Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Good Morning! @katte, there are a number of great places to eat in Old Town. A couple of our favorites are Cafe Coyote and Casa de Reyes. I'm pretty sure that's the names; I asked DH and he thought so too. You can google them to see what you think. I think I mentioned Peohes in Coronado that we go to often. You'll enjoy it too. I'm excited for you! Oh, Old Town isn't far from Seaworld, the zoo, etc.

@Hayfield, Yes, DH is moving slower this morning. He knows he's probably been rushing things...stubborn!😉 We're not sure yet about rehab. We'll see the doctor, I think next week and he said he'd decide if my husband needed it then. Surprised me, because I did six weeks when I had the same surgery years ago..go figure!

~H~
Honored Contributor

image.gif

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD Good Morning - thanks for the info regarding restaurants to check out.  I love the picture of the birds you posted!  I love photography and birds are my thing. Smiley Happy  Have you ever visited the Safari Park?

Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

@SleeplessinSD Good Morning - thanks for the info regarding restaurants to check out.  I love the picture of the birds you posted!  I love photography and birds are my thing. Smiley Happy  Have you ever visited the Safari Park?

@katte, Thanks! Birds make me happy too! No, we haven't been to Safari Park. Our DS took his family there not too long ago. They had a great time and got lots of pictures with/feeding the animals. That would be a fun day for you and your DH!

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good morning everyone,

It's nice to spend the next few minutes with you. It's another beautiful day here. Today is the last day our houseguest is here.  DH will drop her off at home late this afternoon. We have enjoyed having her but are looking forward to getting back into our routine. Today I'm making a big basket for our cancer charity that we have every year. I am doing a barbecue theme.  I have everything needed for a barbecue dinner.  I do a basket every year. We have a great time and last year we raised over $10,000!  The fundraiser is this Friday. 

Helen,  I hope you are feeling more rested today!  How how is DH?  I hope he has slowed down a little.  It's hard when you want to do things.  When I had my hips replaced and I tried to push a little, my body would tell me to slow down.  Can't wait to try your roast recipe. I will do that next week. I'm feeling well, thanks. We have made the very difficult decision that when it comes time to put our dogs to sleep, we will do them together. They wouldn't be able to get along without each other. They have been together 12 years. It was a very hard decision to make.  I loved the yellow birds and flowers!  I love birds. Can't wait to put our hummingbird food out this weekend. Take care my friend. 

Mochahoney, loved the eagle picture! Your garden is so nice. Five inches of rain is incredible. Glad your garden survived. As always, I love your pictures. 

Katte,  you will love San Diego. There is so much to see and do. There are good restaurants there too.  We always feel guilty when we leave our doggies too, but they do fine.  They are boarded in the "senior citizen" kennel at the vet where they get special attention!! The flavored popcorn sounds so good.  Yum!

Hayfield,  We will not be going to the east coast soon, but I'll let you know when we do.  Mount Vernon will definitely be on our list of places to visit. 

MartieHugs,  I laughed out loud when you said Mother Nature is off her meds!!  We are expecting rain and snow this weekend. Winter hasn't let go of us yet. Take care of yourself. I hope you will feel up to working a little soon.  

Hello to JustJazzmom, Fancy, RetRN, Catwhisperer, Boyzs and everyone else.  Blessings to you all! Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone!! I spent part of the AM digging out a hydrangea I am giving to a friend of mine and then removing dandelions from the lawn and putting out peony hoops. Now to shower and have some lunch.

Everyone have a great day-- here is a picture of two of my peonies taken a few years ago.

'White Cap' has white center and 'Fancy Nancy' is fuchsia colored on right.

These are Japanese style flowers.

'White Cap' & 'Fancy Nancy' Peonies.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD

Hi all! Wanted to stop in and wave...

Take care and I will read to see what I have missed!

image.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 ❤️the Violas in the basket! How's your weather?

@JustJazzmom, the peonies are so pretty! What are peony hoops? I think I know, but am not sure...

@snardy, I know you'll miss your friend's daughter, but Im sure it's nice to get back to the quiet routine with just you and your DH.  It must have been so hard deciding to put your sweet babies down together.  I hope this isn't something you'll be dealing with soon, but at least you'll be as ready as you can be when that difficult time comes. Your basket for the cancer charity event sounds so nice. What a thoughtful and generous thing to do. I hope you and your DH enjoy the roast recipe as much as we do. I'm so glad you're feeling better....

@MariotaMurielle, Is it still raining? I've been meaning to ask if you were able to get your new book from the library. I think this would be the 4th or 5th in the series, right? So glad you're enjoying them....

I hope everyone had a good day and you've all settled in for the evening. Before I go I want to say Hi to Hayfield, Katte, Fancy, RetRN, Catwhisperer, Boyzs,Martie and all our friends.....

Good Night!!❤️🙏💤

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Peony hoops are 3 metal stakes with 2 circle metal wires that go through those stakes. The hoops help keep the stems from bending from the weight of the blooms. Unfortunately peonies only do well where there are cold winters. Peonies do not do well in Southern states because the soil doesn't get cold enough for peonies to form the eye buds.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

how do I join and get back I to the group for replies or to make a list myself? I'm over 60. 😂