Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

Snardy,     I love mercury glass.  I have a 3-1/2 ft. Christmas tree I purchased at Pottery Barn on sale that has lights and it's a tabletop that fits in a clay pot wrapped in burlap.  I use either red or green mercury glass balls or sometimes mix both.  I also own a big silver mercury glass candle stick holder for a 4x4 " candle and then I purchased 4 or 5 years ago this tall mercury glass in silver container with a crystal looking stopper.  It also has a designed on the outside.  If I remember correctly I paid $10 on sale.  My question to you is do you display silver mercury glass year round?  I only bring mine out for the holidays just before Thanksgiving & through early Jan.  Snardy,  I enjoy decorating too but I only do it for the Christmas holidays.  I don't have the storage room for Fall decos.  I hope you are enjoying your evening.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good Evening! 

It it was really hard getting ready to volunteer today. I just could have used a day to recuperate from the weekend. Once I was there, as usual, I was happy to get out and be worthwhile. I'm also a little later than usual because I stopped with my lady friends for a Margarita, yes! It was one of the volunteers birthday, so I couldn't say no. It was a lot of fun. I really need to do it more often.

MARTIE, I love your comparison to the Velveteen Rabbit. I so admire your sense of humor and attitude. I hope I could be the same. I'm glad you had a break from your treatment and hope you were able to enjoy a good weekend. I think of you often and continue to send good thoughts.

SNARDY, I'll bet you're house is beginning to look like Fall has already arrived. I love all the colors of Fall and how warm it makes our homes feel. Yikes! That bear sounds a little too close for comfort. It's true, most times our small pets don't sense the danger before it's too late. I'm glad Maxx has a good "Mom" to watch over him😉 I wouldn't even trust my big Max around a bear! We had a great weekend with family and friends. I kind of miss the noise, but it's also nice to enjoy some peace and quiet time....

MISTIC, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's hand. I sure hope it can be treated in the least painful way possible. Hopefully, your DH will be home soon for support. No worries about posting. Just come back and join us whenever you have a minute.....

SPAMMOM, it sounds like you had a great time getting out for the first time and visiting with your son. Im sorry the drive was a bit much but I'm not surprised. Two hours is a long time to sit in a car, no matter what. your son sounds very special spending time with you indoors where it was more comfortable for you. I hope the ride home was easier. Please come back soon; we all miss you here!

LOVES, ha! I'm glad your little ones let you take a break so we could hear from you. Sounds like they have you and your DH on a schedule Lol! how much longer will you be there? 

MOCHAHONEY, if our daughter hadn't decided to come out with her friend, I'm sure our weekend would have been quiet too. As it turned out, our neighbors came over for a while, and our grandkids were here too. I was hoping my sister would make it but something else came up. We had a really nice weekend, but now I'm glad to be able to relax...

KAT, sounds like you'll be busy with tests and appointments before the 25th. I know you just want this all behind you and soon it will be. You're in my thoughts always, and I hope from here on, all goes smoothe....

CATWHISPERER, I think we're in for another hot week. Our A/C is back on....I'm not a happy camper either!

well, I think that's it for me. Welcome to our new posters. We will all love to get to know you better. wishing all our friends a safe, and restful night and a happy healthy day tomorrow.....❤️Helen

~H~
Honored Contributor

Mocha,  Today was the first day the pain in my hip pain was not extreme like it has been.  I will be happy when I don't have to take pain meds.  I hope you are doing well and Princess Daisy too. Hopefully, your weather is starting to cool down.  ava sends her love to PD = meow.  Cat WinkCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

MOCHAHONEY, I just noticed your photo tonight. It's beautiful; like a watercolor painting. Thank you again for your "bedtime" pics...they are relaxing😴

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning Ladies ~ It's after 3 am here in good ole Hooterville, so I guess a good morning to all of you is in order.  I am a total insomniac, so this will be a "normal" time for me to post.  

My "Hooterville" is located in south central PA.  Not much goes on here, but then I am pretty much a House Mouse, so if there is something going on, I generally miss it.  

When my youngest son Andrew was in Kindergarten, he taught me how to turn on our 1st comuter.  He will be 22 next week, so I have been around for a long time, but didn't post anywhere.  Back then I didn't even know what a BB was.  LOL

I have always been Mistic.  My avatar is a painting of my beloved Mistic.   He was one amazing Dog.  A real life kind of BFF Dog.  He has been gone for 5+ years now, but I still miss him so much.

Hubby & I have 6 Children.  5 Sons & 1 Daughter.  Christoppher and Thomas live in MN.  Natalie lives in KY.  Nicholas, Dustin, and Andrew live in PA.  2 Granddaughters in KY & 1 Grandson in MN.  Dustin & Andrew still live at home.  It's nice having them here as they help their Dad with things that he can't/isn't supposed to do anymore.  

We are very close knit family.  If they all moved back home tomorrow I would be thrilled.  I feel so lost most of the time with so many so far away.  I know, I sound crazy.  Perhas I am just a little.  I can't describe how much I miss them.  They grew up way to fast to suit me.  I would love a Do~Over.

My Husband and I met when we were barely 15 years old.  We have been together ever since.  We married when he just turned 21, and I was almost 21.  I give him a hard time cause he is 38 days older than me, and I never let him forget it.  I call him my Old Man.  LOL

I think I told you all that I celebrated the 12th anniversary of my 47th birthday in June.  So, that being said, I spend lots of time on the beauty board looking for the FOY.  It has to be out there somewhere, and sooner of later someone is going to find it.  And when one of you do?  I exect to read it here!  Come on Ladies, I know we can do this, right?  

OK, I hate to bore you anymore.  I just wanted to give you a little heads up as to who Mistic is.  Like my tagline says, I always try my best to be kind and treat others like I want to be treated.  Thats not to say that I don't get my feathers ruffled on occassion.   I sure do that, but I try not to be mean.  

I lost my Mom in 98'.  We were very close, and she truly was my BFF.  We did so much together.  She was an amazing Lady.  The best gift she ever gave me was to teach me from a very little girl to always have compassion for others.  So, if I ever get out of line, you just let me know.

I look forward to getting to know you all.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Super Contributor

Good morning ladies. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope everyone has a good day. I have read all the posts in this thread but need to go through again with a paper and pencil to try and keep everyone straight. If I can find them I should also read some older threads. I will post more about myself and family another time. Prayers for all.
Respected Contributor

Good Morning catwhisperer.  I totally agree with you about Renee's clothing line.  Several years ago, when she first came to the Q, I purchased several  pair of her pants in different styles.  They wear like iron, and wash up just as nice.  I have the regular waist and the fold over waist ones.   Once you find your size and length, you should be good to go.  Comfortable as a good pair of yoga pants, but nicer.  More fresh dressed looking.  Enjoy.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Yes, we have been at the mercy of two little babies!

Returning home tomorrow... And we are so ready!

All have been illin here... DH and I caught the bug's bug and baby brother even caught a touch.

i need to rest now... DD &DSIL got caught in Chicago due to flight cancellations and arrived home in th wee hours of the am!

so glad they made it safely

For @Mistic

We have been visiting here in Outer Mongolia (central PA-- outside Harrisburg) for a week.  Hi and glad you are here.

we will be ready to get back to our normal routine, but will miss our family here (our 1 daughter, her husband and their two little ones).

Will read up on everybody ASAP.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Mistic,  It sounds like a true love story meeting your husband when you were 15 and having a wonderful family.  You are blessed.  I also miss my mother who passed away 5 years ago.  I truly miss her and our many outings together for lunch and shopping but I know she is watching me from above.  Good to see your posting here.     Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength