Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

[ Edited ]

@katte

We haven't chatted much either!  I am so happy you are here!  Is there still snow on the ground there?  In Texas, we have had such a mild winter, for the most part.  Today is Groundhog Day... and according to the reports, we will have spring soon!  Wait a minute, isn't this what we have been having? LOL So, you are from Tucson... I need to get my map out!  Geography was never my best subject... and we don't refer to _______ft (mountains) here, because everyone knows, it is flat, flat, flat! (in Texas)

@Hayfield

I admire you for staying with the fitness program... I'm not quite there yet... letting my path wander each day feels like a dream come true, so far!  Did DD get moved in?  I have been away helping DH deal with DBIL, at least, that is where my mind has been.

@SleeplessinSD 

Have a nice day today at the hospital... maybe you will go out with friends afterwards?

@fancy pantsy

My wish for you is for (as you mentioned) have life return to mundane.  Our DD's have lives that are difficult for us to imagine... technology and careers keep changing.  Change for me these days = stress!  I used to buffer through change more easily... what happened?  

So very sorry to hear of a bad illness of your dear friend.  Will keep checking in on you for updates.  Meanwhile, wedding plans do sound stressful, but fun!  What are the colors? 

@MariotaMurielle  I will post badk to you later. Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte@Catty2

All you never knew about me (or all you ever wanted to know)!

I was born here (home of the Cowboys stadium) and I went to gradeschool right here in Texas!  

Then, my family moved back and forth from here to Detroit.

We married late (I was 28). DH and I have one child, our DD (she is 34)  We have two grandchildren, a girl and a boy.

DH's birthday was yesterday.  He has been spending most of his days at the hospital with his middle brother, who has all kinds of health problems.  His brother moved here from Houston in October and we have been anxious for him to get medical treatment.

DBIL has nasopharnyx cancer... and he will receive radiation treatments.  Today the hospital wants him moved to a full-time nursing facility.  DH is checking out a facility near us right now!

I taught high school students (SPED) math and then retired -- retirement has been joyfully relaxing!  I do still keep in contact with a few of my previous students.  

Good news to share!!! My football player student has accepted the opportunity to play for North Texas University next school year!!! I am just thrilled for him... he is the nicest, most polite young man!

My various careers took me many places, but both DH and I are homebodies now... we have not indulged in lots of trips YET!  

Wishing everyone a wonderful day today...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 Good Morning - it  was nice getting your post.  No we haven't talked in awhile.  We will have to change that Smiley Happy.  Yes, I live in a community outside of Tucson about 90 miles.  It is still pretty cold here today and the mountains are covered with snow.  What snow we had on the ground has melted. 

I am a native Arizonan, Born in Flagstaff, AZ and raised in Yuma, AZ.  Meant my husband in Cottonwood, AZ (which is close to Sedona).  I have two grown children a boy and a girl who live in Yuma.  My son is in law enforcement.  He just bought a new house in December.  I have three grandsons, who are pretty much grown except for the youngest who is 17 (I guess you could call that grown) LOL 

I worked in the medical field for awhile and  also taught at the local college for about 5 years.  I have been retired for 4 years this April.  I am enjoying the free time.  We have traveled some.  My husband took me on a cruise to Cabo when I retired.  That was alot of fun.  We got to go to San Diego last summer and had fun visiting various places like the San Diego Zoo and Seaworld.  We are hoping to visit San Francisco in June, we'll see. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear your family is going through some difficult times with healh issues.  My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.   Please keep in touch. I enjoy talking to you Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends,

It is still snowing heavily here.  We have a couple of feet of snow already.  The storm is supposed to stop this afternoon and I hope it does so DH can get out and plow.  Hopefully,  the county will plow our road by tomorrow too.  All the Denver metro area schools are closed which is welcomed by students and teachers alike.  We usually have 5 or 6 snow days a year. I know some of you have experienced very windy weather.  I hope that is over by now.  I really hate wind!

Mocha,  I can relate to your story when your DD first moved out.  When my sons left, I was a wreck too.  I cried my eyes out. I will watch the rebounder video.  Thanks again for the information.  How is Daisy today?

Helen,  I am so glad you heard from Spammom.  I will certainly keep her in my prayers.  She is a brave woman.  I hope you had a good day at the hospital.  I can't even describe to you how much snow we have. When I look out the window, it's all I can see.  The trees are all white.  It's really quite beautiful.

Fancy,  you have so much on your plate right now.  I am glad your DD's are holding up.  It must be so difficult to change careers and plan a wedding at the same time.  Your DD's sound like strong young women.  How sad that your dear friend is so ill.  I will send prayers his way and yours too.

Hayfield,  how fun that you are having a mani/pedi day!  I am waiting for this nail fungus to clear up before I get them done.  I will definately get a mani/pedi before we leave for our cruise.  I admire your dedication to your exercise program.  I dislike exercise and it is hard for me to get motivated.  Are you busy at work?

Katte,  Thanks for telling us about yourself.  What did you teach?  I taught reading at an elementary school for about six years before I retired.  Before that, I had my own tutoring business for 15 years.  I had a good business when we lived in town.  Then, when we moved to the country, it was too far for my clients to go so I closed my businesss and went to teach at a country school.  I retired about 4 years ago.  My husband and I have done some travelling too.  It sounds like you have had some nice trips.  I'm glad you have joined us!

Loves,  I am so sorry about your DBIL's cancer.  Sending prayers to your DBIL and you and your DH.  I find change stressful too.  I have noticed it as I've gotten older.  Like you, I have lived in the same state most of my life.  I was born and raised in Denver and have always been proud to call Colorado home.  Take care. 

A lot of us are experiencing health and family issues.  It is a blessing we have this group where we can support one another.  Take care everyone!  Blessings and prayers to you all.  Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

@snardy I didn't go back to college until I was 50, but when I did I through myself into college, got involved on campus and really enjoyed the experience.   I was elected President of Phi Theta Kappa and graduated with high honors.  The point to this short story is I was recommended  for an associate  faculty position by several of my professors.  I taught office administration classes and medical transcription and medical terminology classes and really enjoyed it.  I left the college, reluctantly (because of lack of benefits)  and went to work for the county at the treasurer's office, and then decided to get back into the medical aspect of a career and worked in behavioral  health, and then at the University Medical Center satellite office in our community, working as the head of medical records and front office.  We had 20 doctors that would come down from Tucson to hold clinics. 

Everyone enjoy their evening.  It is cold here today.  Thought it would warm up, but no such luck.  It is getting really windy again.  Lots of snow on the mountains.  Til next time, everyone take care. 

Respected Contributor

good Tuesday evening friends. this has definitely been a staying inside sort of day. it's been storming all day, raining cats and dogs Smiley Happy

this afternoon the heavy rain and thunder made it feel like the perfect opportunity for a nap so DH, Princess Daisy and I crashed for a wonderful 2 hours. I rarely do that because then I usually can't sleep that night. hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

DH took Daisy for a checkup today. she's gain about 6 ounces. the vet said her heart and lungs sound about the same. he also said the "episodes" she's been having where she collapses and loses consciousness is not unexpected in a dog her age and that we should be prepared that she may have an episode that she won't recover from.  but in the meantime, there's really nothing to be done about it.

Fancy, I'm so sorry about your dear friend's illness. that's so hard. but loving him and being his friend is the greatest gift you could give him, and you've already done that.

Martie, you're halfway through your radiation journey. it will all be over very soon.

thinking of Kat.

hello to all our dear friends here and special prayers for healing and comfort for those who need them.

here's an Oxford, Mississippi sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Everyone!

So many great posts today. We hadn't made any plans for dinner, so I came home and changed and we went out for a quick bite. Well, that was our plan anyway. Once we sat down with a glass of wine, neither one of us was in a hurry to get home. It was so nice to kick back and relax from a busy day running up and down the floors of the hospital. Now, I'm anxious to go up and get ready for bed. I'll catch up on what's going on with everyone once I relax and lay down to read. 

I hope everyone had a good day and are by now settled in for the night. Sending heartfelt prayers and good thoughts to all our friends and especially those going through health issues or other difficulties.

Good Night...💤😴💤🙏❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I so enjoyed my mani/pedi yesterday and I got a facial too!  I have very oily skin, so my pores are large and I get facial to get them cleaned out.  I use products that are not suppose to clog pores but most don't work for me, so facials are a good thing.  I love them!  I get them more often too if they weren't so expensive.  I've got to get some items together today for AmVets to pick up tomorrow.  DD left a bunch of stuff and I've got a few things.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--I'm glad you had a busy day yesterday, the day goes by faster when you're busy!  I forgot to thank you for the update on Spammom, I've been thinking about her, and Kat & Shorelady, haven't heard from them in a while either.  I do hope we hear from Kat again soon though. 

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--Maybe we're getting the rain you had yesterday because, according to our weather report, it's going to be raining "cats and dogs" today too!  I'm glad that Princess Daisy is holding her own, that's the best you can expect at this point, taking it day by day.