Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@Hayfield... this happened to us, too! The row of shrubs along the sidewalk hides the bags... I have dragged them out further in the past... then worried about what would happen to them!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle... I love the photos that you post at the end of each day... it creates a perfect ending to my day!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@RetRN  It was nice to hear from you. We got a little snow this past week, and it was beautiful.  We still have snow on the mountains and it's still pretty cold here.  It's supposed to warm up here towards the weekend.  Continue to stay warm.  Are you watching the Super Bowl this weekend.  If you are, are you a Broncos or Panthers fan.  We are routing for the Broncos, we'll see. Smiley Happy

@SleeplessinSD  I will do my best to post some pictures, but really don't know how to do it.  I am sill researching the process.  I have lots of pictures to share as my hobby is photography.  Hopefully, you'll get to see some real soon. 

@FANCY  Welcome, haven't got to talk to you much.  Would like to know more about you.  Look forward to sharing posts with you.  Enjoy your day.

Hope I didn't miss someone, if so I will catch up with you soon.  Everyone have a great Thursday.  Look forward to hearing from everyone Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone, I'm finally back!!  Yesterday I had my final Dr's appointment and am declared cancer free!!!!    YAY!   It feels good. My scar is still tender but can be washed and dried and kept clean. I'm anxious to try some makeup although I don't think it looks that bad. Much better than I thought. Thanks for all the warm wishes!

Now I need to take the time and go baack through the past messages. They fill up so quickly and its hard for me to keep up. But, I wish you all well. Anyone have an idea on a makeup or concealer that's worth spending the money for (bad grammar)?

Be back soon. Hope y'all  have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

@corismom1  Good Morning - I am fairly new to the group, but want to say I'm glad you're back and are cancer free, what better news than that.  Look forward to additional posts from you.  Have a great day Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

katte, I will be watching the Super Bowl and would like to see the Broncos win. I am a Packers fan, but it wasn't their year. I bought myself some munchies and will be making a dip that was posted here. Will enjoy a glass of cranberry wine also.

corismom, so glad to hear your good news. I know you have been through alot but the outcome is what really matters. I hope you treat yourself, you sure deserve it.

Mochahoney, I too enjoy seeing the beautiful pictures you post here for all of us to see and enjoy.

Wishing everyone a good day and special thoughts being sent to KatCat1, Shorelady, and Spammom.

Honored Contributor

@corismom1, I'm so happy for you. This is the best news. As far as foundation/concealer,  I've tried Tarte and It, which the Q sells here. It's important to find the right shade, so my advice would be to go to Sephora, or any makeup counter near you, and try out the shades. QVC had good prices for sets, which include nice brushes, so I find them the best bargain. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. You've been through so much, and deserve the best....❤️

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends,

Another sunny and cold day here.  I have been going through clothes I might want to take on our cruise.  It's really hard for me not to over pack, but I am getting better.  With the cost of taking luggage, the less the better!  We are leaving in a month and will be gone two weeks.  I will miss our doggies so much but they will be well taken care of.  That's the most important thing.

Helen,  how fun that your sister and son will be joining you for the Super Bowl.  Ribs and mac and cheese sounds SO good!  What time should we be there? Smiley Happy

Mocha,  I hope your weather is better.  I heard on the news about the severe storms down south.  Hope all is well with you.  It made me feel "springy" to read about you planning your garden!  Your garden sounds similar to mine. I am 68 and I have the same feeling when I look in the mirror.  Some days I feel older than 68!  You must be very satisfied and proud knowing that you made such a difference in people's lives as a nurse.  I find the pictures you post very relaxing and i look at them before bed.  Thanks for posting them.

Hayfield,  Wow, you really cleaned out the closet!  Ten bags of clothes is a wonderful donation to AmVets.  I still have oily skin too.  I think it might help with wrinkles.  That's what I like to think anyway!

Katte,  Wow, your weather sounds perfect.  Can't wait for us to get in the 70's.  Most of the time we go from winter to summer.  I love Spring weather.  I have adult coloring books and i color every day.  My DH got me the books and colored pencils for Christmas.  It's very relaxing for me and it gives me a sense of accomplishment because I'm not artistic.  You must have a very special hubby to encourage you to go to college and leave the grocery store.  Glad you are rooting for the Broncos!!

Corismom1,  I can't tell you how happy I am for you.  That is wonderful news!  I know there is a makeup that covers scars.  I don't remember the name.  Maybe you could find it on line.  Take care!

RetRN,  Good to hear from you.  I'm glad you will be rooting for the Broncos.  I will be enjoying the dip too.  Take care.

Have a pleasant day everyone.  Blessings to all. Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

I'm cooking a vension roast for supper.

I'm skeeered.....

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

@snardy Just finished going through all of our tax info.  Gettng our taxes done Friday.  I'll be glad to get it filed.  I know what you mean about aging.  My birthday is Chistmas Day and I turned 69 in December.  Sometimes I feel half my age and other times i feel "old".  That's life I guess.  I will say I have been pretty active all my life and try to maintain that lifestyle, but sometimes the "ole body" just doesn't want to move very fast Smiley Happy