HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

IMG_3611.JPG

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@MartieHugs

My mom has been gone seven years, but it seems longer than this. We were on the "outs" and we both had just settled in this state. I came to be ok with this many years before. She also had dementia and was starting to "live it up" getting lost by car out in the cornfields of IN.

@katte

What happened to Bailey? It sounds painful.

It has been raining here but the temps have been lower.

@SleeplessinSD

Yes... the joke I made about the guy thing ... well, I really feel lucky that we are a solid couple. Still, I noticed that the reunion was bringing back old memories and he is certainly entitled to those! He has been stoic and quiet about the younger days for our whole marriage. But I knew he had a bit of a "Wild" streak back then!

Esteemed Contributor

well, so much for surgery today. they had him hold his BP and BS meds yesterday, as is their routine pre-op procedure. we had supper last night and then he ate a bowl of cereal about 10:30. we got up at 4am to get to the hospital by 6. in the middle of getting him prepped they checked his BS and it was 300.

then the surgeon came in and said it was too risky to do surgery with his BS that high and cancelled the procedure. they gave him a little insulin but the surgeon said his policy is to cancel if the BS is over 200. so, we will be rescheduled.

so disappointing, but we understand that it's safer this way. he will definitely have to work on his diet better than he has been, and he knows that.

so, it's nap time!

talk later...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  Hi - we live on 5 acres and the dogs love to "run" the fence and bark at our neighbor's dogs.  Well in doing so, Bailey cut her foot (on what I don't know).  She cut her left rear pad and sliced it pretty good.  She is doing a lot better today.  I let her out for a little bit this morning for some exercise, but she's inside right now as I want her to rest as much as possible.  She is always getting into some kind of trouble. Smiley Happy  Blake is the male and he seems to stay accident free (hard to figure). 

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,  I just got back from voting and decided to stop and have breakfast.  The polling place was quite busy for late morning but that is a good sign because people are getting out to vote plus we have beautiful weather -- high 60's and sunny.  I hope you all have a great day and have a chance to vote.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Mochahoney, Thank goodness they did not perform the surgery. Maybe it is a wake up call for DH. I hope he is doing well and I hope you are napping.
kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

lovestoteach,  It seems the injection for the Bursitis is helping but I need to go back for another lumbar epidural (I pray it works this time).  San Antonio looks like a very scenic city.  I hope you are doing well.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@katte

Please give Bailey a kiss!

IMG_3625.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1   Thank you for the kind thoughts.  She is asleep on her bed in the family room, but I will give her a kiss from you when she wakes up.  Smiley Happy