Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Katte--Oh, the Christmas tree!  We have a 9 ft. tree and while it takes DH about 5 minutes to put it together, it's pre-lit and comes in just two major sections, it takes me about 3 days to decorate it!  I need a ladder to get to the top of it.  I love it though and it sits in the corner of our family room that has a cathedral ceiling, so I'll keep it for now.  If we ever move, it's definitely not going with us, I don't care how tall the ceilings are in the next house!  That's is we ever do move!  DH still hasn't mentioned retiring yet.  He wanted to take a trip down south this fall to look at places but I told him that until he actually retires I'm really don't want to look.  I've always wanted to north in the fall and that's what we did.  Newport, Rhode Island &  Hudson Valley was so beautiful.  Next year I'd like to go to Boston.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends...😊❤️

IMG_7376.JPG

~H~
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Good Morning - I read in your post that you mentioned that California weather was the only weather you have known.  It struck a memory for me that when I was married to my first husband we did a lot of moving around in California.  He was from San Diego.  We lived in the following cities in California:  Eureka, Tulare, Redding, Santee,  Redding and Fresno.  Eureka was beautiful, but it rained a lot and after awhile it was a little depressing as you hardly ever got to see the sun. Smiley Happy   Anyhow, where we live now we do have the four seasons and I really enjoy it.  I was born and raised in Arizona and I grew up in cities where there really wasn't a winter.

Respected Contributor

Waving Hi to everyone.

DH came home Tuesday and I have been working non-stop ever since. He's doing very well. Fortunately, he sleeps nine hours at night, so I am able to get my rest.

Take care all.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

@SleeplessinSD  Good Morning - I read in your post that you mentioned that California weather was the only weather you have known.  It struck a memory for me that when I was married to my first husband we did a lot of moving around in California.  He was from San Diego.  We lived in the following cities in California:  Eureka, Tulare, Redding, Santee,  Redding and Fresno.  Eureka was beautiful, but it rained a lot and after awhile it was a little depressing as you hardly ever got to see the sun. Smiley Happy   Anyhow, where we live now we do have the four seasons and I really enjoy it.  I was born and raised in Arizona and I grew up in cities where there really wasn't a winter.

@katte, Good Morning! I was raised in West Covina. I met my DH while a senior in high school and soon after graduating, we were married in 1966. We left there and moved to Visalia in1978 when my husband was transferred and promoted with So. Cal. Edison. He worked in Tulare. Since you lived in Tulare/Fresno, I'm sure you're familiar with how foggy it gets there. I can remember going to the grocery store after work, and it was so foggy, I couldn't find my car! We moved back to So. CA. in 1998, again, because of a promotion for DH, and lived in Ventura. DH left Edison in 2000 because he was offered a great job with San Diego Gas and Electric. We moved and have been here since. We have good friends in Santee, it's a nice town. Gosh, it's a small world, right?

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@Hayfield wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@MariotaMurielle

We have had to start using Google maps on our devices in order to go visiting out of town.

It appeared to be a must for us!

IMG_3066.JPG

Lovestoteach--We use google maps on my phone when traveling all the time now.  I have a car charger for the phone since when you're using it, it really s*cks up the battery!

@LTT1, we use Google maps too, I just didn't know you could download photos to it, or even that you could see photos from other people on it.

When we visit in PA, their car has a screen with a map on it and I get confused. We tried programming the car router by ourselves once and oh HAHA we ended up in outer space. I swore after that I would learn on my own!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer,  Wishing you the best  I hope your day brings you much happiness.

Happy Thursday, Ladies.  The leaves are falling more and more and the ground is covered with them.  I am fortunate to have a beautiful red/orange leaf tree outside my living room and bedroom windows but not for long.  Today I will be running some errands as yesterday I was in all day because it was raining.  I put the heat on for a minute or so to take out the chill.

Helen,  How is your beautiful chocolate lab?  I don't remember his name because it has been so long but hope he is fine.

Have a wonderful day!   Cat HappyCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

File Oct 26, 4 41 54 PM.jpeg

Good morning!

We went to do our citizenly duty awhile ago 🇱🇷And were in and out in 10 minutes! Another benefit of being retired.

Funny:,I read @SleeplessinSDs reply about getting scanned at Sam's ... misunderstanding, I thought 

@MariotaMurielle had gotten her yearly there! Don't laugh too hard at me!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Catwhisperer,  Wishing you the best  I hope your day brings you much happiness.

Happy Thursday, Ladies.  The leaves are falling more and more and the ground is covered with them.  I am fortunate to have a beautiful red/orange leaf tree outside my living room and bedroom windows but not for long.  Today I will be running some errands as yesterday I was in all day because it was raining.  I put the heat on for a minute or so to take out the chill.

Helen,  How is your beautiful chocolate lab?  I don't remember his name because it has been so long but hope he is fine.

Have a wonderful day!   Cat HappyCat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Hi Kat! It's no wonder you don't remember my "Max's" name! Two years away is a long time...he's doing great! I'm trying to find a costume for him for Halloween. It can't be too much or he'll fight wearing it for sure. I remember you talking about your beautiful view from your window this time of year. I'm sure it's beautiful. It's so good to have you back posting with us again...give your sweet girl Ava a tummy rub and head scratch from my Max and me!!❤️

IMG_7380.JPG

~H~