Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

This is how the Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon looked here:

Best pic by far for us:

2015-09-29 05.33.33.jpg

Photographer information: 

mikemezphotoI spent five hours waiting and documenting the blood moon lunar eclipse atop a hotel in Dallas, Texas tonight. This composite image was the result. I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to tag friends who would enjoy this! Prints available!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

the oddest thing happened when I was about to cook supper. I turned the oven on to preheat it and then turned around to the sink.  then I started to notice smoke coming from the oven. assuming that something had just dripped onto one of the burners and maybe had a little flair-up, I opened the oven door and there was a pot holder in the bottom of the oven smoldering and just about to catch on fire. I grabbed a long knife sharpening steel and pulled it out and threw it in the sink.  how in the world that pot holder got in the bottom of the oven, I have no idea. the funny thing is that just last night my DH and I somehow got on the subject of fire extinguishers. we have 2, but they are both very old, and are somewhere in the garage. we talked about him locating them and taking them to be refilled so we can keep one in the kitchen. I guess that was a good lesson about having one where you need it, not in the garage.

tonight I'm posting a different kind of sunset pic. it's a water color painting-over-photo of a place called Mt. Helena, which is an old plantation house in the delta that sits high on the top of an ancient Indian mound.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

Kat and Martie, I'm sending healing prayers to you both, and anyone else here who need them.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/11357250_10207125934853227_8528326685813790321_o.jpg

@MariotaMurielle Are you OK?

That sounds terrifying... and odd and strange.

We do have an extinguisher under the sink and probably need a "fresh" one.  We have had to use it once in the past...

I always think that a "brush" with tragedy is put there as a message from above and prevents the "big" one.  That is a beautiful watercolor picture that you posted.  Hope you are OK... 

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  I will post a picture of her hiding at the airport:

File Sep 29, 12 31 01 PM.jpeg

Where's Lexi?  

She got in trouble at the airport and had to sit in "time-out" with her dad.  She doesn't look one bit sorry in the picture.  In this photo she is obviously having fun playing hide and seek.

DD said "well, her problem is she doesn't really like to sit still."  Also, she probably got "time-out" for sticking her finger in baby brother's eye... she likes to do that a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 thanks Loves, I'm fine. it kind of scared me but I handled it and it was all over in a couple of seconds. seeing that almost-on-fire pot holder in the bottom of the oven was a pretty scary sight considering that when I turn the oven on to preheat I usually wander off to some other part of the house doing other things . if I had done that, we would probably have had flames coming out of the oven instead of just smoke. I'm sure I must have dropped it when I took the chicken pot pie out, as Helen said, and just didn't realize it.  but it was quite a surprise to find it there and I'm so glad that I found it just in time.

it's a little cooler here today and they say it's going to rain. we'll see, it hasn't happened so far. you know how those weather forecasts are. they are also saying that we'll be in the 70s by the weekend. I hope they're right Smiley Happy.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy  I KNOW that I have come "this close" to getting a poof or two!

Honored Contributor

AUTUMN CHALKBOARD cropped 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

This is how the Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon looked here:

Best pic by far for us:

2015-09-29 05.33.33.jpg

Photographer information: 

mikemezphotoI spent five hours waiting and documenting the blood moon lunar eclipse atop a hotel in Dallas, Texas tonight. This composite image was the result. I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to tag friends who would enjoy this! Prints available!

@LTT1, Wow! Thanks LOVES for sharing this. Amazing and the best I've seen. Nice to know prints are available....going to give that some thought!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD  I will post a picture of her hiding at the airport:

File Sep 29, 12 31 01 PM.jpeg

Where's Lexi?  

She got in trouble at the airport and had to sit in "time-out" with her dad.  She doesn't look one bit sorry in the picture.  In this photo she is obviously having fun playing hide and seek.

DD said "well, her problem is she doesn't really like to sit still."  Also, she probably got "time-out" for sticking her finger in baby brother's eye... she likes to do that a lot.

Awwww....Lexi, I see you! I do remember the "time outs"! Our daughter was put on many....I think she started to enjoy them! She couldn't sit still ever! I do hope our Lexi bug is feeling better😊.....

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good Night Everyone!

image.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

just popping in to wish everyone a comfortable and peaceful evening.

thinking of Kat, Martie and anyone here who needs healing.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/11782501_10204650264472125_6760091414252319371_o.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich