Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

@fancy pantsy So happy for you getting that exercise done! An accomplishment! Hope all is well with you and yours! 

As as for being quiet-- I forgot to post anything, but read everything! You ladies here are full of information!

@MariotaMurielle Loved reading about your weekend... Sounds like you and your DD enjoyed so much together.

We are still in preparation to leave. I am trying to pack sensibly but methodically this trip. PA always makes me feel cold.. It feels like a damp climate to me. So, this time I'm taking some warm things!

Have a nice evening everyone!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good Evening & Happy September!  I worked yesterday and then had my early training session with my trainer then went to Wegmans.  I'm going to make some meatballs and make a pot of sauce tomorrow, so I wanted to get all the ingredients that I needed. 

Lovestoteach--Thanks so much for all your kind words with regards to DD and special education, it is important.  While she started yesterday, it's just the teachers that reported back, the students don't report back until the day after Labor Day.  She likes the teacher that she's been assigned to work with, so I hope everything goes smoothly.  What day are you leaving for PA and how long will you be gone?  I'm originally from near the Pittsubrgh area and I think it's funny that you think PA is cold!  I guess Texas must be pretty hot since the weather in PA can be hot & humid too sometimes.  It is September and the weather can go back & forth so it is best to be prepared. 

Helen47--Thanks so much for starting the September thread!  I took Labor Day weekend off, it is my weekend to work, but we made plans with friends on Sunday and I wanted to enjoy the last weekend before the summer officially ends.  Do you have any plans for Labor Day.

FancyPantsy--I think it's great that your and your DBF are in the "here and now", what better place to be!  Great going with the exercising!  While I have a trainer, I need to do more.

Mochahoney--I'm so glad that you had a good time with DD!  Those moments in life are speical!  With regards to your DD taking her time getting her education and switching majors, the fact that she ended up with a good job, that's the important thing.  DS went off to NYC in Sept. 2008 and struggled to make it and he didn't give up and ended up with a good job.  I guess we Mom's just like to worry, it's our lot in life!

Honored Contributor

Puddles,  Your travels sound wonderful.  I have been to Canada (which I love) and Mexico and that is the extent of my travels but you speak of London, Holland, etc.  really does sound wonderful.  Enjoy yourself and thanks for the photos of the kittens. I adore cats.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

fancy,   I normally do not question a dental bill but this bill is definitely questionsable and I am definitely bringing it up on Thursday.  I am being charged for a 4 surfaces on one tooth which means the front, back and sides on the tooth.  They never filled the front of the tooth or drilled it.  The young dentist kept telling me not to extract a tooth.  I told her twice that I did not have the money for a crown.  I feel like it's all about the money.  I understand it's a business but they way they act is very questionable.  Unfortunately, I am with an HMO so I don't have much choice.  I already changed dentists once because the first dentist came out without a prfoessional white or blue jacket but rather a polo shirt with a few buttons undone to show his chest hair.  My girlfriend and I laughed about that on the phone but how unsanitary is that?  I hope you are doing well, fancy, and enjoy your evening.  I have a lot on my mind at this time.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,  Last night I was on the computer and changing channels and came across the Video Music awards which I have never watched before so I kept it on.  Not watching really (my head with come up every once in awhile) but I was listening.  OMG!  Kanye talked about he smoked a joint before he came and Miley Cyrus spoke about smoking and was passing around a joint.  You really would not your young ones watching this trash.  Miley was barely dressed and her father was in the audience.  I consider myself liberal but this was way beyond that.  I finally turned it off and just in time as Miley flashed her breast.  Gross.  Kris Jenner was in the audience too (heaven help that woman).  Never again.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

happy Monday and 1st day of September. I'm so happy that it's the beginning of the end of summer. Smiley Happy

I had a good day. I had to go shopping for another baby shower gift. I think we know way too many people having babies lately. I was able to buy the gift online and then just pick it up at the store. I waited too late to decide I would go to the shower, so no time to just shop online like I always do. but, while I was in that area (which is about 25 miles away and I don't go there often) I went to DSW to see if they had some really cute Cole Haan flats that I saw online so I could try them on. they did, and they were a perfect fit so I bought them. I really need to stop buying shoes, but I couldn't help myself Smiley Happy.

tomorrow is my day for a cut and color. I'm looking forward to that little refresher.

I'm hoping that those we haven't heard from in a while are doing well and are just too busy to stop by.....spammom, shorelady, RetRN, H2be, cottonball,nana.

hi to Fancy, Loves, Helen, Kat, Martie, Hayfield, catwhisperer, Puddles, NCbandwagon, Snardy.

here's a beautiful sunset at the Rez (the Barnett reservoir).

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10931527_1006739609354267_7120718458680975627_o.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Hello ~ I'm new here to this Thread, and I hope I am not butting in... but WAIT ~ WHAT?

The Dentist worked on you in a Polo with his chest hair hanging out?  WHAT?  I'm so glad you got a new Dentist..  How unprofessional, and totally not acceptable in my little world.  SHEESH!  They have to get so close anyway, who wants hairs in your face?  UGH!   

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Hello ~ I'm new here to this Thread, and I hope I am not butting in... but WAIT ~ WHAT?

The Dentist worked on you in a Polo with his chest hair hanging out?  WHAT?  I'm so glad you got a new Dentist..  How unprofessional, and totally not acceptable in my little world.  SHEESH!  They have to get so close anyway, who wants hairs in your face?  UGH!   

hi Mistic. that was funny. welcome to our thread Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, lovely ladies. Smiley Happy

What lovely September pictures you've posted.

@MariotaMurielle, congratulations to your niece. When will the baby be due?

@SleeplessinSD, thank you for starting the thread.

@Puddles, I'm sorry about your sister and your friend. Glad you made it safely to the UK.

@fancy pantsy, glad you enjoyed and pool class. P.S. I promise I'm not ignoring you. When I try to type in your name using the @ symbol, it doesn't seem to work.

@Katcat1, I hope your surgery goes well. Yuck! Sticky, humid weather sounds unpleasent.

@LTT1, enjou your trip.

@Hayfield, meatballs sound yummy!

@Mistic, welcome to this thread.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Good Evening!

i almost waited until tomorrow to post. It was my usual Tuesday of volunteering, so it's been a long day. I love starting a new monthly thread, one reason being we get visits from old friends and luckily even some new.....

MOCHAHONEY, I haven't had to buy a baby gift in so long, I wouldn't know what or where to begin. Now shopping for shoes always makes me happy. I love Cole Haan too. It was so much fun looking for Fall pictures to post here. I can't wait for Fall weather to get here. It shouldn't be long now. Have a great day tomorrow getting pampered..you deserve it!

KAT, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get all your questions answered Thursday, and most importantly that you're satisfied. Your surgery is only weeks away, and having peace of mind is so important. I didn't watch the awards last night, but I saw clips on the morning news show. I agree with you, people like Kanye and Miley need to think about their audience; impressionable young teenagers. 😟

HAYFIELD, I think my sister is coming out this weekend. We usually stick around the house over Labor Day. I'm sure  our grandkids/friends will be checking to see what's cooking here too. We also always invite our next door neighbors. They don't have family out here and are older. They're so nice. I'm so glad you were able to get the weekend off; it'll be nice spending time with your friends. Did you get those meatballs done? Yum!

LOVES, I don't blame you for being sure you get all you think you'll need packed for your trip. Better to have more than you need than to have to go out and buy things once you're there you forgot. Hopefully, you'll have pleasant weather. You haven't said unless I missed it, but I do hope you're feeling better. I think you did mention you finally were on some good meds that were working...

SNARDY, I hope you're enjoying some beautiful weather. I didn't see a post from you, but maybe I missed it. My Max sends love to your Maxx and Sam....have you started Fall decorating?

Our weather was noticeably cooler today. CATWHISPERER, wasn't it a nice day?  I wish that meant we were done with the heat, but sigh; I'm sure we're not. I woke up too early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm hoping tonight will be better. I'm on my second glass of wine just to be sure...😉🍷Cheers to all my friends! NC Bandwagon and Mistic...so good to hear from you!

~H~