safe, trip! Enjoy those Grandchildren!

Honored Contributor

The bunnies look so cute. It's possible that the Bay might have what you are looking for @LTT1.

Do you have them up all year or at Easter?

Hope all who are still ill with coughs and aches gets over them soon.

Did my 2 mile walk today while playing solitaire!

Honored Contributor

@Spammom... I feel safe now in telling you that DD did not care for living so far away from civilization. She really needs to go into an office and interact. So, this is a welcome change! Yes, please please work toward a meet-up for lunch in the future... We can try for it on our next trip after this one! I am excited!💜
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom... You did good! The bunnies remain up all year. Oh! I have another bunny toy wagon ( small) and put it away because of dust. These items I will name "country French" instead of Easter bunny!
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom.. Do you do extensive seasonal decorating? I am trying to choose year-round things.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@JustJazzmom.. Do you do extensive seasonal decorating? I am trying to choose year-round things.

The only things I really do are change out the dining room tablecloth and a small vase in my living room with seasonal silk flowers. I also have silk flower wreaths that I also change seasonally. 

Right now it's a silk roses wreath and a bouquet of roses and baby's breath in that small vase.

I have a small bunny in Pfaltzgraff 'Tea Rose' pattern that I put on the dining room table around Easter (it holds a tealight) and I have one of those Jim Shore Easter egg baskets that I also put out.