Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Good Morning!  Boy, it was hot yesterday, I was hoping that really hot weather was behind us, but I guess not!  Our event last night went really well, a really nice group of people and I was home by 8 o'clock.  I've got to get myself to the gym, I am procrastinating!!!!!! 

Ladies, if you get a chance, check out the thread about the woman who's significant other wants to buy half of her mother's house, he said if he does he, he'll leave his half to his 4 children.  Everyone's advice seemed to basically be the same run, don't walk away!!!!  

Respected Contributor

Catwhisperer--I do hope that DH is home and doing well.  My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Lovestoteach--Yes, as we age our hair can really change.  If you're on a regular medication, that can have something to do with it too.  On the other shopping channel there's a TSV for shampoo & conditioner by Skinn that I'm thinking about getting.  It's gotten some positive reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@katte@Hayfield@RetRN@MariotaMurielle

image.jpegimage.jpeg

@snardy

Somehow it got by me that you have twins! Lucky you!

And you are going to be a Great Aunt? Congratulations!

We will be meeting our dear cousins for lunch tomorrow! They will be here for the TCU/Arkansas game (they live in Ark). We have not seen them for many years.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I found out yesterday that I am going to be a great aunt, something new for me. A little boy is due Dec.5. The shower  is Oct.15 so I have been looking at the bridal registry online for a gift. I had no idea how many things are needed for babies nowadays.

My niece had identical twin boys two weeks ago. When we were thinking about shower gifts Swedie, who had twins 30+ years ago. suggested sending diapers. So, that's what we did. Amazon.com has "subscriptions" available. We sent 3 shipments, 1 per month, for 3 months ahead of the due date. Turns out it was a good thing. The babies were a month early. We also sent a gift card so she could get what she wanted and she applied it to a crib. Because the babies are so small, they're only using one for the time being. Then today, I sent her a dozen good, old-fashioned, Birdseye diapers. Nothings better for protecting the shoulders.

Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

Congrats on being a great aunt @RetRN

I was just outside digging up under our Kwanzan cherry tree, 3 clumps of 'Strawberry Candy' daylilies for the Extension plant sale next weekend.  Those 3 clumps became 5 so they could all fit in the pots! I was working in shade most of the time and now need to shower -- it is so warm outside -- 90 yet feels like 97!

Have a great weekend everyone! Did your DH come home? @catwhisperer

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom.....no, he's not home yet. I have been sitting around here waiting for someone to call me. I have no clue what is going on. DH is not near the phone and he is confused much of the time, so there is no point in trying to talk to him.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Oh gee! He didn't when he fell hit his head did he? Is he dehydrated? Sometimes both those things cause confusion plus being in a strange environment as well.

Hugs to you @catwhisperer.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@MartieHugs, your niece must be a busy gal and is probably tired. I bet she really appreciated the diapers. I'm sure she also was greatful for the gift card, I can't even imagine needing two of everything. I hope she will be able to stay home with the babies for awhile.

Frequent Contributor

@catwhisperer  My heart and prayers go out to you.  Several years ago, DH was suddenly sent to the hospital for a serious illness.  It is never a pleasant process, but a sudden hospital admission is even more difficult for the family to process, no matter how wonderful the hospital staff is.  Fortunately, the medical staff had some wonderful procedures and DH got better.   The painful memories stayed with us for a long time.  Take care.  We are thinking good and positive thoughts for you and your family.