Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

Hi to everyone...just got back from a trip to Canada.We have a cabin on a lake in a small town on Vancouver Island.The weather was spectacular and as a matter of fact we were swimming on Saturday when the temp soared to 92..the lake water is so clean that we drink it unfiltered.It is one of my favourite places and it makes me feel so relaxed and just plain happy.

I am about to begin the journey into figuring out who you all are so that I can comment on your posts.Yikes...there are a lot of you so please forgive me if I mess up or fail to include anyone.I don't know how you all remember everything and everyone but I am not going to be good at this for awhile.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Hi to everyone...just got back from a trip to Canada.We have a cabin on a lake in a small town on Vancouver Island.The weather was spectacular and as a matter of fact we were swimming on Saturday when the temp soared to 92..the lake water is so clean that we drink it unfiltered.It is one of my favourite places and it makes me feel so relaxed and just plain happy.

I am about to begin the journey into figuring out who you all are so that I can comment on your posts.Yikes...there are a lot of you so please forgive me if I mess up or fail to include anyone.I don't know how you all remember everything and everyone but I am not going to be good at this for awhile.

Hi Whatnow and welcome back. a cabin on a lake on Vancouver Island sounds like a dream. the only part of Canada I've ever seen is Quebec, and that was when I was a teenager. believe me, that was many decades ago. even though it was that long ago I can still remember how beautiful it was. we went to Quebec City and I was hypnotized by the narrow cobblestone streets, the street lanterns. for some reason I remember stone buildings with blue shutters. and of course the boys who only spoke French. oh my!

I'm happy to see you here. to introduce myself: I'm 64. retired since April of 2014 after 42 years as an RN. I live in central Mississippi with my DH who is also retired and have one daughter who is married and lives 100 miles away. you will enjoy chatting with us, I hope. everyone here is very kind and supportive.

welcome to the group.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm meeting a friend for breakfast, then I'm going in to work for a few hours.  I'll check back in later, have a great day!

Super Contributor

Good morning ladies. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Tried to sign in the other day and kept getting an error message.
DH and I have been married 42 years. We have two daughters 40 and 41 years old and three grandchildren, two boys and one girl.
We are both retired, I will be 64 this month. We are full time RVer's. We are from NE. Pennsylvania but for the past two years we have been spending the winter in Florida. The last two nights have been in the 40's and I don't like it. We are not sure if we are going to get to Florida this year as we had major problems with our motor home coming back north in the spring and scrapped it. We are now trying to find a newer motor home. Tomorrow we are going to an RV show in Hershey. Not that we can get a new camper but to see what kind of used ones the dealers have.
When we went to Florida last winter we had one cat. While at the campground a cat came to our site and was very friendly. She would rub against our legs and jump in my lap while I sat outside. So I decided I wanted to keep her. We were feeding her and several feral cats that came around and before I could convince her she needed to stay inside she ended up pregnant. Two weeks before we were leaving she had 6 kittens.
We did find homes for 2 of the kittens, so now we have 6 cats. Momma and her 4 boys. Everyone has since been neutered so we don't end up with any more.
Now that you all know more than you ever needed to know I will wish you all a great day. Will try to stop in more often.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning! DH had an early meeting, so here I am too! WhatNow and Sapphire25, Welcome back!! Looking forward to catching up with you. HAYFIELD, have a great day!

It's Tuesday, again, so you you know what that means for me. For those who don't, this is my day to volunteer at our local hospital. I'll try and be back later tonight when I return.

This is one of my favorite poems.....

image.jpg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Hi Whatnow,  I LOVE Canada.  I never made to the Vancouver area but I traveled by car to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.  When I was in Ottawa I thought I was in England.  It was so beautiful to travel by car through Canada especially the small, country towns.  The people in Canada were always so friendly.  Welcome.  Your trip to your cabin sounds lovely.  I hope to see you post often.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies.  I did not have a chance to read all the posts as I am pressed for time.  I am off to the hospital today for the joint/hip class and then my Mersa test.  We are back in the 80's - hopefully, the last hoorah.  I love the 60 degree weather.  I wish you all a wonderful day.

See you later!

Cat HappyCat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

hi ladies ... good morning to all!

i have finished my morning walk and then the trip to the pool for aqua-size, and so now i am just having a little lunch B4 my afternoon begins.  this afternoon  i am taking bf to see that new movie ~ a walk in the woods.  i havent told him anything about it, but i just know he will enjoy it.  

welcome back @dex.   your trip to canada sounds just heavenly!  i can just picture that pretty lake.  i think if you read here for a couple of days, you wil figure us all out in no time.

to help you a little, i am 66 and retired last year.  living now here in florida for 10 years, having moved here from the adirondacks in upstate NY.  i have three children, the oldest is married and lives in jacksonville fl., the other two are twins, a boy (living in boston) and a girl (living here in florida near me, and getting married in May).  i have a little yorkie, whose personaloity is more like that of a cat.  

sapphire, i hope that you enjoy that RV show tomorrow, and wouldn't it be wonderful if you found yourselves a nice used RV somehow and are able to comeback to FL for the winter?  i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.  how do you travel with six cats?  bless you for doing that rescue and the neutering, etc ... but wow.  how do you do that?

well, time to get dressed for our little movie outing.

have a great afternoon everyone

Heart

Honored Contributor

Thanks fancy pantry for the encouragement.I see we both like to exercise in the morning.I just got home from s brutal step class...45 min on the step and 30 min. weights.I am eating as much food as I can stuff in right now.I love to walk too..does your yorkie like to go with you?

It sounds like you are keeping busy during your retirement.i have been retired for 15 years.I was 45 when we moved to the US for my husbands career and have really enjoyed every minute of my life since then.

you are very blessed to have three children and one living close by.I have one son and he is in Oklahoma while we are in Washington state.I will be visiting him sometime in October.

I bet those wedding plans will be keeping you and your daughter very busy.Has she chosen her dress yet?

Valued Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends,

Another quiet day for the dogs and me.  It's nice to hear from the new friends in our group!  The skies are bluer today and it's going to be another hot one.  In the 90's.  I'm so looking forward to the cooler fall weather.  I am really enjoying my autumn decor.  I love looking at the pumpkins when they are lit up in the evening.

Helen,  Thanks so much for your well wishes.  I'm sure I will be on the mend soon.  Your weekend sounds wonderful!  I'm so glad you were able to get away and have such a great time!  I hope you had a good day at the hospital.  

Kat,  I'm glad to hear Ava is eating on the counter now.  I know you were worried about it.  Let me know what you thought of the hip class.  I really got a lot out of it.  I hope you did too!

Mocha,  Thank you for the beautiful sunset picture.  I loved it.  I share your feelings about all the tragic things that are happening.  

Whatnow,  Glad you are joining us!  Your trip to Canada sounds so relaxing and peaceful.  How wonderful that you have a cabin on Vancouver Island.

Sapphire 25,  Good to hear from you.  I'm sorry about your RV.  I hope you find a new one at the show.  Wintering in Florida sounds so nice!  I'm stuck here in Colorado with the winter snow.  I don't mind it so much now that i'm retired.  I hated driving in the snow.  Actually, I do like snowy days.  

Fancy,  I enjoy your posts.  How did you like the movie?

Have a great afternoon everyone.  Stay happy and healthy!  Blessings to you all.

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb